Current Affairs June 2015 PDF: Current Affairs June 2015 Questions and Answers, Current Affairs June 2015 Questions and Answers in PDF file for preparing PSC, SSC, UPSC, Civil Services, Bank, RRB and all Other Competitive Examinations in India.
1. The Government of India has lowered the age of juveniles from 18 to …………. years for heinous crimes?
2. National Panchayat Raj Diwas was observed on?
Answer: April 24
3. Name the joint naval exercise recently held between India and France?
Answer: Varuna 2015
4. Name the volcano which erupted in Chile after more than 42 years?
5. World Book and Copyright Day was observed on?
Answer: April 23
6. Which was the private member’s bill recently passed by the Rajya Sabha?
Answer: The Rights of Transgender persons Bill, 2014. This is the first private member’s Bill passed in Rajya Sabha in over three decades.
7. Name the Bollywood actor who has been conferred Master Deenanaath Mangeshkar Award 2015?
Answer: Anil Kapoor
8. Which iconic tower in Nepal, built in 1832, was collapsed in the earthquake recently?
Answer: Dharahara Tower
9. What was the name given to India’s rescue mission in quake hit Nepal?
Answer: Operation Matiri
10. Which former Union Foreign Minister was honoured with ‘Officer de la legion’ (Officer of the Legion of Honour) by the French Government?
Answer: Yashwant Sinha
11. The Government of India has recently cancelled the licenses of about 9000 Non-Governmental Organizations (NGO) for violation of which act?
Answer: Foreign Contribution Regulation Act (FCRA)
12. Name the major exercise conducted in Rajasthan by the Indian Army, involving more than 300 combat vehicles and 10, 000 troops?
Answer: Akraman II
13. Which central public sector undertaking under the Ministry of Power has launched mobile science labs for promoting scientific learning among the students in rural India?
Answer: National Thermal Power Corporation (NTPC)
14. Which National Park in Uttarakhand has been declared as India’s 48th Tiger Reserve?
Answer: Rajaji National Park
15. What was the theme of 2015th International Mother Earth Day?
Answer: ‘It’s Our Turn to Lead’. World Day for Safety and Health at Work was observed on 28 April. World Malaria Day was observed on April 25.
16. What is the interest rate fixed by the Finance Ministry for General Provident Fund (GPF) and other related schemes for 2015-2016?
17. Which renowned Cambridge University historian, who specialized in colonial and post-colonial Indian history, passed away recently?
Answer: Christopher Alan Bayly
18. Which central government department was awarded the Prime Minister’s Award for Excellence in Public Administration?
Answer: Income Tax Department
19. Who won the 2015 Senior Men’s National Hockey Championship?
20. Omar al-Bashir has been re-elected as the president of which African country?
21. Which neighboring country has amended the constitution to reduce the power of the President?
Answer: Sri Lanka
22. In which state has the National Green Tribunal (NGT) recently banned the burning of waste in open including garbage, leaves, plastic and crop residues?
23. Which has become the 161st nation to join the World Trade Organization?
24. Name the Indians who received the 2015 Whitley Awards for Wildlife conservation?
Answer: Pramod Patil and Ananda Kumar
25. Name the renowned Indian scientist who was conferred Japan’s highest civilian award, The Order of the Rising Sun, Gold and Silver Star?
Answer: CNR Rao
26. Surender Singh has been appointed Director General of which central armed police?
Answer: Central Industrial Security Force (CISF)
27. Which has recently been recognized as a sport in India by the Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports?
Answer: Motor Sports
28. Which monument in Nepal, considered to be the world’s oldest Buddhist shrine, was damaged in the recent earthquake?
Answer: Swayambhunath Stupa
29. Name the Syrian journalist who was awarded 2015th UNESCO-Guillermo Cano World Press Freedom Prize?
Answer: Mazen Darwish
World Press Freedom Day was observed on May 3.
30. India won how many gold medals in the international shooting competition held at Hanover in Germany?
31. Which Oscar winning American writer, popular for the novel ‘Dance with Wolves’ passed away recently?
Answer: Michael Blake
32. Which railway station in Karnataka has been renamed as ‘Krantiveera Sangoli Rayanna’?
Answer: Bangalore City Railway Station
33. Which Indian airport was presented the award for the world’s best airport, under the category of handling 25 to 40 million passengers per annum?
Answer: Indira Gandhi International Airport, New Delhi
34. Which eminent crime thriller writer from Britain, known for the creation of the fictional character Inspector Wexford, passed away recently?
Answer: Ruth Rendell
35. Which world renowned Russian ballet dancer, who is considered to be one of the greatest ballerinas of the 20th century, passed away on May 2?
Answer: Maya Plisetskaya
36. Who won the World Welter weight Boxing title?
Answer: Floyd Mayweather
37. Name the surface to air missiles system which was recently inducted into the Indian Army?
38. The 100th Constitution Amendment, unanimously approved by the Parliament, operationalises the Land Boundary Agreement with which neighbouring country?
39. World Asthma Day was observed on …………..?
Answer: 5 May
World Dance Day was observed on 29 April
40. India and Iran signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) for the development of which port in Iran?
41. Who has recently been appointed as Election Commissioner?
Answer: Achal Kumar Jyoti
42. Which party won the general elections held in the United Kingdom?
Answer: Conservative Party
43. Name the advanced variant of the Brahmos supersonic cruise missile which was successfully test fired from the Car Nicobar Islands recently?
Answer: BrahMos Block III
44. Where is the recently commissioned naval base, INS Sardar Patel, located?
45. Which country where more than 4700 people died were killed by the Ebola virus, has recently been declared Ebola-free by the WHO?
46. Name Pension scheme, launched by the Government of India, under which the pension subscribers will get a fixed minimum monthly pension ranging from 1000 rupees to 5000 rupees at the age of 60 years?
Answer: Atal Pension Yojana
47. Name the six month long Indian cultural festival in Russia, inaugurated by the President of India?
Answer: Namaste Russia Festival
48. Who was appointed as the first president of the New Development Bank (NDB) of BRICS nations?
Answer: K.V Kamath
49. Who won the singles tennis titles in the Madrid Open?
Answer: Women’s Singles- Petra Kvitova (Czech Republic)
Men’s Singles – Andy Murray (Britain)
50. The Romanian Florin Mergea, along with which Indian tennis player won the Madrid Open Men’s Doubles Title?
Answer: Rohan Boppanna
51. Who has been re-nominated as chairman of Public Accounts Committee for a second term?
Answer: K.V Thomas
52. Which bill recently passed by Parliament, seeks to deal with the menace of black money and replace the Income Tax Act, 1961 for the taxation of foreign income?
Answer: Undisclosed Foreign Income and Assets (Imposition of Tax) Bill, 2015
53. Who was appointed as acting Chairman of National Human Rights Commission (NHRC)?
Answer: Justice Cyriac Joseph
54. K Soja Baby from Kerala was conferred which national award by the President of India on May 12?
Answer: Florence Nightingale Award for Nursing Personnels
55. Who heads the committee constituted by the Government of India, to look into the issue of Minimum Alternate tax (MAT) on Foreign Institutional Investors?
Answer: Justice A.P Shah
56. Which district in West Bengal was declared winner of the 2015 UN Public Service Award, in the category of improving delivery of public services?
Answer: Nadia. The district got the award for its initiative ‘Sabar Shouchagar’.
57. Who was appointed Director General of Bureau of Police Research and Development?
Answer: Navnet Rajan Wasan
58. Who is the new Chairman of National Safety Council?
Answer: K. Satish Reddy
59. Which Indian writer won UK’s Encore Award?
Answer: Neel Mukherjee (Novel- The Lives of Others)