Current Affairs Questions and Answers 2012
Download the Complete Current affairs questions and answers in 2012 Published on www.keralapscblog.com.
1. Name the renowned Urdu poet who passed away after battling lung cancer in 2012.
Ans. Akhlaq Mohammad Khan
2. Name the news search engine introduced by Rediff.com in 2012?
Ans. Relatime News Search
3. Name the digital music store launched by flipkart.com in 2012.
4. Name of Taslima Nasreen’s autobiography?
5. Who is World’s shortest man as per recent Guinness World Records ?
Ans. 72-year old Chandra Bahadur Dangi of Nepal
6. Who is the author of the book ‘My Unforgettable Memories’ ?
Ans. Mamata Banerjee
7. Whose Auto Biography is called ‘Prisoner 5990’ ?
Ans. R. Balakrishna Pilla
8. Name the nuclear submarine which became the part of Indian Navy in April 2012.
Ans. INS Chakra
9. Name the First Radar Imaging Satellite (spy satellite) Successfully launched by India recently.
Ans. RISAT-1 India on 26 April 2012 launched India’s first indigenous all weather Radar Imaging Satellite (RISAT-1)
10. Name the 51 year old who Conquered Mt.Everest Twenty One times.
Ans. Apa Sherpa
11. Who is crowned Miss India World 2012?
Ans. Vanya Mishra
12. Who has been appointed as TRAI (Telecom Regulatory Authority of India) chairman for a three year term?
Ans. Rahul Khullar
13. What was the Motto of London Olympics 2012?
Ans. Inspire a Generation
14. Name the two mascots of London Olympics 2012.
Ans. Wenlock and Mandeville
15. Who has taken over as the 25th Chief of the Indian Army?
Ans. General Bikram Singh
16. Who won the 21st Sultan Azlan Shah Cup hockey tournament 2012?
Ans. New Zealand
17. Who is sworn in as 13th President of India ?
Ans. Pranab Mukherjee
18. Who became the first Badminton player to win a Olympic Medal for India?
Ans. Saina Nehwal , she won the bronze medal for India in the London Olympics 2012.
19. Name the female boxer who won Bronze medal for India at the London Olympics 2012.
Ans. Mary Kom
20. Name the Indian who won silver medal in Men’s 25 m rapid fire pistol shooting at London Olympics 2012?
21. India won ......... medals at London Olympics?
Ans. India won six medals at the London Olympics 2012 including two silvers, four bronze and no gold.
22. Which bird was declared as state bird by the Delhi Government?
Ans. House Sparrow
23. Name the US astronaut who was the first to land on moon passed away in 2012.
Ans. Neil Armstrong
24. Who won the under-19 cricket world cup 2012?
25. What is the name given by Brazilians for 2014 World cup ball?
26. Name the father of White Revolution who died in 2012.
Ans. Verghese Kurien
27. Who is the first service provider to offer ‘4G’ services in India?
Ans. Bharti Airtel
28. Who has been appointed as the new Chief Justice of India?
Ans. Justice Altamas Kabir
29. Name the player who won the first gold medal in London 2012?
Ans. Yi Siling (China)
30. Who won the gold medal in 100 metres running at the 2012 London Olympics with a record time of 9.63 seconds?