Model questions and answers for preparing Air Force Common Admission Test (AFCAT).
1. The treaty of Mangalore was signed between?
(a) The English East India Company and Haidar Ali
(b) The English East India Company and Tipu Sultan
(c) Haidar Ali and the Zamorin of Calicut
(d) The French East India Company and Tipu SultanAnswer: The English East India Company and Tipu Sultan
2. The Venetian traveler who travelled with his wife and reached Vijayanagar around 1420 was?
(a) Athanasius Nikitin
(b) Nicolo de Conti
(c) Ibn Batutan
Answer: Nicolo de Conti
3. Who among the following cricketers has been declared the ‘Cricketer of the Twentieth Century’ by the ICC?
(a) Shane Warne
(b) Kapil Dev
(c) Sunil Gavaskar
(d) Brian LaraAnswer: Shane Warne
4. 2018 FIFA World Cup would be held in:
5. Vijender Singh is associated with which one of the following games?
6. First Afghan War took place in:
7. The desert that lies on the boundary between India and Pakistan is?
(d) None of these
8. The ‘Cannes Award’ is given for excellence in which field?
9. The Shanti Swarup Bhatnagar Award is given by which of the following organizations?
(a) Council for Scientific and Industrial Research
(b) Indian Council for Agricultural Research
(c) Indian National Science Academy
Answer: Council for Scientific and Industrial Research
10. Who wrote the book ‘Origin of Species’?
(a) Charles Darwin
Answer: Charles Darwin
11. The first President of India was?
(a) Mr. Sanjiva Reddy
(b) Dr. Rajendra Prasad
(c) Dr. V.V Giri
(d) Dr. Zakir Hussain
Answer: Dr. Rajendra Prasad
12. Which of the following was Satyajit Ray associated with?
(a) Classical Music
(b) Commercial Art
(c) Film Direction
(d) Classical Dance
Answer: Film Direction
13. The most commonly used bleaching agent is?
(b) Carbon dioxide
(d) Sodium Chloride
14. The gas used for artificial ripening of green fruit is?
(c) Carbon dioxide
15. Light year is a unit of?
(d) Intensity of light
16. Magnetism at the centre of a bar magnet is?
(d) Minimum or Maximum
17. Inside an aeroplane, flying at a high altitude?
(a) The pressure is the same as that outside
(b) Normal atmospheric pressure is maintained by the use of air pumps
(c) The pressure inside is less than the pressure outside
(d) Normal humidity and partial vacuum are maintained
Answer: Normal atmospheric pressure is maintained by the use of air pumps
18. The most important ore of aluminium is?
19. Who has scored the most runs in a single First-class innings?
(a) Hanif Mohammad
(b) Brian Lara
(c) Sir Donald Bradman
(d) Sachin Tendulkar
Answer: Brian Lara
20. The members of Lok Sabha are?
(a) Directly elected by the people
(b) Indirectly elected
(d) Partly elected and partly nominated
Answer: Directly elected by the people