Current Affairs August 2013 Questions and answers in PDF.
Current Affairs August 2013 Questions and Answers for preparing PSC | SSC | UPSC | Civil Services | Bank | RRB and all other Competitive Examinations.
Download the Current Affairs August 2013 Questions and answers in PDF file from the Link provided at the Bottom.
1. Which Baltic nation has been given permission by the European Union for adopting Euro as its currency?
Answer: Latvia. The country will replace its currency the lat, with the euro on 1 January 2014.
2. The Indian Grandmaster who won the Commonwealth Chess Championship?
Answer: Abhijeet Gupta
3. Who was sworn in as the Chief Minister of Jharkhand?
Answer: Hemant Soren
4. Who is selected for the Tagore Award for Cultural Harmony 2013?
Answer: Zubin Mehta
5. Who is appointed as the new coach of the Indian’s Men’s Hockey Team?
Answer: Maharaj Krishan Kaushik
6. Jeane Claude Juncker, who resigned recently, was the Prime Minister of …………….?
7. The Swiss made solar powered air craft which has been in the news for completing a successful trip across the United States?
Answer: Solar Impulse
8. World Population Day was observed on ………….?
Answer: July 11
9. The Typhoon that caused widespread damage in Taiwan and East China in July, was named …………?
10. Where will be the cartoon museum set up by Kerala Lalitakala Academy in honour of cartoonist R. Sankar inaugurated?
11. The recently released book ‘An uncertain Glory: India and its Contradictions’ is jointly written by ………. and ………… ?
Answer: Amartya Sen and Jean Dreze
12. What is the name given to the largest virus ever seen on the earth, recently discovered by scientists?
13. Which Indian tennis pair clinched their first ever ATP tournament by winning the doubles title in the 2013 Claro Open, held in Bogota, Colombia?
Answer: Purav Raja and Diviji Sharan
14. Pi Approximation Day was celebrated worldwide on ………..?
Answer: 22 July
The Mathematical symbol ‘Pi’ represents the mathematical equivalent 22/7, which is similar to the date 22nd July.
15. Nelson Mandela International Day was observed on …………..?
Answer: July 18
16. Which Indian won Gold in the Archery World Cup Stage 3 in Medellin, Colombia?
Answer: Deepika Kumari
17. Which central Government agency has collaborated with the Tata Motors in developing India’s first Hydrogen powered bus?
18. The political party launched by Julian Assange to contest in the Australian elections this year?
Answer: WikiLeaks Party
19. Which Afghan woman won the 2013 Magsaysay Award?
Answer: Habiba Sarabi. She is the first and only woman governor in Afghansitan.
20. Who has been elected as the new President of Pakistan?
Answer: Mamnoon Hussain
21. Who has been selected for the Rajiv Gandhi National Sadbhavana Award 2013?
Answer: Amjad Ali Khan
22. The Government of India has announced the setting up of a new Marine Training Academy at:
23. The advanced weather satellite recently launched by the Indian Space Research Organisation?
24. Who is the first woman to be appointed as the Managing Director of the State Bank of India?
Answer: Arundhati Bhattacharya
25. The mobile healthcare system launched by the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare-India to vaccinate children at their doorsteps is called …………….?
Answer: National Teeka Express
26. The ICC World Cup 2015 will be jointly hosted by ………….. and ……………..?
Answer: Australia and New Zealand
27. Who has been named as the President of the Indian Hockey Federation?
Answer: K.D Singh
28. Who has sworn in as the President of Iran, succeeding Mahmoud Ahmadi Nejad?
Answer: Hassan Rouhani
29. Who has been re-elected as the President of Zimbabwe?
Answer: Robert Mugabe
30. Rajeev Rishi has been appointed as the Chairman and Managing Director of which Bank?
Answer: Central Bank of India
31. Who has been appointed as the new chief of the National Investigation Agency (NIA)?
Answer: Sharad Kumar
32. Who has been selected for this year’s Lokmanya Tilak Award?
Answer: E. Sreedharan
33. Which Indian won Gold in the 2013 World Games held in Cali, Colombia?
Answer: Aditya Mehta
34. India’s recently test fired indigenously developed multi-barrel rocket launcher?
35. The all-women bank to be set up by the Government of India is named ………….?
Answer: Bhartiya Mahila Bank
36. In which state is the nation’s first cyber forensic laboratory set up?
37. The Indian shuttler who won bronze in the World Badminton Championships held in Guangzhou, China?
Answer: P.V Sindhu
38. ......... has become the first state to disburse salary to Government employees through Aadhar linked Bank accounts?
39. Who won the men’s 100 metre sprint title at the IAAF World Athletic Championship held in Moscow?
Answer: Usain Bolt
40. Ibrahim Boubacar Keita has been elected as the new President of .........?
41. The Indian player who won the International Tennis Federation (ITF) women’s tennis tournament held in Sharm El Sheikh, Egypt?
Answer: Sowjanya Bavisetti
42. What is the name of India’s first indigenously built aircraft carrier, recently unveiled at Kochi?
Answer: INS Vikrant
43. Which American daily newspaper has been bought by Jeff Bezos, the founder of Amazon.com?
Answer: The Washington Post
44. Who won this year’s PGA (Professional Golfers Association) championship held in New York?
Answer: Jason Dufner
45. Who is appointed as the new Governor of the Reserve Bank of India?
Answer: Raghuram Govinda Rajan
46. The winner of the 100 metres women’s race in the World Athletic Championships?
Answer: Shelly Ann Fraser Pryce
47. The world record holder from Russia, who won the women’s pole vault title in the World Athletic Championship?
Answer: Yelena Isinbayeva
48. ........ will be India’s 29th State?
49. India’s first DNA Forensic Laboratory established in:
50. Who won the prestigious International Children’s Peace Prize 2013?
Answer: Malala Yousafzai
51. Who received the prestigious Mahatma Gandhi International Award for Peace and Reconciliation?
Answer: Brigalia Bam
52. Which country Won Bronze Medal at Junior Women Hockey World Cup?
53. Who won the Rogers Cup Tennis Tournament Women’s singles title?
Answer: Serena Williams (U.S)
54. Who won the Rogers Cup Tennis Tournament Men’s Singles title?
Answer: Rafael Nadal (Spain)
55. Who is the author of the book ‘My Journey: Transforming Dreams into Actions’ that released recently?
Answer: Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam