Current Affairs August 2015 PDF: Current Affairs August 2015 Questions and Answers, Current Affairs August 2015 Questions and Answers in PDF file for preparing PSC, SSC, UPSC, Civil Services, Bank, RRB and all Other Competitive Examinations in India.
1. Which state government has recently banned the sale of thermocol plates?
2. Name the two cricketers who were fined by the ICC for breaching code of conduct during one of the ODI’s between India and Bangladesh?
Answer: Mahendra Singh Dhoni (India) and Mustafizur Rahman (Bangladesh)
3. Name the former Superior General of the Missionaries of Charity, who passed away recently?
Answer: Sister Nirmala Joshi
4. Which has been declared as Snake Bird Day by the Government of Kerala?
Answer: June 22
5. Which Indians historian was selected for Japan’s Fukuoka Prize 2015?
Answer: Ramachandra Guha
6. World Refugee Day was observed on ………………?
Answer: 20 June
7. Which Indian pair won the women’s doubles title in the Canada Open Badminton Tournament?
Answer: Jwala Gutta and Ashwini Ponnappa
8. Which south Indian classical vocalist was selected for this year’s Sangita Kalanidhi Award?
Answer: Sanjay Subramanyam
9. The 200th anniversary of which famous battle was observed in Belgium on 18 June 2015?
Answer: Battle of Waterloo
10. Which composer, who won two Oscars for the music of “Titanic”, passed away recently?
Answer: James Horner
11. Which state declared Blue Mormon species as its official state butterfly?
12. Which well known Indian journalist, columnist and leading anti-nuclear activist, passed away on June 23?
Answer: Praful Bidwai
13. Which former World No.1 Women’s tennis player has been appointed by the Kerala Government as the Brand Ambassador of Ayurvedha?
Answer: Steffi Graf
14. Which former Pakistan cricketer has been appointed President of the International Cricket Council?
Answer: Zaheer Abbas
15. Name the first Indian to be drafted in the National Basketball Association (NBA)?
Answer: Satnam Singh
16. The name of a newly discovered galaxy, CR7 (COSMOS Redshift 7), is also the nickname of which international footballer?
Answer: Christiano Ronaldo
17. Which city, reverd by Sikhs as the ‘city of bliss’, founded by Guru Tej Bahadur celebrated its 350th anniversary?
Answer: Shri Anandpur Sahib
18. Where will be the new six IIMs, to be set up in the country, located?
Answer: Visakhapatnam (Andhra Pradesh), Bodh Gaya(Bihar), Sirmur(Himachal Pradesh), Nagpur(Maharashtra), Sambalpur(Odisha) and Amritsar(Punjab)
19. Which zoo has been renamed after Nawab Wajid Ali Shah, the last Nawab of Oudh?
Answer: Lucknow Zoo
20. Who was stripped of the 2015 Welterweight World title, for his failure to comply with the rules of the World Boxing Organization?
Answer: Floyd Mayweather
21. As per the recent studies published by the World Economic Forum, which two Indian organizations are among the top ten list of World’s biggest employers?
Answer: Indian Railways (8th position) and Indian Armed Forces (9th position)
22. Who won this year’s World Food Prize?
Answer: Fazle Hasan Abed (Bangladesh)
23. Who was selected for the 2014 GD Birla Award for Scientific Research?
Answer: Prof. Sanjeev Galande
24. Which Finnish engineer, known as the pioneer of SMS technology, passed away recently?
Answer: Matti Makkonen
25. Integrated Security System to avert terror attacks has recently been launched at six railway stations in which Indian city?
26. Who are the winners of the 2015 COPA America Football title?
27. The Meiji era industrial revolution sites located in which country have been included in the UNESCO World Heritage List?
28. Which Indian won the 19th Commonwealth Chess Championship?
Answer: Abhijeet Gupta
29. Which Indian American has been selected for the 2015 World Agricultural Prize?
Answer: R Paul Singh
30. Which eminent Indian biologist has been elected as Fellow to Royal Society, London?
Answer: Kamal Bawa
31. According to the World Health Organization, Which became the first country to eliminate mother to child HIV transmission?
32. Which country retained the South Asian Basketball Championship?
33. What does the PMKSY, the social welfare scheme recently approved by the union cabinet, stand for?
Answer: Pradhan Mantri Krishi Sinchayee Yojana
34. Which Indian company has signed a pact with Airbus Helicopters to form a joint venture company to manufacture helicopters in India?
Answer: Mahindra Defence, It is a subsidiary of Mahindra Group.
35. Who won the 2015 Formula One British Grand Prix?
Answer: Lewis Hamilton
36. The Reserve Bank of India issued a notification banning foreign direct investment in the manufacturing of …………….?
Answer: Tobacco Products
37. Which country won the 2015 FIFA Women’s World Cup?
Answer: United States
38. The 1839 km World Bank assisted Eastern Dedicated Freight Corridor by the Indian Railways extends from Ludhiana (Punjab) to ………………?
Answer: Dankuni (Near Kolkata, West Bengal).
The 1486 km Western Corridor extends from Dadri, near Delhi to Jawaharlal Nehru Port Trust (JNPT), Navi Mumbai.
39. International Day of Cooperatives was observed on ……………..?
Answer: July 4
40. India and Pakistan were recently accorded full membership in which intergovernmental organization?
Answer: Shanghai Co-operation Organization
41. Who has been appointed as the new Vice-Chief of Indian Army?
Answer: Lt.Gen Man Mohan Singh Rai
42. Which Indian-American, is among those who were honoured by the White House as ‘Champions of Change’, for her effort in protecting environment and communities from the effect of climate change?
Answer: Sunita Viswanath
43. Name the recently test-fired helicopter launched version of Nag anti-tank missile?
44. Name the two Indian Premier League teams suspended from the cricket league for two years?
Answer: Chennai Super Kings and Rajasthan Royals
45. Which noted Indian artist was conferred with the highest French civilian honour, the Commandeur de la Legion d’Honneur (the Legion of Honour)?
Answer: Sayed Haider Raza
46. Name the newly launched Indian satellite based aviation navigations system?
47. Which veteran musician who composed music for over 1700 films in Tamil, Malayalam and Kannada, passed away recently?
Answer: MS Viswanathan
48. Name the new particle discovered by the scientists of CERN?
49. Who heads the panel, constituted by the Reserve Bank of India, to frame a five year action plan for financial inclusion in the country?
Answer: Deepak Mohanty
50. Which cricket league, jointly organized by BCCI, Cricket South Africa (CSA) and Cricket Australia (CA) has been discontinued?
Answer: Champions League Twenty20
51. The Reserve Bank of India signed a $ 1.5 billion currency swap agreement, with which central bank of a neighbouring country?
Answer: Central Bank of Sri Lanka
52. Where in Kerala, is the country’s first defence park to be set up?
53. Which Pakistan all-rounder has been given a one year ban from bowling in international cricket after his action was found to be illegal?
Answer: Mohammad Hafeez
54. Which two time grand slam title winner and the first French woman to be ranked world No 1, is among the three persons included into the International Tennis Hall of Fame?
Answer: Amelie Mauresmo, The other two are David Hall and Nancy Jeffet
55. Who is the new chairperson of the Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI)?
Answer: Bhanu Pratap Sharma
56. Which project of Kerala Tourism bagged this year’s Pacific Asia Travel Association (PATA) Gold Award in the ‘Heritage and Culture’ category?
Answer: Muziris Heritage Project
57. World Youth Skills Day was observed on ……………..?
Answer: 15 July
58. Name the new scheme launched by the Government of India for skill training of youth?
Answer: Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana
59. Remnants of India’s one of the oldest ports has recently been found in which state?
Answer: Goa, The port is supposed to be existed on the Zuari River.
60. Jorge Sampio of Portugal and Helena Ndume of Namibia were conferred the inaugural edition of which international award?
Answer: Nelson Rolihlahla Mandela Prize
61. The Supreme Court has recently rejected the review plea filed by the Union Government seeking OBC status to which community?
62. The UNESCO has named which city as the World Book Capital for 2017?
Answer: Conkary (Guinea)
63. Which company, owned by Reliance Group, has signed a agreement with the Russian ship building company Zvyozdochka, to refit submarines in India?
Answer: Pipavav Defence and Offshore Engineering
64. The new fish species Puntius Dolichopterus was discovered in which state?
65. Which indigenously designed and developed high thrust cryogenic engine has recently been test fired?
Answer: GSLV Mark III
66. Who is the new chairman of the Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI)?
Answer: Ram Sewak Sharma
67. Hepatitis Day was observed on …………….?
Answer: 28 July
68. Who won the 2015 Tour de France?
Answer: Chris Froome
69. National Broadcasting Day was observed on …………….?
Answer: 23 July
70. Ashish Bahuguna has been appointed chairman of which national authority?
Answer: Food Safety and Standards Authority of India
71. Which state government has decided to exempt small cars from paying toll taxes?
72. Who won this year’s Formula 1 Hungarian Grand Prix?
Answer: Sebastian Vettel
73. Name the scheme launched by the Government of India aiming to provide uninterrupted power supply to rural households?
Answer: Deendayal Upadhyaya Gram Jyoti Yojana
74. Name the former Governor of Kerala who passed away recently?
Answer: R S Gavai
75. Name the advisory body, constituted by the central government, for the development and promotion of sports?
Answer: All India Council for Sports (AICS)
76. Who are the two Anglo Indian community members, nominated into the Lok Sabha, by the President of India?
Answer: Richard Hay and George Baker
77. Which internationally acclaimed Sri Lankan historian and author passed away recently?
Answer: Santasilan Kadirgamar
78. Pierre Nkurunziza has been elected president of which African country for the third term?
79. Which country became the 162nd member of the World Trade Organization (WTO)?