Indian history related model questions and answers for preparing Kerala PSC Company Corporation Board Assistant Grade Examination.
1. Who was the Governor-General of India when Coorg was annexed?
Ans. Lord William Bentick, It was annexed in 1834
2. Gopalakrishna Gokhale died in:
3. Dalai Lama fled to India in:
4. The Viceroy known as the Saviour of the Punjab?
Ans. Sir John Lawrence
5. Who was the finance minister of Lord Rippon?
Ans. Sir Evelyn Baring
6. Who were known as the ‘Pioneers of Eastern Adventure’?
Ans. The Portuguese
7. Name the city which is called as the first ‘Oriental Mart’ in the world?
8. The first English Coal mine was opened at:
Ans. Raniganj , It was opened in 1820
9. Name the Governor General of India when the Hindu Widow Remarriage Act was passed?
Ans. Lord Delhousie , It was passed in 1856
10. Who founded the Banaras Sanskrit College in 1792?
Ans. Jonathan Duncan
11. Name the Governor General who gave official sanction to the education of girls in India?
Ans. Lord Delhousie
12. The Act which created the first official legislation in India?
Ans. Charter Ac t of 1853
13. The practice of holding ICS examinations simultaneously in England as well as in India began in:
14. Name the Viceroy who was responsible for the beginning of the system of state railways?
Ans. Lord Mayo
15. When did the British abandon the Downward Filtration Theory?
16. The original name of Ramakrishna Paramhamsa?
Ans. Gadadhar Chatopadhyay
17. Who founded the Deccan Education Society in 1884?
Ans. G.G Agarkar
18. Name the founder of the Seva Samiti Boy Scouts Association in 1914 at Bombay?
Ans. Shri Ram Bajpai
19. Who wrote the novel ‘Ghare Baire’?
Ans. Rabindranath Tagore
20. The first English factory in South India was at:
21. Who was the first person to use the term ‘Indus Civilization’?
Ans. John Marshall
22. Who discovered Navdatoli?
Ans. H.D Sankalia
23. Who represented the Hindu community in the Second Round Table Conference?
Ans. Madan Mohan Malavya
24. Who called Rajendraprasad as the ‘Symbol of India’?
Ans. Jawaharlal Nehru
25. Name the author of ‘Ganadevata’?
Ans. Tarasankar Banarjee