Current Affairs December 2014 Questions and Answers, Current Affairs December 2014 Questions and Answers in PDF file for preparing PSC, SSC, UPSC, Civil Services, Bank, RRB and all Other Competitive Examinations in India.
1. The BCCI has extended the tenure of which former cricketer as the Director of Indian Cricket team till the end of the 2015 World Cup?
Answer: Ravi Shastri
2. Name the chief minister of Maharashtra who resigned recently?
Answer: Prithviraj Chavan
3. India has decided to contribute how much amount to the United Nations to fight the deadly Ebola virus in Africa?
Answer: 12 Million US Dollars
4. Which Indian bank has signed a Line of Credit (LoC) of 500 million US dollar with Export-Import Bank of Korea (Korea Eximbank)?
Answer: State Bank of India
5. Which two organizations entered into a deal to hand over the civil administration of Gaza to the Palestinian government led by President Mahmoud Abbas?
Answer: Hamas and Fatah
6. Name the scheme launched by the Government of India for uplift of urban and rural poor through enhancement of livelihood opportunities through skill development and other means?
Answer: Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Antyodaya Yojana (DAY)
7. Who tops the list of the 100 Richest Indians 2014 released by the Forbes Magazine?
Answer: Mukesh Ambani
8. The Union Cabinet has given its approval for the recent agreement made with which neighboring country on ‘Electric Power Trade, Cross-Border Transmission Interconnection and Grid Connectivity’?
9. Which two cricketers have recently been selected as Bradman Honorees?
Answer: Sachin Tendulkar and Steve Waugh
10. Which human rights activist from Pakistan won this year’s Right Livelihood Award?
Answer: Asma Jahangir
11. The Ministry of Environment and Forests has accorded coastal regulation zone clearance for building the Indian part of which submarine cable system connecting Oman, UAE, India, Sri Lanka and Malaysia?
Answer: Bay of Bengal Gateway
12. The Government of India has declared September 25 as …………….?
Answer: Antyodaya Divas
13. The Supreme Court has cancelled the allocation of how many coal blocks allocated to various companies since 1993?
14. Name the newly launched campaign by the Government of India aiming at attracting foreign companies to set up their manufacturing units in India?
Answer: Make India
15. Who has been appointed as the Head Coach of the Sri Lankan cricket team?
Answer: Marvan Atappattu
16. Which World Bank institution has issued ‘Maharaja Bond’ to raise funds to be used to invest in infrastructure projects in India?
Answer: International Finance Corporation (IFC)
17. Who heads the panel appointed by the Government of India to suggest measures to reorganize the Railway Board and its Departments?
Answer: Bibek Debroy
18. Which committee, appointed by the Reserve Bank of India submitted its report on Capacity Building in banks and non-banks?
Answer: Gopalakrishna Committee
19. Which veteran cricket historian and statistician who had collected the details of India’s test matches since the first test in 1932, passed away recently?
Answer: Anandiji Dossa
20. International Day for the Total Elimination of Nuclear Weapons was observed on ……………?
Answer: September 26
21. Which Indian zoo won the International Earth Heroes Award this year?
Answer: Darjeeling Zoo
22. Which cricket team won this year’s Duleep Trophy?
Answer: Central Zone
23. The term of the 14th Finance Commission has been extended to which date?
Answer: December 31, 2014
24. Who was sworn in as the Chief Minister of Maharashtra?
Answer: Devendra Fadnavis
25. Which country became the first European Union country to recognize the state of Palestine?
26. What is the theme of the 18th SAARC summit?
Answer: Deep Integration for Peace, Progress and Prosperity
27. International Internet Day was observed on:
Answer: October 29
28. World polio Day was observed on:
Answer: October 24
29. Name the newly released novel authored by Chetan Bhagat?
Answer: Half Girlfriend
30. Who has been appointed as the Chairman of India Council for Cultural Relations?
Answer: Lokesh Chandra
31. Name the Cargo rocket, carrying supplies to the International Space Station, which exploded after launch?
32. The Indian Navy commemorated the 1000th anniversary of the coronation of which ancient king?
Answer: Rajendra Chola
33. Which Indian received Japan’s top national award, The Grand Cordon of the Order of the Paulownia Flowers?
Answer: Dr. Manmohan Singh
34. What was the name of the recent joint military exercise held between India and Sri Lanka?
Answer: Mithra Shakthi
35. Name the place in Karnataka where Harappan era drawings were recently found in Gondi dialect.
36.International Day to End Impunity for Crimes against journalists was observed on:
Answer: November 2
37. Who has been appointed as the first woman chief of the European Organisation for Nuclear Research (CERN)?
Answer: Fabiola Gianotti
38. Which Indian received the President’s Award by the International Hockey Federation (IHF)?
Answer: Narinder Batra
39. Where was this year’s International Counter-Piracy Conference held?
40. Who has been appointed as the Union Finance Secretary?
Answer: Rajiv Mehrishi
41. Name the famous English clarinet player, who is mostly known for ‘Stranger on the Shore’, passed away on November 2?
Answer: Acker Bilk
42. India has been re-elected as the member of which principal organ of the United Nations?
Answer: Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC)
43. Jawahar Sircar, the CEO of Prasar Bharti, has been elected as the Vice President of which international association of broadcasting associations?
Answer: Asia Pacific Broadcasting Union (ABU)
44. Name the autobiography written by Sachin Tendulkar?
Answer: Playing it My Way
45. Who has been appointed as the Chirman of National Authority for Chemical Weapn Convention?
Answer: G. S Sandhu
46. National Cancer Awareness Day was observed on:
Answer: November 7
47. Who is appointed as the chairperson of the Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT)?
Answer: Anita Kapur
48. National Education Day was observed on ……………?
Answer: November 11
49. Which Indian has been appointed member of the United Nations probe panel on Gaza?
Answer: K. C Reddy
50. Where was the 2014 World Ayurveda Congress held?
Answer: New Delhi
51. Who tops the list of the ‘World’s Most Powerful People’ released by Forbes?
Answer: Vladimir Putin
52. Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam has recently been conferred the title of Honorary Professor by which Chinese University?
Answer: Peking University
53. Who has been named as Captain of the ICC Test team of the Year 2014?
Answer: Angelo Mathews
54. Which Indian cricketer is the winner of the 2014 LG ICC People’s Choice Award?
Answer: Bhuvaneshwar Kumar
55. Who is the new Chief Minister of Goa?
Answer: Laxmikant Parsekar
56. Which Bangladeshi cricketer has become the third player in the world to take 10 wickets and 100 runs in a test match?
Answer: Shakib Al Hasan
57. Which Indian has become the quickest batsman to reach 6000 runs in One Day Internationals?
Answer: Virat Kohli
58. The wreckage of which Chinese warship that sank in 1984, was discovered in Yellow Sea recently?
59. How many new cabinet ministers have been inducted into the Union Ministry?
60. World Science Day for Peace and Development was observed on:
Answer: November 10
61. Which day was observed as the International Day for preventing the Exploitation of the Environment in War and Armed Conflict?
Answer: November 6
62. Which person of Indian Origin was elected as the President of the International Society of Radiographers and Radiological Technologists (ISRRT)?
Answer: Dr. Fawzia Peer
63. Who has been appointed as the new Financial Services Secretary?
Answer: Hasmukh Adhia
64. The India-China Joint Military Exercise held in Pune was named ……………..?
Answer: Hand-in-Hand 2014
65. The 2014 G20 Summit was held in which city?
Answer: Brisbane (Australia)
66. Who won this year’s ATP World Tour Finals?
Answer: Novak Djokovic
67. What is the new tagline of Doordarshan?
Answer: Desh ka Apna Channel
68. World Pneumonia Day was observed on ……………….?
Answer: November 12
69. Which filmmaker and director of the television serial Mahabharat, passed away on 12 November?
Answer: Ravi Chopra
70. Which Indian is among the five cricketers selected as the ambassadors for the ICC World Cup Cricket 2015?
Answer: Virat Kohli
71. Which is named by the Oxford Dictionaries as the Word of the Year 2014?
Answer: Vape [The word means to inhale and exhale the vapour produced by an electronic cigarette or similar device]
72. Which two Indian shuttlers have recently won the China Open Super Series Premier Badminton Tournament?
Answer: Saina Nehwal and Kidambi Srikanth
73. The newly announced Newton-Bhabha Fund is an initiate to scale up bilateral research and innovation between India and which country?
Answer: United Kingdom
74. Name the World No.1 badminton player who has been suspended by the Badminton World Federation for violation of anti-doping regulation.
Answer: Lee Chong Wei (Malaysia)
75. The Supreme Court of which neighboring country has been given nod to its current head of state to contest election for third term?
Answer: Sri Lanka
76. Which Indian cricketer created world record by scoring 264 runs in a one day international match?
Answer: Rohit Sharma
77. National Bal Swachhta Mission was launched by the Government of India to mark whose 125th birth anniversary?
Answer: Jawaharlal Nehru
78. Which Indian has been inducted on the board of Interpol Foundation?
Answer: Ratan Tata
79. Which Bollywood actor has recently been appointed as UN Women’s Goodwill Ambassador for South Asia?
Answer: Farhan Akhtar
80. What is the new timing of the question hour in Rajya Sabha?
Answer: 11 am to 12 noon.
81. Klaus Johannes has been elected president of which European country?
82. Which robotic lander achieved a controlled touchdown on the comet 67p/Churyumov-Gerasimenko?
83. World Diabetes Day was observed on:
Answer: November 14