Botany questions and answers for kerala psc Secretariat Assistant / Auditor, Company/ Corporation Assistant Grade Examinations
1. Who coined the word ‘Gene’?
2. The plant used in space vehicles to maintain the level of oxygen:
3. The tallest flowering plant:
4. Zoophily is the pollination through:
5. Xylology is the study of:
6. Halophytes are plants that grow in ..........
Ans. Salt water
7. Which enzyme in Pineapple enhances digestion?
8. The tendency of plants to grow in response to the influence of chemicals:
9. Who is the father of the Theory of the Inheritance of Acquired Characters?
10. The pollen grains in plants are produced in ..........
11. Xerophytes are plants in:
12. The hard part of the plant body is made up of the tissues:
13. ‘Stratosphere Giant’, the tallest tree in the World is in:
14. The study of fruits:
15. Japanese art of flower arrangement:
16. The cultivation of plants without soil:
17. Name the organelle helpful for protein synthesis:
18. The hormone that is helpful for ripening of fruits:
19. Who proved that plants are living organisms?
Ans. J.C Bose
20. What is known as the power house of the cell: