Solved question paper of Kerala psc conductor examination conducted on 1999.
1. Cattle is to Herd as sheep is to
(a) Flock (b) Swarm (c) Crowd (d) None of these
2. Victory is to encouragement as failure is to
(1) Sadness (b) Defeat (c) Frustration (d) None of these
3. Retirement is related to service as dismissal is to
(a) Agreement (b) Employment (c) Communication (d) Adoption
4. Vijay ranks thirteenth in a class of thirty one. What is his rank from the last?
(a) 15th (b) 17th (c) 19th (d) None of these
5. A mountain always has
(a) ranger (b) peak (c) snow (d) valley
6. Trigonometry is related to triangles in the same way as mensuration is related to
(a) Areas (b) Geometry (c) Circles (d) Polygons
7. Karnataka is to Banglore as .......... is to ..........
(a) Mysore : Vrindavan (b) Haryana : Sonepat
(c) Gujarat : Anand (d) Orissa : Bhubaneshwar
Ans. Orissa : Bhubaneshwar
8. Water is to oxygen as salt is to
(a) iron (b) sodium (c) calcium (d) proteins
9. BUS is coded as 251. STAND is coded as 13064. Then which of the following is code for BADAKARA:
(a) 20406071 (b) 20307080 (c) 20407080 (d) 20307181
10. If TICKET is coded as 123451 and RACK is coded as 6034, then the code for KEEP SAFE is:
(a) 4556 7085 (b) 4556 7084 (c) 4557 6545 (d) 4556 0785
Ans. 4556 7085
11. Who was the governor-general of India who declared the practice of “Sati” as illegal and punishable?
Ans. Lord William Bentinck
12. The layer of atmosphere close to earth’s atmosphere is known as:
13. The metal used in storage cell is:
14. World Population Day is celebrated on:
Ans. July 11
15. The sports term “Chinaman” is associated with:
16. The author of the Book “The Guide” is:
Ans. R. K. Narayan