Kerala University PG Admission 2014. Kerala University invited applications for admission to Post Graduate (PG) Degree Courses in Govt/Aided/Self Financing Arts and Science Colleges affiliated to the University Of Kerala for the academic year 2014 – 2015. Admissions to the seats to be filled by the University for the PG courses are regulated on the basis of grade/marks obtained in the qualifying examination through a Centralized Allotment Process (PGCAP-2014).
1. All candidates who wish to apply for PG Programme (irrespective of Category) should strictly register online.
2. Those who wish to apply for admission under Community quota should compulsorily enter the College in which they wish to be considered for community seats while adding their College Option. If such candidates could not get allotment in the general merit seats, they can take the hard copy of the Acknowledgement and submit it to the respective Colleges, in which they wish to be considered under Community quota seats during the prescribed time.
3. The candidates who are applying for Sports Quota should specifically mention the same during the Online Registration. They are also considered for General merit seats. Such candidates should take the hard copy of the application and submit it to the respective Colleges where they wish to be considered under Sports Quota along with the attested copies of the supporting documents.
4. The candidates who come under the PWD (Persons With Disability) quota should specifically mention the same at the time of online registration.
5. The candidates applying for Management quota seats / Special reservation Nominees, should register online before the closure of admission.
ELIGIBILITY FOR ADMISSION
Nativity: Candidate should be an Indian citizen. Candidates seeking admission to PG courses will be categorized as Keralite and Non-Keralite.
Candidates should have passed the corresponding Degree examination under the 10+2+3 pattern with Core Course and Complementary Course/with one main subject and two subsidiary subjects from any of the Universities in Kerala or of any other University recognized by the University of Kerala as equivalent thereto for admission, subject to the stipulation regarding grade/marks.
Read more details regarding the Eligibility Criteria from the Prospectus: http://www.admissions.keralauniversity.ac.in/pg296/prospectus.pdf.
HOW TO APPLY
Candidates have to apply online for admission to various P.G Degree Courses in affiliated colleges and UIT of the University through a single registration at the designated website at http://www.admissions.keralauniversity.ac.in/pg296/. After completion of the online registration, the candidate should take the print out of the same and forward it, with the copy of supporting documents and mark lists (self-attested) to The Joint Registrar (in-charge of Online Admissions), Ac. H Section, University of Kerala, Palayam, Trivandrum-695 034 by Ordinary or Speed post or in Person, on or before the last date notified by the University.
Enclosures to be submitted with the copy of the print out of Application
1. The original pay in Slip (University’s Copy).
2. Self-attested copy of the relevant page of S.S.L.C or equivalent Certificate to prove date of birth.
3. Self attested copies of all parts/semesters of degree examination and Degree/Provisional Certificate.
4. Self attested copy of Medical Certificate, obtained not earlier than 12 months prior to the last date of submission of application from the District Medical Board in the case of “Persons with Disabilities” [PWD].
5. Self attested copy of Community Certificate /Income Certificate obtained from revenue authority, if claiming seats reserved under SEBC quota.
6. Self attested copy of Community Certificate obtained from revenue authority, not earlier than six (6) months prior to the last date of submission, if claiming seats reserved under SC/ST quota.
7. Self attested copy of the BPL Certificate obtained from the competent authority, if claiming seats reserved under BPL category.
The Registration Fee will be as follows:
a. For General candidates: Rs.300 /-
b. For SC/ST candidates : Rs.150 /-
The Registration Fee is to be remitted to the A/C No. 67153233669 in any branch of State Bank of Travancore using the special Chalan of Kerala University available in the ‘download Chalan’ link in the website www.admissions.keralauniversity.ac.in. The original pay-in-slip (University’s Copy) from the bank should be submitted along with the application and other documents mentioned above to the University.
Submission of Application
The candidates have to go through the mandatory steps given below for the successful submission of online application:
1. Register your name in the website by providing some basic information and photograph.
2. Download the chalan from the candidate’s page ‘MyHome’. Remit the Registration Fee mentioned in the chalan in any branch of SBT.
3. Log onto the candidates page by providing application number and password (date of birth will be the default password).
4.Online Registration of Personal and Academic data as well as option for courses and colleges.
5. Download the application from the candidates page ‘My Home’. Submission of duly signed print out of application with all necessary supporting documents to the University within the notified time.
The candidates, registering their options, should satisfy all the eligibility conditions with regard to nativity and academic qualifications stated in the Prospectus. The allotment to courses, which do not satisfy the eligibility conditions, will be cancelled at the time of admission. In such cases the candidature of the applicant will be cancelled without any further intimation. For more details of ‘How to register options’ refer the Prospectus.
Also read Frequently Asked Questions for the better understanding of the admission procedures: http://www.admissions.keralauniversity.ac.in/pg296/help.php.