Current Affairs April 2015 PDF: Current Affairs April 2015 Questions and Answers, Current Affairs April 2015 Questions and Answers in PDF file for preparing PSC, SSC, UPSC, Civil Services, Bank, RRB and all Other Competitive Examinations in India.
1. Where was Aero India 2015, the 10th biennial air show and aviation exhibition, held?
2. Kolinda Grabar Kitarovic was sworn in as the President of which European country?
3. Name the first national tribal festival held in New Delhi, organized by the Ministry of Tribal Affairs?
4. Which eminent film producer and Dadasaheb Phalke Award winner, who produced more than 150 films in 13 Indian languages, passed away recently?
Answer: D Ramanaidu
5. Which Indian cricketer has recently been inducted into the ICC Cricket Hall of Fame?
Answer: Anil Kumble
6. Who was appointed Director of ISRO’s Space Application Centre, Ahmadabad?
Answer: Tapan Mishra
7. Who was sworn in as the Chief Minister of Bihar?
Answer: Nitish Kumar
8. The Competition Commission of India has given approval for the merger between which two private sector banks?
Answer: Kotak Mahindra and ING Vysya
9. Name the Indian American who won the 2015 J Calvin Giddings Award instituted by the American Chemical Society Division of Analytical Chemistry?
Answer: Purnendu Dasgupta
10. Tortoise festival was organized in February on the banks of Hajong Lake in which state?
11. Which movie won the best movie award in the 87th Academy Awards?
Answer: Birdman or The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance. The movie was directed by Alejandro G Inarittu
12. Who became the first batsman to score a double century in the ICC World Cup Cricket?
Answer: Chris Gayle. He scored 215 against Zimbabwe.
13. Who won the Raja Bhalendra Singh Trophy by topping the overall medal tally in the 35th National Games held in Kerala?
Answer: Services Sports Control Board
14. Sajan Prakash, the swimmer from Kerala, became the top medal winner in the National Games by winning how may medals?
15. Name the Consular Grievances Monitoring Portal launched by India?
16. The Government of India recently imposed anti-dumping duty on the import of which commodity?
Answer: Graphite electrodes
17. Which government to business (G2B) portal under the Ministry of Commerce and Industry launched 11 government services for those who need to start business in India?
18. Which state won the Krishi Karman Awards 2013-14 for producing more than 10 million tons annually?
19. Who won the singles title in the Delhi Open Tennis?
Answer: Somdev Dev varman
20. Name the former President of Maldives who was arrested in Male under anti-terror law?
Answer: Mohamed Nasheed
21. Who won the Indian Open Golf title?
Answer: Anirban Lahiri
22. Name the Reuter bureau chief for Afghanistan and Pakistan who was found dead in Islamabad?
Answer: Maria Golovnina
23. World Day of Social Justice was observed on:
Answer: February 20
24. The Government of India has recently approved construction of seven stealth frigates and how many nuclear powered submarines for the Indian Navy?
25. Name the card launched by the central government which carries crop wise recommendations of nutrients/fertilizers required for their farms?
Answer: Soil Health Card
26. Who has been appointed as the new chairman of Sangeeth Natak Academy, the country’s premier institution for Performing arts?
Answer: Shekhar Sen
27. Who is the Author of the new book “Two years Eight months and 28 Nights” based on Arabian Nights?
Answer: Salman Rushdie
28. The Universe in a single atom: The convergence of Science and Spirituality is a book written by whom?
Answer: Dalai Lama or Tenzin
29. The Union Budget 2015-16 proposed the lowering of the corporate tax from 30 percent to:
Answer: 25 percent.
30. The Service Tax is proposed to be hiked to ………. percent from 12.36 percent?
31. Who won the Hockey India League 2015?
Answer: Ranchi Rays
32. As per the recent statement of the Government, how many Indian satellites are currently operational?
Answer: Twenty Seven
33. Which country signed a deal with Russia to allow Russian naval ships to use its ports in the Mediterranean Sea?
34. Arun Singh is India’s new ambassador to which country?
Answer: United States
35. Who has been elected president of the BCCI?
Answer: Jagmohan Dalmia
36. Who won the 2014 Mo Ibrahim Prize for Achievement in African Leadership?
Answer: Hifikepunye Phamba
37. Who retained the title as the richest person in the Forbes 2015 billionaire list?
Answer: Bill Gates
38. What does NERPA, the programme launched by the Election Commission of India, stand for?
Answer: National Electoral Roll Purification and Authentication Programme
39. As per the Insurance Laws (Amendment) Bill passed by the Loksabha, the Foreign Direct Investment has been raised from 26 percent to:
Answer: 49 percent
40. Which Indian American has been re-nominated as the Alternate Executive Director at International Monetary Fund?
Answer: Sunil Sabharwal
41. Which spacecraft of NASA has completed its orbit around CERES, the dwarf planet between Mars and Jupiter?
42. Which state government launched ‘Aapki Beti Hamari Beti’ scheme?
43. Name India’s first indigenously developed rota virus vaccine?
44. Who has been selected for the 2014 Saraswati Samman?
Answer: M Veerappa Moily
45. Name the Solar powered aircraft which is on a journey around the earth?
Answer: Solar Impulse-2
46. The Indian Railways signed an agreement with which Government of India owned company to raise Rs. 1.5 lakh crore for financing the development of infrastructure projects?
Answer: Life Insurance Corporation of India
More Current Affairs Notes.
Mission Indradhanush was launched by Union Health Minister J.P Nadda on December 25, 2014. It aims to immunize all children against seven vaccine preventable diseases namely diphtheria, whooping cough, tetanus, polio, tuberculosis, measles and hepatitis-B, by 2020. The minister launched the Mission on Good Governance Day to mark the birth anniversary of Atal Bihari Vajpayee. The Ministry will be technically supported by WHO, UNICEF and Rotary International.