Kerala PSC Repeated Questions - Part 18
Kerala PSC asked these ‘Historically Important Places’ related questions more than ten times.
Historically Important Places
- Mount Blanc: It is the highest mountain peak in Europe in the Alps on the confines of Italy and France.
- Yellow Sea: It is a sea between China and Korea.
- Lumbini: It is the birthplace of Buddha in Nepal.
- Kremlin: It is in Moscow. It is the headquarters of Russia.
- Pearl Harbour: US naval base in Hawai Island. The Japanese attack of this brought them into the second world war.
- Pentagon: It is in Washington. It is the defence head-quarters of USA.
- Pisa: It is in Italy, well known for its leaning tower.
- Victoria Falls: It is on river Zambezi in Central Africa. It is 1,700 metres wide.
- Potala: It is in Lhasa, the capital of Tibet. Dalai Lama’s palace is situated here.
- Monte Carlo: It is in France, famous for the luxurious resorts and world-renowned car rally.
- Great Wall of China: 2,400 km long wall constructed by the Chinese Emperor Shih Hwang Ti.