Solved Question paper of Kerala PSC Operational Superintendent [Computer] Examination conducted on 17/08/2012.
1. Internet is:
Answer. A world wide interconnected network of computers which use a common protocol to communicate with one another.
2. How long can a filename in Linux be?
Answer. 255 Characters
3. MICR stands for:
Answer. Magnetic Ink Character Reader
4. Which was the computer conceived by Babbage?
Answer. Analytical Engine
5. The process of starting a computer system by loading instructions from a secondary storage device into the computer memory is called:
6. Which language is directly understood by the computer without a translation program?
Answer. Machine Language
7. WAN stands for:
Answer. Wide Area Network
8. The capacity of 3.5 inch floppy disk is:
Answer. 1.44 MB
9. MSI stands for:
Answer. Medium Scale Integrated Circuit
10. According to Boolean Theorems X + XY is equal to:
11. The language that helps the user to access data from a database is:
12. The logical design of a database is called:
13. How many categories of operators are there in JAVA?
14. The default package that is implicitly called in JAVA program is:
15. Which operator is used to create an array in JAVA?
16. RS-232 is a popular standard used for........... Communication:
Answer. Both synchronous and asynchronous
17. The number of changes in the signal per second is called:
Answer. Baud rate
18. What is the central device in star topology?
19. ISDN is an example of ............. network:
Answer. Circuit switched
20. The gate which is called a universal gate:
21. The number of bits that a computer can process at a time is called:
22. URL stands for:
Answer. Uniform Resource Locator