Biology general knowledge questions and answers for Secretariat Assistant Exam 2013.
1. Vitamin A is essential for the maintenance of which layer of skin?
Ans. Epithelial skin
2. Photo synthesis takes place lower in which color of light?
Ans. Yellow light
3. Which instrument is used for measuring the pressure of gases?
Ans. Mano meter
4. Grey matter consists of .........?
Ans. A large number of nerve cell bodies
5. The chromosome number of a bacterium is:
6. Plant group which is known as the storage of proteins:
7. The plant having no flower:
8. The Central Rise Research Institute of India is located at:
9. Insufficient blood supply in human body is referred as:
10. Insects belong to .........
11. The colour of cow’s milk is slightly yellowish due to the presence of :
12. Artocarpus integrifolia is the scientific name of .........
13. Ginger is an example of:
14. In case of cardiac arrest what should be the most primary step?
Ans. Cardiac massage
15. Saffron is dried .........
16. What is H-165 and H-97?
Ans. Hybrid varieties of tapioca
17. Palynology is the study of .........?
Ans. Pollen grains
18. To which group of plants does the banyan tree belong?
19. Cotton fibre is obtained from the .........?
20. The chief timber used in manufacturing rifle parts is obtained from .........?
21. Eustachian tube connects in which parts of the body?
Ans. Ear and throat.