Current Affairs December 2013 Questions and answers in PDF.
Current Affairs December 2013 Questions and Answers for preparing PSC | SSC | UPSC | Civil Services | Bank | RRB and all other Competitive Examinations.
1. The unmanned Lunar exploration mission successfully launched by China on 2nd December 2013 . It consists of a Lunar rover called the Yutu or Jade Rabbit?
2. Which Indian won the women’s singles title in the Macau Open Badminton Grand Prix Gold Badminton Tournament?
Answer: P.V Sindhu
3. The National Tiger Conservation Authority has notified Nagzira as the fifth tiger reserve in the state of .........?
4. Who becomes the first Indian scientist elected to Chinese Academy of Science?
Answer: Prof CNR Rao
5. Who is appointed as new chief of National Security Guard (NSG)?
Answer: Mr. Jayanta Narayan Chaudhary
6. Who is sworn in as the new Chief Minister of Delhi?
Answer: Arvind Kejriwal
7. Who has been appointed as the new Governor of Manipur?
Answer: Mr. Vinod Kumar Duggal
8. Who is sworn in as German Chancellor for 3rd time?
Answer: Angela Merkel
9. Name the autobiography of Mary Kom that unveiled recently?
10. Human Rights Day was observed on:
Answer: December 10
11. Who won the UN Human Rights Prize 2013?
Answer: Malala Yousafzai
12. Who has been crowned Miss Earth 2013?
Answer: Alyz Henrich (Venezuela)
13. Which nation will host the Under-17 FIFA World Cup 2017?
14. International Anti Corruption Day was observed on:
Answer: December 9
15. The official match ball of FIFA World Cup 2014 has been named?
16. The former President of South Africa and anti-apartheid leader who passed away recently?
Answer: Nelson Mandela
17. International Civil Aviation Day was observed on:
Answer: December 7
18. Ahmet Uzumcu has been reappointed as the Director General of which international organization?
Answer: Organization for the prohibition of Chemical Weapons (OPCW)
19. Who is to succeed Deepak Sandhu as the Chief Information Commissioner (CIC) of India?
Answer: Sushma Singh
20. International Volunteer Day was observed on:
Answer: December 5
21. In which state is the Hornbill Festival held every year in the first week of December?
22. Who has been named UNICEF’s brand ambassador for South Asia?
Answer: Sachin Tendulkar
23. Constitution Day was observed in India on:
Answer: November 26.
24. Xavier Bettel was sworn in as the President of which country?
25. How many districts will be there in the proposed state of Telangana?
26. The two new parcel service’s launched by the Department of Posts are named ......... and .........?
Answer: Express Parcel and Business Parcel
27. FIFA has raised the prize money for the winners of the 2014 World Cup to ......... US Dollars?
Answer: 35 Million
28. Which state has emerged champions in the 29th Junior National Athletics Championship held in Bangalore?
Other Current affairs News
Mr. Mikhail Kalashnikov: Designer of AK-47 (”Avtomat Kalashnikova 1947″) passed away
Mikhail Kalashnikov (94), the Russian gun designer whose AK-47 rifle became the weapon of choice for many national armies and guerrillas around the world, passed away.
About AK- 47 ( ”Avtomat Kalashnikova 1947″)
Officially known as “Avtomat Kalashnikova 1947″. ’47′ from the year (1947) it went into production. It is a selective-fire, gas-operated 7.62×39mm assault rifle and has a rate of fire of 600 rounds-a-minute. The AK-47 has only eight moving parts can be broken down and reassembled in 30 seconds and will work in conditions that would render many other small arms inoperable. Invented by Mikhail Kalashnikov, who received numerous honors including the Hero of Socialist Labor and Order of Lenin and Stalin Prize.
Anti-apartheid hero Nelson Mandela passed away
Nelson Mandela (95), South African anti-apartheid icon passed away at his residence at Johannesburg.