General Awareness Model Questions and Answers for preparing Staff Selection Commission [SSC] Multitasking Staff Examination and other Competitive Examinations.
1. Who was the first English language writer to be awarded the Nobel Prize in Literature?
Answer: Rudyard Kipling (1907)
2. Which Indian University has the motto of ‘The People’s University’?
3. The Coat of arms of which country depicts the crops of sugarcane, coconut and a bunch of bananas?
4. Who is the author of the book ‘Essay of Elia’?
Answer: John Lamb
5. Which constellation is commonly known as ‘The Southern Cross’?
6. Which chemical is also known as ‘Blanc Fixe or Permanent White’?
Answer: Barium Sulfate
7. Which city in Rajasthan is also known as ‘White City’?
8. Which south Indian River flows through maximum number of states?
Answer: Krishna (3 States)
9. Which is India’s first fully indigenously constructed nuclear power station?
Answer: Madras Atomic Power Station (Kalpakkam)
10. Who is the only person other than Morarji Desai to win both Bharat Ratna and Nishan-e-Pakistan?
Answer: Nelson Mandela
11. Which is the highest award constituted by the Government of India to the artists and poets who work on Cultural Harmony?
Answer: Tagore Award
12. The International Wolf Prize is associated with which field?
13. Which country is the biggest producer and exporter of cardamom in the world?
14. Which are the first two most expensive spices in the world by weight?
Answer: Saffron and Vanilla
15. Which spice’s most popular high yielding variety is ‘Njallani’?
16. Which country is known as ‘The Land of Eternal Spring’?
17. Which Asian country has the nickname of ‘The Nation of Smiling People’?
Answer: Sri Lanka
18. Who founded the Swatantra Party in 1959?
Answer: C Rajagopalachari
19. Who is considered as ‘The Father of Indian Peasant Movement’?
Answer: Swami Sahajanand Saraswati
20. Which Indian has the record of fifty years of service as a Parliamentarian?
Answer: N G Ranga
21. Van Vihar National Park is situated in which capital city?
22. What is known as ‘The Jewels of Earth and The World’s Largest Pharmacy’?
Answer: Rain forests
23. Which country is having the largest number of uncontacted tribes?
24. A plant that grows upon another plant non-parasitically, and derives its moisture and nutrients from the air and rain is known as …………?
25. Dracula, Calypso, Ophrys and Spiranthes are different genera of .........?
Answer: Orchid family