Current affairs 2012 for All Competitive Exams | Current affairs quiz November 2012 | PSC | SSC | UPSC | current affairs for civil services | Current affairs for IBPS | SBI | Bank PO | RRB Exams
1. Who won the ‘Best Story’ award for the movie ‘Kushiyaan’ at the Punjabi International film Academy Award (PIFAA) held in Toronto?
Ans. Rajan Gangahar
2. Who won the GITAM Foundation Award of Rs. 10 lakh presented by GITAM University recently?
Ans. Dr. M.S Swaminathan
3. Confederation of All India Traders has decided to observe August 9th 2012 as which day?
Ans. Quit FDI day
4. Which African country plans to bid for 2024 Olympics?
5. Who is the new Prime Minister of Syria?
Ans. Wael al-Halki
6. Who has been appointed as the Chief Economic Advisor in the finance ministry of India recently?
Ans. Raghuram G Rajan
7. Who has been appointed as the new Election Commissioner of India?
Ans. Dr. Sayed Nasim Ahmad Zaidi
8. Who is the first ever Indian to win back-to-back individual Olympic medals?
Ans. Sushil Kumar
9. Who is the present Chairman of the largest open schooling systems in the world ‘NIOS’?
Ans. S.S Jena
10. What is the name given to India’s mission to Mars in November 2013?
Ans. Mars Orbiter Mission
11. Which hospital would be the first computer assisted total hip replacement in India on 17th August 2012?
Ans. All India Institute of Medical Sciences
12. Who is currently holding the Office of Comptrollers and Auditors General of India?
Ans. Vinod Rai
13. Name the first country in the world to require tobacco products to be in plain packaging?
14. Recent G-20 summit was held in which country?
15. Who won the 2012 Amnesty International Ambassador of Conscience Award?
Ans. Aung San Suu Kyi
16. Which is the first Agricultural Theme Park in Kerala?
Ans. Aayamkudi Agricultural Theme Park- Kottayam
17. Who has been elected as the new Deputy Chairman of the Upper House of Indian Parliament, Rajyasabha on 21st August 2012?
Ans. Prof. P.J Kurian
18. According to the Forbes annual list of the world’s 100 most powerful women on August 2012, who has been ranked first?
Ans. Angela Merkel
19. Who is the new DGP of Kerala?
Ans. K.S Balasubrahmanyan IPS
20. What is the authorized biography of Neil Alden Armstrong?
21. Who is the current Chief Justice of India ?
Ans: Altamas Kabir
22. Name the tablet that was unveiled at the UN headquarters on the occasion of India’s current Presidency of the UN Security council ?
Ans. Aakash 2
23. Who is named WTA player of the Year for the 4th time after winning Wimbledon, US Open and Olympic gold in the year 2012?
Ans. Serena Williams
24. What number has to be dialed to access bank account balance information or placing a cheque book request from mobile?
25. Who became youngest triple champion in Formula one history?
Ans. Sebastian Vettel
26. Which missile was successfully test fired in India on 23rd November 2012?
Ans. Supersonic Interceptor Missile
27. Who is the Director General of United Nations?
Ans. Ban Ki Moon
28. Who is the Director General of International Labour Organization?
Ans. Guy Ryder
29. Who is the Director General of United Nations Educational Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO)?
Ans. Irina Bokova
30. Who is the Director General of International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA)?
Ans. Yukiya Amano
31. Who is the Director General of World Health Organization (WHO)?
Ans. Margaret Chan
32. Who is the President of World Bank?
Ans. Jim Yong Kim
33. Who is the President of Asian Development Bank?
Ans. Haruhiko Kuroda
34. Who is re-elected as President of the Archery Association of India?
Ans. Vijay Kumar Malhotra
35. Which e-learing platform was launched by Pranab Mukherjee (President of India)?
Ans. A-view (www.aview.in)
36. Who is appointed as deputy Chief Minister of Manipur?
37. Who won the Miss International title 2012?
Ans. Miss Japan Ikumi Yoshimatsu
Download Current Affairs November 2012 in pdf file.