Current Affairs February 2015 PDF: Current Affairs February 2015 Questions and Answers, Current Affairs February 2015 Questions and Answers in PDF file for preparing PSC, SSC, UPSC, Civil Services, Bank, RRB and all Other Competitive Examinations in India.
1. Who was recently awarded with ‘The Asian of the Year 2014’ by the Straits Times?
Answer: Narendra Modi
2. Who recently released the first Adaptation Gap Report on Climate Change?
Answer: United Nations Environment Programme
3. Which was the most abundant mineral on earth’s lower mantle discovered recently by the American geologists?
4. Which are the places that will be connected by the China-Pakistan Economic corridor which was inaugurated by Nawaz Shareef on 29 November 2014?
Answer: Gwadar port in Pakistan and Xinjiang in China
5. Who won the 2014 Presidential elections of Uruguay?
Answer: Tabare Ramon Vazquez Rosas
6. Which was the company that Indian Navy selected to fulfill the service’s Multi Role Helicopter requirement for anti-submarine and anti-surface warfare among other maritime roles?
Answer: Sikorsky Aircraft Corp
7. Mahaparinirwan Diwas was observed in India on 6 December 2014. The Day is observed to pay tribute to whom?
Answer: Dr, B.R Ambedkar
8. Name the state that banned health camps without prior approval of district civil surgeons on 5 December 2014?
9. Who was appointed a Stanford Professor as an independent member on its Board of Directors by Infosys on 4 December 2014?
Answer: John W Etchemendy
10. Supreme Court constituted a Social Justice Bench, comprising of two judges for delivery of speedy justice. The bench will be headed by?
Answer: Justice Madan B Lokur
11. Name the Indian bank that launched two indices named Monthly Composite Index and Yearly Composite Index to track monthly and yearly economic trends?
Answer: State Bank of India
12. Name the web-based taxi service company that was recently banned from providing services in the National Capital?
13. India on 7 December 2014 set the Guinness Record for largest human formation of a national flag in the world. The previous record was held by which country?
14. Name the person who died recently and had developed the Brown Box console video game system?
Answer: Ralph Hanry Baer
15. Who won the Confucius peace prize 2014 recently which is also considered as Chinese Nobel Prize?
Answer: Fidel Alejandro Castro Ruz
16. Which country won the Hockey Champions Trophy for the Year 2014?
17. On 15 December 2014 who was appointed as the 16th Pakistan Ambassador to the United Nations?
Answer: Maleeha Lodhi
18. Rio 2016 Olympics and Paralympics Games mascot have been named as?
Answer: Vinicius and Tom
19. Name the winner of 2014 London Classic Chess title?
Answer: Viswanathan Anand
20. Name the Indian American who was appointed as the Federal Judge of District of Columbia?
Answer: Amit Priyavadan Mehta
21. Who was recently appointed as the first female bishop of the Church of England?
Answer: Reverend Libby Lane
22. India observed National Mathematics Day on 22 December 2014 to commemorate birth anniversary of which scientist?
Answer: Srinivasa Ramanujan
23. Name the country where first municipal elections were held in 60 years on 27 December 2014?
24. What is the name of India’s first exported warship to Mauritius on 20 December 2014?
Answer: CGS Barracuda
25. Who won the Tunisian Presidential elections of 2014?
Answer: Beji Caid Essebsi
26. Recently Nepal signed agreement with which country to expand the use of local currency for border trade?
27. Name the country which launched the construction of an inter-oceanic canal linking the Atlantic Ocean with the Pacific Ocean?
28. As revealed by Union Ministry of Law and Justice on 28 December 2014, how many states have ratified the National Judicial Appointments Commission Bill 2014?
29. Who was appointed as the first Chairman of Telangana State Public Service Commission on December 2104?
Answer: Ghanta Chakrapani
30. Name the person who was recently appointed as the new Director of Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI)?
Answer: Anil Kumar Sinha
31. Recently, second-generation asteroid explorer Hayabusa 2 was launched by which country?
32. Who was the person nominated as the next defence secretary of US by president barrack Obama?
Answer: Ashton Carter
33. Ebola fighters were collectively named as the TIME’s Person of the year 2104. Who was named as the TIME’s Person of the Year 2013?
Answer: Pope Francis
34. What is the rank of India in the 2013 Travel and Tourism Competitiveness Index released by World Economic Forum on December 2014?
35. The Competition Commission if India (CCI) approved the proposed 4 billion dollars merger of Ranbaxy with which Pharmaceutical company?
Answer: Sun Pharmaceutical
36. Which organization translated the Indian Constitution into Arabic language recently?
Answer: International Institute for Democracy and Electoral Assistance
37. Which Indian cricket commentator was recently appointed by Tourism Australia as brand ambassador?
Answer: Harsha Bhogle
38. Name the person who was recently appointed as the Director of Intelligence Bureau?
Answer: Dineshwar Sharma
39. What is the name of the world’s smallest hearing aid developed by an international team of researchers recently?
40. The first e-cabinet meeting was successfully conducted in which Indian state?
Answer: Andhra Pradesh
41. Who is appointed as the new Chairperson of National Woman Commission?
Answer: Lalitha Kumaramangalam
42. Who is the present Chief Justice of India?
Answer: Justice H.L Dattu
43. Who is appointed as the Chairman of Pension Fund Regulatory and Development Authority (PFRDA)?
Answer: Hemanth Contractor
44. Name the Central Government scheme of providing free mobile connection to 25 crore families in India?
Answer: Digital India
45. Which Indian got the Nobel Prize for Peace in 2014?
Answer: Kailash Sathyarthi
46. Who got Vayalar Award 2014 recently?
Answer: K.R Meera
47. Name the Australian writer who got Man Booker Prize 2014?
Answer: Richard Flanagan
48. Who is appointed as the new Vice Chancellor of Cochin University of Science and Technology (CUSAT)?
Answer: Dr. J Latha
49. Who is appointed as the Chairperson of Central Board of Direct Tax?
Answer: Anitha Kapoor
50. In which city in Pakistan did the Taliban militants attack a school and shot dead 132 children and 9 staff?
51. Vijay Diwas was observed on December 16 to mark India’s victory in which war?
Answer: Indo-Pak War 1971
52. Shinzo Abe was re-elected as the Prime Minister of which country?
53. The central Government decided to issue five year visa to the minority communities of which neighbouring countries?
Answer: Pakistan, Afghanistan and Bangladesh
54. ‘Moving Together as One’ was theme of which international day?
Answer: International Human Solidarity Day (20 December)
55. Which neighbouring country has become the associate member of the European organization for Nuclear Research (CERN)?
56. What is the interest rate of the provident Fund deposits of 2014-15?
Answer: 8.75 Percent.
57. Which two countries decided to restore their diplomatic relations after more than 50 years of hostility?
Answer: Cuba and the United States
58. Name the human crew module successfully test-fired along with GSLV Mark III?
Answer: CARE (Crew Module Atmospheric Re-entry Experiment)
59. Which British poet of Pakistani origin was awarded ‘Queens’s Gold Medal for Pottery 2104’?
Answer: Imtiaz Dharker
60. Name the first warship built by India for a foreign country?
Answer: CGS Barracuda
61. The Government of India decided to remove which section of Indian Penal Code, which related attempts to suicide as a criminal offence?
Answer: Section 309
62. In which region of Jammu and Kashmir was the New Year Festival, Loser celebrated?
63. Name the theme associated with the 2015 calendar, released by the Government of India?
Answer: Clean India Green India
64. Name the new scheme launched by the Government of India to conserve the heritage cities in the country?
Answer: National Heritage City Development and Augmentation Yojana (HRIDAY)
65. Who has been appointed as the Director General of the CRPF?
Answer: Prakash Mishra
66. Which American country launched the construction of a new canal connecting Atlantic Ocean and Pacific Ocean?
67. Who have recently been chosen for Bharat Ratna?
Answer: Atal Bihari Vajpayee and Madan Mohan Malaviya
68. Who was sworn in as the new Chief Minister of Jharkhand?
Answer: Raghubar Das
69. ‘Mission Indradhanush’, recently launched by the Government of India, aims to immunize children against how many diseases?
70. Which Bollywood actor was conferred Yash Chopra Memorial Award 2014?
Answer: Amitabh Bachchan
71. Which Indian has recently won her maiden ITF singles tennis title?
Answer: Ankita Raina
72. Mahendra Singh Dhoni, who retired from test cricket, holds the record of how many test match wins under his captaincy?
73. National Consumer Rights Day was observed on:
Answer: December 24
74. Name the mission launched by the Government of India with an outlay of Rs. 900 crore to address the issues related to teachers and teaching?
Answer: Madan Mohan Malavya National Mission on Teachers and Teaching
75. In which state did the National Democratic Front of Bodoland militants massacre more than eighty tribal people on December 23?
76. Where in Kannur is the first government run ‘Kala Gramam’ (Art Village) to be set up?
77. Name the newly established economic union involving Russia, Belarus, Kazakhatan, Armenia and Kyrgyztan?
Answer: Eurasian Economic Union
78. Which party got the highest number of seats in the Jammu and Kashmir Assembly elections?
Answer: People’s Democratic Party (PDP-28 seats)
79. Vijay Kelkar Committee, appointed by the Maharashtra Government, has recommended autonomous status for which region in the state?
80. The Government of India has directed the Railways to carry out detailed engineering survey of four strategic railway lines along India’s border with which neighbouring country?
81. Name the new Chairman of the Railway Board?
Answer: A.K Mittal
82. Who is the new chief of the Airports Authority of India?
Answer: R.K Srivastava
83. Where was the 102nd session of the Indian Science Congress held?
84. Who took over as the Chairman and Managing Director of Coal India?
Answer: Sutirtha Bhattacharya
85. Who has been selected as the ‘Business Person of the Year 2014’ by the Fortune Magazine?
Answer: Larry Page (CEO of Google)
86. The Government of India has recently set up which national institution, replacing the planning commission?
Answer: National Institution for Transforming India (NITI) Aayog
87. Name the newly elected President of the Indian Newspaper Society (INS)?
Answer: Kiran Bhai Vadodaria
88. Which country accepted Euro as its official currency on January 1, 2015, thereby becoming the 19th country to join Euro Zone?
89. Which lyricist and poet won the 2014 Odakkuzhal Award?
Answer: Rafeeq Ahammed. He was conferred the award for the anthology of poems, Rafeeq Ahammedinte Kavithakal.
90. Name the recently released movie, directed by Seth Rogen and Evan Goldberg, which tells the story of two journalists trying to assassinate the Supreme leader of North Korea?
Answer: The Interview
91. Which Indian American has been appointed as the Surgeon General of the United States?
Answer: Vivek Hallegeree Murthy
92. Who was crowned Miss World 2014, at the pageant held in London?
Answer: Rolene Strauss (South Africa)
93. Which Indian became the first ever Miss Universal Peace and Humanity, at the event held in Lebanon?
Answer: Ruhi Singh
94. Where was the 2014 World Diamond Conference held?
95. The newly launched Indian Airlines in a Joint Venture from Jan 9, 2015 between TATA SONS and Singapore Airlines is called:
96. Name the newly appointed Chairman of ISRO?
Answer: Dr. A.S Kiran Kumar
97. Who has been named as the “Governor of the Year” in the Central Banking Awards for 2015 by a British Magazine for his deep understanding of the root causes of economic problems of the country combined with an impressive leadership style?
Answer: Raghuram Rajan
98. Who has been appointed as the new Ambassador of US in India?
Answer: Richard Verma
99. Who is the new Chief Election Commissioner of India?
Answer: Hari Shankar Brahma
100. National Games Mascot 2015 held in Kerala has its Mascot in Great Hornbill named Ammu? What was the mascot of the National Games in Jharkhand in 2011?
Answer: Chhaua the deer
101. Which Indian RTI activist won the 2015 Giraffe Hero Award?
Answer: Subhash Chandra Agrawal
102. Who has been appointed head coach of the Indian Football team?
Answer: Stephen Constantine
103. Who hit the fastest century in One Day Internationals?
Answer: AB de Villiers (South Africa)
104. Who has been named International Hockey Federation (FIH) Player of the Year 2014, in the men’s category?
Answer: Mark Knowles (Australia)
105. Who resigned recently as the Chairperson of the Central Board of Film Certification?
Answer: Leela Samson
106. Which eminent Indian American entrepreneur and philanthropist was presented with the martin Luther King Award?
Answer: Frank Islam
107. Which organization has recently lifted the ban on the import of mangoes from India?
Answer: European Union
108. Which Tiger reserve in India won the National Tiger Conservation Authority (NTCA) biennial award, for encouraging local participation in managing the reserve?
Answer: Periyar Tiger Reserve
109. Which Space Mission won the 2015 Space Pioneer Award of the U.S based National Space Society?
110. Who was chosen for the 2014-15 Vikram Sarabhai Memorial Award, instituted by the Indian Science Congress Association?
Answer: MYS Prasad
111. Giorgio Napolitano recently resigned as the President of which country?
112. Army Day was observed in India on:
Answer: January 15
113. Which Indian open water swimmer created world record by swimming 1.4 miles in 52 minutes in one degree temperature in the Antarctic Ocean?
Answer: Bhakti Sharma
114. Which Indo-American pair won the women’s double’s title at the Sidney International Tennis Tournament?
Answer: Sania Mirza and Bethanie Mattek-Sands
115. Name the indigenously built Light Combat Aircraft (LCA), recently handed over to the Indian Air Force?
116. Where was the World Future Energy Summit held?
Answer: Abu Dhabi
117. Who won the 2014 Sahitya Akademi Award for Sanskrit, for his collection of 16 short stories, Kanakalochana?
Answer: Prabhu Nath Dwivedi
118. Name the world’s newest jetliner, manufactured by Airbus Company, which had its first commercial flight in January?
Answer: Airbus A350
119. Anupam Shrivastava has been appointed Chairman and Managing Director of which public sector company?
120. The Government of India honoured which renowned industrialist by releasing commemorative coins to mark his 175th birth anniversary?
Answer: Jamshetji Nusserwanji Tata
121. Who won the first Dakshinamoorthy award announced recently?
Answer: S. Janaki
122. Who has written the controversial dramatized biography of Sonia Gandhi The Red Sari which was released recently?
Answer: Javier Moro
123. Who was appointed as the Chairman of Central Board of Film Certification (CBFC) recently?
Answer: Pahalaj Nihlani
124. Who will become the longest serving Chief Minister of the country after completing his tenure surpassing the record of Jyoti Basu who has held the office for 23 years?
Answer: Pawan Chamling (Chief Minister of Sikkim)
125. Venue of the 27th Kerala Science Congress held from Jan 27th to Jan 30th?