Central Teacher Eligibility Test (CTET) Model Questions and Answers for Environmental Studies Examination.
Paper I: Environmental Studies
1. Which place is called as ‘Little Tibet’?
2. Which of the following state is not included in sharing Kaveri Water?
3. The study of flowers is called?
4. World Animal Day is on:
(a) August 3
(b) November 16
(c) October 3
(d) October 16
5. It is an animal. It spends almost 17 hours a day sleeping, while hanging upside down on a tree branch. It eats leaves. It lives for about 40 years and in that time they move around only eight trees. Which animal is referred here?
6. ‘Pashmina shawl’ is as warm as ………….. sweaters?
7. Nepenthes, Droceira, Utricularia are insect eating plants. Nepenthase is found in one of the north eastern state in India. Which state?
(a) Arunachal Pradesh
8. Which historian mentioned about the ponds and ‘chabutaras’ (raised platforms) all around the lake in ancient India?
(b) Ibn bathutha
9. ‘Dongas’ are particular type of houses. In which place we can see ‘Dongas’?
10. Which of the following statement is incorrect about mammals?
(a) They have hair on their body
(b) They have ears that can see outside
(c) They don’t have hair on their body
(d) These animals give birth to the young ones
11. Which among the following is a disease infected by a protozoa?
(b) Dengue Fever
(c) Chikun Gunia
(d) Yellow Fever
12. ‘Madhubani’ is very old form of folkart. These paintings are made out of:
(a) Powdered stones and oil paints
(b) Powdered rice and colour from flowers and trees.
(c) Powdered stones and colours from flowers and trees.
(d) None of these
13. It has very few leaves. It’s root go deep into the ground till they reach water. People collect drinking water from it’s trunk. It is found in Australia.
These are the features of …………….. tree.
(a) Bottle tree
(b) Olive tree
(c) Desert Oak
14. Which of the spice containing high protein?
(a) Cumin seed
(c) Fenu greek
15. Which vitamin is seen only in plant sources?
(a) Vitamin A
(b) Vitamin C
(c) Vitamin B12
(d) Vitamin K
16. Jacobson organ is related with:
17. Who is called father of immunology?
(a) Edward Jenner
(b) Charles Darvin
(d) Griger Mendal
18. Which is the most abundant metal in human body?
19. The raindrops seen to be spherical shape due to ………….
(b) Surface tension
20. The Process by which heat is transferred from the hotter end to the colder end of an object is known as:
21. One of the following statement is not agree with the children learn at primary level?
(a) Children learn better through experimentation
(b) Children learn better through experience
(c) Children learn more through exploration
(d) Children learn in a linear way
22. Who is the inventor of Micro teaching?
(a) Skinner Allen
(b) John Dewy
(c) Duit Allen
23. ‘How we think’ who is the author of this book?
(b) John Dewy
24. ‘Objects first then words’ this principle is introduced by:
(a) Spier men
25. Who introduced ‘Inductive thinking model’?
(a) David Osben
(b) Alfred Binet
(c) Stephen M. Kori
26. This method of teaching science emphasis on enquiry and investigation. This method tries to develop the creative instincts and the spirit of enquiry among the students. Which method is referred here?
(a) Heuristic method
(b) Project method
(c) Assignment method
(d) Discussion method
27. Which of the following is not a function of evaluation?
(a) To evaluate the student’s achievements.
(b) TO analyze the weak point of the students.
(c) To stimulate the students to put an effort.
(d) None of these.
28. Which among the following is not an observational technique?
(a) Rating scale
(b) Aptitude Test
(c) Anecdotal records
(d) Check lists
29. Which among the following is the objective of Environmental studies?
(a) Observes keenly the thing and processes around him.
(b) Collect evidence and records them.
(c) Analyzes data, evidences, classifies and compares them in a given order.
(d) All of the above.
30. ‘Our education has got to be revolutionized. The brain must be educated through hands. Those who do not train hands, and go through the ordinary suit of education, lack music in their life.’ Who said this?
(a) Dr. S. Radhakrishnan
(b) Mahathma Gandhi
(c) Rabeendra Nath Tagore
1. a 2. c 3. b 4. c 5.b
6.c 7.b 8.a 9.a 10.c
11.a 12.b 13.c 14.c 15.b
16.a 17.a 18.c 19.b 20.b
21.a 22.c 23.b 24.b 25.d
26.b 27.d 28.b 29.d 30. b