Current Affairs January 2014 Questions and answers in PDF.
Current Affairs January 2014 Questions and Answers for preparing PSC | SSC | UPSC | Civil Services | Bank | RRB and all other Competitive Examinations.
1. Which former Bihar Chief Minister was sentenced to five years imprisonment in the fodder scam case?
Answer: Lalu Prasad Yadav
2. Which organization won the Nobel Prize for Peace 2013?
Answer: Organization for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons
3. Who won the FIDE World Chess Championship 2013?
Answer: Magnus Carlsen
4. What is the name of the official match ball of FIFA World Cup 2014 to be held in Brazil?
5. Who was selected for the Indira Gandhi Award for National Integration 2013?
Answer: M.S Swaminathan
6. Where was the first branch of the Bharatiya Mahila Bank inaugurated?
7. Who is the current chairman of the Indian Premier League?
Answer: Ranjib Biswal
8. …………. was named as the ‘Word of the Year 2013’ by the Oxford English Dictionary?
9. Who won the Miss Universe 2013 title?
Answer: Gabriela Isler
10. The first ‘customized pin code’ in the country was allotted to …………?
Answer: Supreme Court
11. Who has been named UNICEF’s brand ambassador for South Asia?
Answer: Sachin Tendulkar
12. …………….. has been declared as the first district in India with ‘Zero landless citizens’?
13. Which Indian playback singer and recipient of Dadasaheb Phalke award 2007 passed away recently?
Answer: Manna Dey
14. MAVEN, the Mars expedition spacecraft has been launched by:
15. Where was the Commonwealth Summit 2013 held?
16. The new President of the Maldives?
Answer: Abdulla Yameen
17. Which scientist who had been the winner of the Nobel Prize for Chemistry twice, passed away recently?
Answer: Frederick Sanger
18. Which nation won the 2013 Women’s Kabadi World Cup?
19. World Human Rights Day was observed on:
Answer: December 10
20. Which state’s legislative assembly has recently adopted a bill to tackle the illegal activities of Chit funds?
Answer: West Bengal
21. The Union Labour Minister of India who passed away recently?
Answer: Sis Ram Ola
22. Which Indian won the best actor award at the Dubai International Film Festival?
Answer: Irfan Khan
23. Who won the Men’s Delhi half Marathon 2013?
Answer: Atsedu Tsegay (Ethiopia)
24. Which renowned Indian painter and former chairman of the Kerala Lalit Kala Academy passed away recently?
Answer: C.N Karunakaran
25. Who was sworn in as the Chief Minister of Chhattisgarh for the third consecutive term?
Answer: Raman Singh (BJP)
26. The recently released book Unbreakable is the autobiography of which sports person?
Answer: Mary Kom
27. Which party got the highest number of seats in the recently held assembly elections in Delhi?
Answer: Aam Aadmi Party
28. Who has been chosen as the Time Magazine’s Person of the Year 2013?
Answer: Pope Francis
29. Vijay Divas was observed across the country on:
Answer: December 16
30. Michelle Bachelet, the socialist candidate has won the Presidential election in which Latin American country?
31. Which party won the Assembly elections in Mizoram?
Answer: Indian National Congress
32. Who was sworn in as the Chief Minister of the Madhya Pradesh for the third time in a row?
Answer: Shivraj Singh Chouhan (BJP)
33. Vasundhara Raje has been sworn in as the Chief Minister of ……………?
34. The Government of India has appointed Harsh Kumar Bhanwala as Chairman of which bank?
Answer: National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development (NABARD)
35. Which nation won the 2013 Men’s Hockey Junior World Cup, held in New Delhi?
36. The bill aimed at preventing communal violence in the country is named ………….?
Answer: Prevention of Communal and Targeted Violence Bill, 2013
37. International Mountain Day was observed on:
Answer: December 11
38. Which film was selected as India’s entry for the best foreign film to the 86th Academy Awards?
Answer: The Good Road
39. Who has been elected for s third term as the Chancellor of Germany?
Answer: Angela Merkel
40. Man Booker Prize 2013 was won by …………?
Answer: Eleanor Catton
41. Who received the first National Yash Chopra Memorial Award?
Answer: Lata Mangeshkar
42. The naval variant of the surface to surface Prithvi missile, successfully test fired recently.
43. The United Nations Climate Change Conference, COP-19 was held in ………..
44. Which Bollywood actor has been appointed as the goodwill ambassador for South Korea?
Answer: Shah Rukh Khan
45. Which distinguished Indian scientist has been elected honorary foreign member of the Chinese Academy of Sciences?
Answer: Prof. C.N.R Rao
46. In which state was South India’s first high altitude cricket stadium inaugurated recently?
47. The first talking robot sent to space has been named …………..
48. India is to host Under-17 FIFA World Cup in:
49. The first manmade object to go beyond the solar system and reach interstellar space.
Answer: Voyager 1
50. International Migrants Day was observed on ………….?
Answer: December 18
51. Which political party in India has been recognized by the Election Commission as state party recently?
Answer: Aam Aadmi Party
52. Where was South India’s first high altitude cricket stadium inaugurated?
Answer: Krishnagiri, It is located in Wayanad district, kerala
53. Michiaki Takahashi, who invented the vaccine for …………. Passed away recently?
54. Abdiweli Sheikh Ahmed has been elected as the Prime Minister of which country?
55. The indigenously developed Light Combat Aircraft (LCA) that received the initial operational clearance for induction into the Indian Air Force?
56. International Human Solidarity Day was observed on:
Answer: December 20
57. World’s first artificial heart transplant has been done recently in which country?
58. Kisan Divas was observed across the country on:
Answer: December 23
59. Who has been appointed India’s High Commissioner to the United Kingdom?
Answer: Ranjan Mathai
60. Who got the Vayalar Ramavarma Award 2013?
Answer: Prabha Varma
61. Which country has given temporary asylum to Edward Snowden?
62. Who won the 2013 Indian Open Snooker title?
Answer: Ding Junhui
63. The Life Sciences Park to be set up near Thiruvananthapuram by the Kerala Government is named ………….?
Answer: Bio 360
64. Who has been sworn in as the Chief Minister of Delhi?
Answer: Arvind Kejriwal
65. Who won the Soccer Club World Cup 2013?
Answer: Bayern Munich
66. Mikhail Kalashnikov who passed away recently, is known for the invention of ……….., the world famous machine gun?
67. The new category of vehicle sanctioned on Indian roads by the Ministry of Road Transport and Highways?
68. Vinod Kumar Duggal has been appointed as the Governor of ………….?
69. World Soil Day was observed on:
Answer: December 5
70. The United Nations has declared 2014-2024 as the decade of:
Answer: Sustainable Energy for All
71. Which Manipuri art form entered the list of UNESCO’s intangible cultural heritage of humanity?