SSC/PSC Exam Model Questions and Answers for preparing SSC [Staff Selection Commission], Public Service Commission [PSC] Examinations for various posts in India and Kerala.
Part A: English Comprehension
Directions: In Question No. 1-2 sentences are given with blanks to the filled in with an appropriate word. Four alternatives are suggested for the questions.
1. If you had followed the rules, you ……………. disqualified.
(a) Will not be
(b) Would not be
(c) Will not have been
(d) Would not have been
2. The housewife ………… the cakes burning and ran to switch off the oven.
Directions: In Question No. 3 & 4 out of four alternatives choose the one which best express the meaning of the given word.
Directions: in Question No. 5 & 6 out of four alternatives choose the word opposite in the meaning to the given word.
Directions: in Question No. 7 & 8 out of four alternatives are given for the meaning of idiom/phrase. Choose the alternative which best express the meaning of the idiom/phrase.
7. To be all at sea
(a) A family voyage
(b) Lost and confused
(c) In the middle of the ocean
(d) A string of islands
8. To take to ones heels
(a) To walk slowly
(b) To run away
(c) To march forward
(d) To ho and jump
Directions: In Question No: 9 & 10 four words are given in each question, out of which only one word is correctly spelt. Find the correctly spelt word.
9. a) Malaign
10. a) Harrassment
Part B: General Intelligence and Reasoning
Directions: In Question No. 11 & 12 select related words/letters/numbers from the given alternatives.
Directions: In Question No.13 & 14 Find the odd numbers/letters/figure/number pair from the given alternatives.
13. a) 162
14. a) Flute
Directions: In Question No. 15 & 16, a series is given, with one term missing. Choose the correct alternative from the given ones that will complete.
17. From the given alternative words, select the word which cannot be formed using the letters of given word: ‘CONCENTRATION’
18. If a man moped starts from a point and rides 4km south, then turns left and rides 2km to turn again to the right to ride 4km more, towards which direction is he moving.
1. D 2. C 3. A 4. A 5. A
6. A 7. B 8. B 9. B 10. C
11. B 12. C 13. D 14. A 15. C
16. A 17. D 18. D