Current Affairs June 2014 Questions and Answers, Current Affairs June 2014 Questions and Answers in PDF file for preparing PSC, SSC, UPSC, Civil Services, Bank, RRB and all Other Competitive Examinations in India.
1. Former IAF chief, Norman Anil Kumar Browne has recently been appointed as India’s ambassador to which country?
2. What is the name of the HAL (Hindustan Aeronautical Limited) made Dornier light-weight aircraft, handed over to Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO)?
3. Who won UNESCO/Guillermo Cano World Press Freedom Prize 2014?
Answer: Ahmet Sik
4. What is the name given to India’s first indigenously developed beyond visual-range air-to-air missile?
5. International Workers Day was observed on:
Answer: May 1
6. Sania Mirza won the women’s doubles title at the WTA Portugal Open, along with which Zimbabwean player?
Answer: Cara Black
7. World’s highest tunnel for high speed train has been opened in which country?
8. Which Indian shooter has reached the third spot in International Shooting Sport Federation ranking in the men’s trap shooting?
Answer: Manavjit Singh Sandhu
9. Which African country has purchased 3,400 India made Electronic Voting Machines (EVMs) for use in the Presidential Election there?
10. Who heads the Special investigation Team (SIT), reconstituted by the Supreme Court to probe into cases related to black money?
Answer: Justice M.B Shah
11. Alan Mulally who has recently announced his retirement, is currently the CEO of which automobile company?
12. In which state is the Rakhigarhi village situated, where a granary built during the Harappan was discovered recently?
13. India reached the no.1 position in the ICC Twenty 20 ranking on May 1, replacing which country?
14. Which Academy award winning Hollywood actor stepped down as the UN ‘Messenger for Peace’ after 6 years in position?
Answer: George Clooney
15. Juan Carlos Varela has won the presidential election in which North American country?
16. Which American economist and Nobel Prize winner of 1992 passed away on May 3?
Answer: Gary Becker
17. Around 2700 people were killed in the landslides that took place in which neighbouring country?
18. Which terrorist organization has kidnapped approximately 276 female students from a secondary school in Chibook, a town in Nigeria?
Answer: Boko Haram
19. Alenka Bratusek, who resigned from her post recently, was the Prime Minister of which European country?
20. Who won the World Snooker Championship 2014?
Answer: Mark Selby
21. Who has become the first woman to command a UN Peace Keeping Force?
Answer: Kristin Lund (Norway)
22. Who has been appointed as India’s new Army Chief?
Answer: Lieutenant General Dalbir Singh Suhag.
23. Dr. Sudhamani Amma S and Sharmila K from Kerala have been conferred which award by the President of India recently?
Answer: National Florence Nightingale Awards 2014.
24. Which Tennis player won the men’s singles title in the Madrid Open?
Answer: Rafael Nadal
25. Who has been crowned World Snooker Player of the Year?
Answer: Ronnie O’Sullivan
26. What is the name of the newly launched indigenous card payment network?
27. Which former Prime Minister of Israel has been sentenced to imprisonment in corruption case?
Answer: Ehud Olmert
28. International Nurses Day was observed on:
Answer: May 12
29. National Technology Day was observed on:
Answer: May 11
30. Who has been named captain of the West Indies test Cricket Team?
Answer: Danesh Ramdin
31. What is the name of the book released by the Indian Railway which tells the history of Indian Railways starting from 1853 to the present day?
Answer: India Junction- A Window to the Nation.
32. In which country is Soma located, where an explosion in an underground coal mine has killed more than 270 workers?
33. Which party won majority in the South African General Elections?
Answer: African National Congress
34. The city of Homes, recently captured by the government forces after three years of rebel occupation, is situated in which country?
35. The Prime Minister of Thailand who has been removed from office by the Constitutional Court of Thailand?
Answer: Yingluck Shinawatra
36. Which two days have jointly been observed as World Migratory Bird Day in 2014?
Answer: May 10-11
37. The two Indian journalists, Snehesh Alex Philip (Press Trust of India) and Meena Menon (The Hindu) have been expelled by which neighbouring country?
38. Who lead the official Indian delegation to the 67th Cannes International Film Festival?
Answer: Kamal Hassan
39. What is the name of the world’s first all electric plane that successfully completed its flight recently in Bordeaux, France?
40. The founder of Leela Group Hotels who passed away on May 17?
Answer: C.P Krishnan Nair
41. Who resigned as the Chief Minister of Bihar recently?
Answer: Nitish Kumar.
42. The Government of India has extended the ban on which militant organization for another five years, on May 14?
Answer: Liberation Tigers of Tamil Eelam (LTTE)
43. Which former Zimbabwe cricketer has been appointed as Pakistan’s batting coach?
Answer: Grant Flower
44. Who has been appointed as the Chairman of Central Water Commission?
Answer: A.B Pandya
45. Who won the men’s singles in the Italian Open Tennis?
Answer: Novak Djokovic
46. Who has been sworn in as the Chief Minister of Arunachal Pradesh?
Answer: Nabam Tuki
47. Which three time Formula One world champion passed away on May 19?
Answer: Jack Brabham
48. International Museum Day was celebrated on:
Answer: May 18
49. Which Latin American country released two postage stamps to pay tribute to the 100 years of Indian Cinema?
50. World Telecommunication and Information Society Day was observed on:
Answer: May 17
51. Who replaced Tiger Woods the world’s No.1 ranked Golf player?
Answer: Adam Scott
52. Anti terrorism Day was observed across the country on:
Answer: May 21
53. Which monument in Gujarat is to be digitally recreated in Scotland, United Kingdom under the project called ‘Scottish Ten’?
Answer: Rani Ki Vav (The Queen’s Stepwell)
54. Which project under the Government of India won the United Nations Public Service Award 2014?
Answer: Mobile Seva
55. The World Anti Doping Agency (WADA) has added which two noble gases in the list of banned substances?
Answer: Xenon and Argon
56. Who has recently been appointed as the Vice President and Auditor General of the World Bank?
Answer: Hiroshi Naka
57. Who was sworn in as the new Chief Minister of Nagaland?
Answer: T.R Zeliang
58. Who was newly appointed as the Chief Information Commissioner (CIC)?
Answer: Rajiv Mathur
59. Who was sworn in as the new Chief Minister of Gujaraj?
Answer: Anandiben Patel
60. Who was sworn in as the Chief Minister of Sikkim for the fifth time?
Answer: Pawan Kumar Chamling
61. ‘SIMBEX 14’ was the name given to the combined naval drill conducted in Andaman Sea by India and ……………?
62. Which Indian online retail firm has recently acquired the fashion retailer Myntra.com?
63. Which film has won the Palme d’Or (Golden Palm) in the recently held Cannes International Film Festival?
Answer: Winter Sleep
64. Which country won the Thomas Cup badminton championship 2014?
65. Which club won the UEFA Champions League Football title?
Answer: Real Madrid
66. Which Indian has become the youngest female climber to reach the peak of Mount Everest?
Answer: Malavath Poorna (13 Years)
67. Petro Poroshenko has been elected as the President of which country?
68. Ahmed Maitiq was sworn in as the new Prime Minister of which African country?
69. Dalia Grybauskaite has won the Presidential election in which North European country?
70. Who is the current Union Minister for Human Resource Development?
Answer: Smriti Irani
71. Who was sworn in as the External Affairs Minister of India?
Answer: Sushma Swaraj
72. Which Union Minister is in charge of Finance, Corporate Affairs and Defence?
Answer: Arun Jaitley
73. Who is the new Union Railway Minister of India?
Answer: D.V Sadananda Gowda
74. What is the portfolio allocated to the Union Minister Rajnath Singh?
Answer: Home Affairs
75. How many women are in the new council of ministers?
76. Who is elected as the 10th president of Israel?
Answer: Reuven Rivlin
77. Which state becomes India’s 29th State recently?
Answer: Telangana became the 29th State of India with Hyderabad as its capital on 2nd June 2014.
78. Who is selected for the prestigious Jnanpith Award 2013?
Answer: Kedar Nath Singh (Hindi Poet)
Download List of Jnanpith Award Recipients up to 2014 [PDF] from here: http://www.keralapscblog.com/2013/03/list-of-jnanpith-award-recipients-in.html.
79. Which team won the IPL 2014 Title?
Answer: Kolkata Knight Riders
80. Which country won women’s Hockey World Cup 2014?
81. Who is elected as the Speaker of 16th Lok Sabha?
Answer: Sumitra Mahajan
82. Who is sworn in as the Solicitor General of India?
Answer: Ranjit Kumar
83. Who took charge as the new Attorney General (AG) of India?
Answer: Mukul Rohatgi
84. World Blood Donor Day was observed across the world on:
Answer: 14th June 2014
85. World Day against Child Labour was observed across the world on:
Answer: 12th June 2014
86. Who became the first Indian to be honoured with the prestigious Harvard Medal?
Answer: Anand G Mahindra
87. World Environment Day 2014 observed on:
Answer: June 5 was celebrated as the World Environment Day (WED) across the globe with an emphasis for global awareness on taking action to protect the environment.
WED 2014 theme and Official Slogan
Theme: Small Islands and Climate Change.
Official slogan: “Raise Your Voice Not The Sea Level.”
Read more about World Environment Day 2014 from here: http://www.keralapscblog.com/2014/06/world-environment-day-2014.html.
88. Who has been sworn in as the first Chief Minister of the residuary state of Andhra Pradesh?
Answer: Nara Chandrababu Naidu
89. Who is sworn in as the President of Ukraine?
Answer: Petro Poroshenko
90. Who has been chosen for the World Food Prize 2014?
Answer: Sanjaya Rajaram, an Indian born plant scientist.