Calicut University UG Degree Centralized Admission Process (CAP) Online Application Registration 2015-16 at www.cuonline.ac.in. Online Applications are invited for admission to the Under Graduate UG Programmes in the affiliated colleges of University of Calicut for the academic year 2015-2016 (except UG programmes to which admissions are based on entrance examinations, B Voc programmes and BA Afsal-ul-Ulama).
I. Admissions to Programmes which comes under the purview of Centralized Allotment:
A) Admissions to the seats under the merit/reservation quota is conducted through Centralized Allotment. Selection/allotment of a candidate to a particular programme to any college will be based on the rank of the candidate and the availability of the seat.
B) Details of seats that comes under the ambit of Centralized Allotment.
1. Government Colleges-Total seats excluding the seats reserved for Sports Quota/Mentally Retarded/Persons with Disabilities/Lakshadweep Quota/Kashmir students/Tamil Linguistic Minority.
2. Aided Colleges-Open Quota Seats (Merit) and seats reserved for Scheduled Castes & Scheduled Tribes.
3. Unaided Colleges & Self Financing Courses in Aided Colleges-50% of the total seats including the seats reserved for SC/ST/SEBC .
4. IHRD Self Financing Colleges-50% of the seats subject to the reservation rules of Government/University.
Mode of Registration is Online. Candidates should go through the prospectus for UG Centralised Admission Process available in the website (www.cuonline.ac.in) carefully, before entering the registration page.
The Online registration through Centralised Admission Process will be conducted in two stages .
Payment of fee through e-payment system (SBT online/SBT e–Chalan/Friends Janasevena kendram/Akshaya centres) and uploading of personal details with photo can be done in the first stage.
The second stage registration will commence only after the publication of results of Kerala HSE/VHSE Annual Examination 2015. Submission of the details and marks of the qualifying examinations and selection of course with college can be done in the second stage.
Online Registration Fee
- For General category candidates: Rs 250/-
- For SC/ST:Rs 100/-
Eligibility for Admission and Index of Marks
Candidates registering their options, should satisfy all the eligibility criteria with regard to the academic qualifications prescribed in the admission rules. Admission rules including rules for calculating index marks for admission to various courses will be published in the website before starting of the second stage of registration.
There will be Three allotments for Aided and Government Colleges and Two allotments for Un Aided Colleges. The unaided colleges will be allowed to fill up the vacant seats after Two allotments by themselves, but from the list provided by the University on the basis of merit and reservation. In the case of Aided and Governmnent colleges, further allotments if any, will be notified later, subject to the availability of vacancies.
After the allotment the prescribed Mandatory Fee due to the University as detailed below will have to be remitted by the candidate through e-payment with in the time prescribed to claim the allotment. The candidates failing to do so will loose his/her current allotment and they will be expelled from further allotments.
A) For General Category Rs 425/- as given below.
1. Sports affiliation fee: Rs.250/-
2. Matriculation fee: Rs.100/-
3. University Union fee: Rs.75/-
B) For SC/ST
A fee of Rs 100/- (Matriculation fee) only need to be remitted.
Calicut University CAP 2015-2016 Scheduled Dates
1. Basic Data Registration (personal) – 27/04/2015 to 12/05/2015
2. Personal Data Edit – 14/05/2015 to 18/05/2015
3. College with Course Registration – 20/05/2015 to 05/06/2015
4. First Trial Allotment – 12/06/2015
5. Option for Rearrangement and Corrections – 13/06/2015 to 16/06/2015
6. First Allotment – 19/06/2015
7. Payment of fee & Re arranging of Options – 20/06/2015 to 24/06/2015
8. Second Allotment – 29/06/2015
9. Payment of fee & Re arranging of Options – 30/06/2015 to 03/07/2015
10. Third Allotment – 08/07/2015
11. Fee Payment and Reporting for admissions – 09/07/2015 to 13/07/2015
12. Sports/Community Quota Admissions – 14/07/2015
13. Uploading of Data by Colleges – 09/07/2015 to 14/07/2015
14. Commencement of Class – 15/07/2015
The printout of the Online application and chalan /payment slips need not be sent to the University, but candidates are directed to keep the same with themselves and shall submit it to the colleges where he/she gets admission.
Important Downloads and Links
- UG Centralized Admission Process 2015 Notification: Download
- Prospectus for Admission to Under Graduate (UG) Programmes for the Academic Year 2015-2016 through Centralized Admission Process (CAP): Download
- Instruction for Online Application (English): Download
- Instruction for Online Application (Malayalam): Download