Current Affairs June 2013 Questions and answers in PDF
Current Affairs June 2013 Questions and Answers for preparing PSC | SSC | UPSC | Civil Services | Bank | RRB and all other Competitive Examinations.
Download the Current Affairs June 2013 Questions and answers in PDF file from the Link at the Bottom.
1. Who clinched this year’s Indian Premier League Cricket Trophy?
Answer: Mumbai Indians
2. Who tops the list of the world’s most powerful women, released by Forbes Magazine recently?
Answer: Angela Merkel, she has been the Chancellor of Germany since 2005.
3. The Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO) Navigation Centre was set up at:
Answer: Byalalu, about 40km from Bangalore
The ISRO Navigation Centre will be the nerve centre of India’s forthcoming Indian Regional Navigation Satellite System (IRNSS). The IRNSS will consist of a constellation of seven satellites. The first satellite, R1A launched on June 12.
4. The Muttathu Varkey literary award was presented to:
Answer: C.V Balakrishnan
5. Thakazhi Cherukatha Puraskaram was awarded to .........?
Answer: Rehman Kidangayath
6. Who received this year’s Man Asian Literary Prize?
Answer: Tan Twan Eng. He got the award for his novel ‘The Garden of Evening Mists’.
7. How many languages in India have been conferred classical statuses so far?
Answer: Five (Sanskrit, Tamil, Kannada, Telugu and Malayalam)
8. The Japanese historian and writer who was awarded Padmashree this year?
Answer: Noboru Karashimna
9. Which Keralite was appointed as Chief Justice of Sikkim High Court?
Answer: Justice Pius C Kuriakose
10. Who received this year’s Swathithirunal Sangeetha Award?
Answer: V Dakshinamoorthy
11. M.R Venkatesh became India’s 28th Chess Grand Master in July 2012. He belongs to which state?
Answer: Tamil Nadu
12. Who won the 2012 Laureus Sportsman of the year Award?
Answer: Novak Djokovic
13. What is the name given to India’s mission to Mars in November 20, 2013?
Answer: Mars Orbiter Mission
14. 7th G-20 Summit was held in which country?
15. The current winners of the UEFA Champions League.
Answer: Bayern Munich
16. The award winning and internationally known Bengali Film director who passed away on May 30?
Answer: Rithuparno Ghosh
17. ......... in India has been declared by UNESCO as a world biosphere reserve under its ‘Man and the Biosphere’ (MAB) Programme?
Answer: Nicobar Islands
18. The eminent Malayalam grammarian, poet, linguist and translator whose 150th birth anniversary was celebrated this year:
Answer: A.R Rajaraja Varma
19. N.R Narayana Murthy has again taken over as the Executive chairman of which major IT company?
20. As per the new rule of the Telecom Regulatory Authority, advertisements shown on TV channels are restricted to ......... minutes for one hour programming.
Answer: 12 minutes. The rule will come into effect on October 1 2013.
21. Who has become the youngest Indian to climb Mount Everest?
Answer: Raghav Joneja (15 years and 7 months)
22. Rami Hamdallah has become the new prime minister of:
23. Who won the US Open golf tournament 2013?
Answer: Justin Rose
24. Which airport in India has been ranked as the world’s second best by the Airport Council International?
Answer: Indira Gandhi International Airport, Delhi
25. Who won Iran presidential election 2013?
Answer: Hassan Rouhani
26. Who won the Lifetime Achievement Award at the opening ceremony of the 16th Shanghai International Film Festival?
Answer: Oliver Stone
27. When the first Under-17 Football World Cup event is scheduled in India?
28. Which state won the Junior Men’s National Hockey title 2013?
29. Who is appointed as chairman of the National Technical Research Organization?
Answer: R. Chandrashekar
30. Which Indian state launched country’s first seaplane service?
31. Who is sworn in as the new Prime Minister of Pakistan?
Answer: Nawaz Sharif
32. Nation’s highest Krishi Vigyan Kendra (KVK) will be set up at:
Answer: Nyoma, Leh district of Jammu & Kashmir
33. Dubai launched World’s tallest Twisted Tower named:
Answer: Cayan Tower
Additional Current Affairs June 2013
ISRO to launch INSAT-3D On July 26, 2013
Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) is slated to put advanced meteorology satellite INSAT-3D on July 26, 2013 after putting the regional navigation satellite IRNSS-1A from Sriharikota on the light-lift PSLV rocket on July 1, 2013.
American author Lydia Davis wins Man Booker International Prize 2013
American author Lydia Davis has been announced the winner of Man Booker International Prize 2013. She was chosen winner out of ten shortlisted authors.
About Man Booker International Prize 2013
The prize, worth £60,000, recognizes an author’s achievement in fiction. It is awarded every two years to a living author who has published fiction either originally in English or whose work is available in translation in the English language. The prize is sponsored by Man Group plc, which also sponsors the Man Booker Prize for Fiction. Unlike the UK Man Booker Prize for Fiction, publishers cannot submit author’s works for consideration. The Prize is significantly different in that it highlights one writer’s overall contribution to fiction on the world stage. The judges, who solely decide the winner, consider a writer’s body of work rather than a single novel.
About Lydia Davis:
Davis lives in New York. She is a professor of creative writing at the University at Albany and has had seven collections of short stories published. She has also translated a number of French classics, including Flaubert’s Madame Bovary and Proust’s Du Côté de Chez Swann. She has also written one novel, The End of the Story (1995).
Amazon.in launched in India
Online retailing giant Amazon unveiled its India marketplace, ‘Amazon.in’, offering books, movies and television shows for sale.
World Environment Day was observed in India and across the globe on June 5.
This year’s World Environment Day theme was “Think. Eat. Save - Reduce Your Foodprint“.