Expected Model Questions and Answers for preparing Kerala PSC Examinations.
1. In which year was the Indian Olympic Association formed?
2. India participated for the first time in ......... Olympics?
Answer: 1900, Paris
3. Who represented India at the 1900 Paris Olympics?
Answer: Norman Pritchard
4. How many gold medals Indian Hockey Team has won in the Olympic Game so far?
5. The total number of medals won by the Hockey team for India at the Olympic Games is .........?
Answer: 11 (Gold-8, Silver-1, Bronze-2)
6. In which year Indian Hockey team won the first gold medal in the Olympics?
Answer: 1928, Amsterdam
7. Indian Hockey team won the Olympics gold for the last time in .........?
Answer: 1980, Moscow
8. In which Olympics Indian Hockey Team won the Silver medal?
Answer: 1960, Rome
9. Who was independent India’s first individual Olympic medalist?
Answer: K D Jadhav
10. K D Jadhav won the freestyle wrestling bronze medal at the ......... Olympic Games?
Answer: 1952, Helsinki
11. Which Indian wrestler was widely known as ‘Pocket Dynamo’?
Answer: K D Jadhav
12. Who was independent India’s second individual Olympic medalist?
Answer: Leander Paes (Tennis)
13. In which Olympics Leander Paes won the bronze medal?
Answer: 1996, Atlanta
14. Who is the first Indian to compete at Six Olympic Games?
Answer: Leander Paes
15. Who is the first Indian woman to win an Olympic medal?
16. Karnam Malleswari won bronze medal at the Sydney Olympics of 2000 in .........?
17. Who was independent India’s first individual Olympic Silver medalist?
Answer: Rajyavardhan Singh Rathore
18. At the 2004 Athens Olympics, RS Rathore won silver medal in which item?
Answer: Double Trap (Shooting)
19. Who is India’s first individual Olympic gold medalist?
Answer: Abhinav Bindra
20. Abhinav Bindra won Olympic gold medal in the 10 m Air Rifle event at which Olympics?
Answer: 2008, Beijing
21. What is the total number of medals India won at the 2008 Beijing Olympics?
Answer: Three (Gold-1, Bronze-2)
22. Who were the Bronze medalists for India at the 2008 Beijing Olympics?
Answer: Vijendar Singh (Boxing), Sushil Kumar (Wrestling)
23. Who is the first Indian to win two consecutive Olympic medals in the individual item?
Answer: Sushil Kumar (Wrestling)
24. At which Olympic Games India has won maximum number of medals?
Answer: 2012, London (6 medals)
25. Who were the silver medalists for India at the 2012 London Olympics?
Answer: Vijay Kumar (Shooting), Sushil Kumar (Shooting)