Current Affairs July 2015 PDF: Current Affairs July 2015 Questions and Answers, Current Affairs July 2015 Questions and Answers in PDF file for preparing PSC, SSC, UPSC, Civil Services, Bank, RRB and all Other Competitive Examinations in India.
1. Which area in Atacama Desert is recently found to be the driest place on earth?
Answer: Maria Elena South
2. Which Hungarian writer won the 2015 Man Booker International Prize?
Answer: Laszlo Krasznahorkai
3. Which ancient Syrian city and UNESCO World Heritage Site has recently been captured by the ISIS militants?
4. Which became the first country in the world to legalize same sex marriage, by referendum?
5. Name the two Indians posthumously chosen for the United Nations Dag Hammarskjold Medal?
Answer: Naik Nand Ram and Raju Joseph
6. Name the recently held India-Singapore naval exercise?
7. Which film won the ‘Palme d’Or’ in the Cannes Film Festival?
8. Name the world renowned mathematician and the Nobel laureate in Economics who passed away recently?
Answer: John Forbes Nash, Jr
9. Who won the 2015 edition of Indian Premier League?
Answer: Mumbai Indians
10. World Day for Cultural Diversity for Dialogue and Development was observed on …………….?
Answer: 21 May
11. What is the theme of this year’s International Day of Biological Diversity?
Answer: Biodiversity for Sustainable Development
12. Name the recently commissioned fourth and last Anti Submarine Warfare (ASW) Converte of Project – 28?
Answer: INS Kavaratti
The other three ships buil under Project 28 are INS Kamorta, INS Kadmat, INS Kiltan.
13. The Indian Air Force has successfully conducted the trial run of landing of fighter jet on which express way?
Answer: Yamuna Expressway
14. Anti Terrorism Day was observed on ………………..?
Answer: May 21
15. Which state government has recently amended Factories Act, 1948, to allow women to work in night shifts?
16. Who has been appointed as the Director General of Police, Kerala?
Answer: T P Senkumar
17. Which eminent economist, who served as policy advisor to the earlier UPA Government, passed away recently?
Answer: Mrinal Datta Chaudhari
18. Which Indian was elected head of the Bureau of International Recycling?
Answer: Ranjit Singh Baxi
19. Which Indian film, Directed by Neeraj Ghaywan, won the International Federation of Film Critics (FIPRESCI)?
20. Which picturesque valley, 45 km away from Indo-China border in Uttarakhand was opened for the first time for tourists after the 1962 Indo China war?
Answer: Nelong, The valley falls under the Gangotri National Park.
21. Manoj Mishra has been appointed Chairman and Managing Director of which Union Government owned company?
Answer: National Fertilizers Limited.
22. Which US state has recently abolished death penalty?
23. Name the 24 hour channel for farmers launched by Doordarshan?
Answer: DD Kisan
24. The President of India, on 20 May inaugurated the 50th anniversary of which historic achievement, by the team lead by Captain M S Kohli?
Answer: India’s climb of Mount Everest.
25. According to the recently released United Nations Annual Hunger Report, which country has the highest number of hungry people in the world?
26. Name the interim coach of the Indian cricket team for the Bangladesh tour?
Answer: Ravi Shastri
27. Who tops the list of the world’s most powerful women, according to the Forbes Magazine?
Answer: Angela Merkel
28. Which state government decided to withdraw Armed Forces Special powers Act (AFSPA) from the state?
29. Who was appointed as the Executive Director of the Reserve Bank of India?
Answer: Meena Hemachandra
30. Which Indian origin diplomat has been appointed as Singapore’s envoy to Sri Lanka?
Answer: S Chandra Das
31. Which international organization has achieved a milestone of destroying 90 percent of the global chemical weapons?
Answer: Organization for the Prevention of Chemical Weapons (OPCW)
32. The United States has recently removed which country, from its list of state sponsors of Terrorism?
33. Ameenah Gurib-Fakim is the first women president of which island country?
34. Dr. Selvin Christopher was appointed Director General of which central government organization?
Answer: Defence Research and Development Organization (DRDO)
35. Which state government has recently launched the cleanliness drive, Swachhata Saptapadi Scheme?
36. Which team won the I-League title?
Answer: Mahun Bagan
37. World no-tobacco day observed on ………………….?
Answer: 31 May
38. Name the former Indian cricketers who have been inducted into the BCCI Advisory committee?
Answer: Sachin Tendulkar, Saurav Ganguly and VVS Laxman
39. Name the FIFA president who announced his resignation due to corruption allegations?
Answer: Sepp Blatter
40. Which former Indian Prime Minister was honoured with Friends of Bangladesh Liberation War Award?
Answer: Atal Bihari Vajpayee
41. International Day of United Nations Peacekeepers was observed on ………………?
Answer: 28 May
42. Who was appointed Director of the Vikram Sarabhai Space Centre (VSSC)?
Answer: K Sivan
43. From 1 June 2015, the service tax has been increased from 12.36 to …………….. percent?
44. Name the former foreign minister of Singapore who was appointed Chancellor of Nalanda University?
Answer: George Yeo
45. Who is the new Cabinet Secretary to Union Government?
Answer: Pradeep Kumar Sinha
46. Which Indian has been conferred World No Tobacco Day Award by the World Health Organization?
Answer: Surendra Negi
47. Which women tennis player and former world No. 1 and who won three Wimbledon titles in a day (1951), passed away recently?
Answer: Doris Hart
48. Who known as one of the pioneers of Indian IT industry and chairman of Hinditron Group, passed away recently?
Answer: Hemant Sonawala
49. Who head the committee, constituted by the government, on revisiting and revitalizing the Public Private Partnership (PPP) model of development?
Answer: Vijay Kelkar
50. The World Bank has sanctioned 250 million dollar loan for which project, aiming at reinforcing flood control measures and reconstruction of flood affected infrastructure in Jammu and Kashmir?
Answer: Jhelum and Tawi Flood Recovery Project
51. Where was India’s first green police station inaugurated?
Answer: Maurice Nagar, New Delhi
52. Who was awarded Freedom of Expression Prize , a Norwegian Award, also known as Bjornson Prize?
Answer: Edward Snowden
53. Name the Indian city in which metro railway has recently been inaugurated?
Answer: Jaipur and Chennai
54. Name the virus transmitted respiratory disease that lead to many deaths in South Africa?
Answer: Middle East Respiratory Disease (MERS)
55. Which international organization has ruled that Indian ban of poultry meat, eggs and live pigs from the United States is inconsistent with international norms?
Answer: World Trade Organization
56. Name the project launched by the central government, aiming at converting one water scarce village in every district into water surplus village?
Answer: Jal Kranti Abhiyan
57. Which eminent biochemist and winner of 2004 Chemistry Nobel passed away recently?
Answer: Irwin Rose
58. Name the web portal launched by the Government of India to trace missing kids?
Answer: Khoya Paya
59. The Reserve Bank of India has recently lowered repo rate from 7.5 percent to …………..?
Answer: 7.25 percent
60. Which Indian city’s metro railway got driver-less train from South Korea?
61. Which Indian has been inducted into the Elite Panel of International Cricket Council Umpires 2015-2016?
Answer: Sundaram Ravi
62. Name the new Director General of the National Security Guard?
Answer: RC Tayal
63. Who has been appointed as Prime Minister’s Special Envoy on Counter Terrorism and Extremism?
Answer: Syed Asif Ibrahim
64. India signed a ten year defense framework agreement with which country?
Answer: United States
65. The Life Insurance Corporation of India has recently got permission from which neighboring country to do business there?
66. Who was appointed as the new Chief Information Commissioner (CIC)?
Answer: Vijai Sharma
67. What is the World Environment Day theme of 2015?
Answer: “Seven Million Dreams. One Planet. Consume with Care”
68. R Seshasayee has been appointed non-executive chairman of which Indian software firm?
69. Which football club won the 2014-15 UEFA Champions League Trophy?
Answer: Barcelona FC
70. Who won the singles titles in the 2015 French Open?
Answer: Men-Stanislas Wawrinka (Switzerland)
Women-Serena Williams (US)
71. India signed a Memorandum of Understanding with which country, under the Make in India initiative, to develop measles-Rubella Vaccines?
72. Name the new Central Vigilance Commissioner?
Answer: KD Chowdhary
73. Petteri Taalas has been appointed Secretary General of which international organization?
Answer: World Meteorological Organization
74. Who won the Canadian Formula 1 Grand Prix?
Answer: Lewis Hamilton
75. Name the districts of Haryana and Uttar Pradesh, recently added to the National Capital Region (NCR)?
Answer: Jind and Karnal (Haryana) Muzaffarnagar (Uttar Pradesh)
76. Who is the first women to be appointed as the Director of Indian Statistical Institute?
Answer: Sanghamitra Bandopadhyay
77. Which West Indies cricketer has recently been inducted into the ICC Cricket Hall of Fame?
Answer: Wesley Winfield Hall
78. Which professional boxer tops the Forbes magazine’s list of the world’s highest paid athletes 2015?
Answer: Floyd Mayweather
79. Where was the fourth Migrant Resource Centre set up by the Ministry of Overseas Indian Affairs?
80. How many African countries have signed the historic pact of Tripartite Free Trade Area (TFTA)?
81. Who headed the committee which submitted its recommendations to the Union Government on reconstructing of Indian Railways?
Answer: Bibek Debroy
82. Which artist and sculptor, who created Chandigarh’s Rock Garden, passed away recently?
Answer: Nek Chand Saini
83. The recently signed BBIN Motor Vehicles Agreement involves which SAARC nations?
Answer: Bangladesh, Bhutan, India and Nepal
84. The ordinance recently promulgated by the central government, which proved modifications in the jurisdiction of cheque bouncing cases, seeks to amend which central act?
Answer: Negotiable Instruments Act, 1881
85. Name the first Indian to score 50 international goals?
Answer: Sunil Chhetri
86. World Day against Child Labour was observed on …………………..?
Answer: 12 june
87. Who resigned as the Chief Executive Officer of Twitter?
Answer: Dick Costolo
88. The Indian Railways renamed the Ahmadabad-Haridwar Mail Express as ……………….?
Answer: Yoga Express
89. Who was appointed president of the 70th session of UN General Assembly?
Answer: Mogens Lykketoft
90. Florin Mergea of Romania, along with which Indian, won the ATP Stuttgart Open Men’s Doubles title?
Answer: Rohan Boppanna
91. The mobility solutions company, letsgomo, has been acquired by which Indian e-commerce company?
92. On 15 June 2015, Britain celebrated the 800th anniversary of which historic incident?
Answer: Signing of Magna Carta
93. Name the legendary Indian architect and the first chairman of the National Commission of Urbanisation who passed away on 16 June?
Answer: Charles Correa
94. Which English actor, famous for his role as Count Dracula, passed away recently?
Answer: Christopher Lee