Model Questions and Answers For Kerala psc Secretariat Assistant , Company/ Corporation Assistant Grade Examinations.
1. Who became the acting Prime Minister of India after Jawaharlal Nehru:
Ans. Gulsarilal Nanda
2. The Prime Minister of India when India celebrated the golden jubilee of its independence:
Ans. I.K Gujral
3. Birla Mandir, where Gandhiji was assassinated, is in:
4. What was the post held by Gandhiji in National Indian Congress in South Africa?
Ans. Honorary Secretary
5. Who authored Gandhiji’s favourite prayer ‘Vaishnava Janato’?
Ans. Narasimha Mehta
6. Jawaharlal Nehru met Gandhiji for the first time at the Lucknow session of Indian National Congress held in the year ............
7. The Sikh guru who was executed by Jehangir
Ans. Arjan Dev
8. The journals ‘Al Hilal’ and ‘Al Balal’ were launched by:
Ans. Abul Kalam Azad
9. Who was defeated in the First Battle of Panipat?
Ans. Ibrahim Lodi
10. Who constructed Alai Darwaza?
Ans. Alauddin Khilji
11. Who formed the Widow Remarriage Association in Poona?
Ans. Dhondo Keshav Karve
12. Who wrote ‘India Divided’?
Ans. Dr. Rajendraprasad
13. Guru Nanak was born in:
14. Who is known as the father of Indian Politics and Economics?
Ans. Dadabhai Navroji
15. In which year Gandhiji established Sabarmati Ashram ?
16. Gandhiji conducted his first Satyagraha in South Africa to protest against;
Ans. Asiatic Law Amendment Ordinance Bill
17. Who is regarded as the first great leader of Modern India?
Ans. Raja Ram Mohan Roy
18. Who became the president of Indian National Congress for the longest continuous period before independence?
Ans. Maulana Abul Kalam Azad
19. The number of mandalas in Rig Veda:
20. Who founded Bharatiya Vidya Bhavan?
Ans. K.M Munshi
21. Who authored ‘Mathavilasaprahasanam’?
Ans. Mahendravarman I
22. Which event in Buddha’s life is symbolised by Stupa?
23. Who wrote ‘Essays on Gita’ and ‘Life Divine’?
Ans. Aurobindo Ghosh
24. The Mauryan emperor who gave attention to Municipal administraion:
25. The Viceroy when Rowlatt Act was passed?
Ans. Lord Chelmsford
26. Who led Adi Brahma Samaj after the schism in Brahma Samaj?
Ans. Debendranath Tagore
27. Who launched the journal ‘Pakhtoon’?
Ans. Khan Abdul Ghaffar Khan
28. Whom the British called ‘The Father of Indian Unrest’?
Ans. Bal Gangadhar Tilak
29. In 1878, some of the followers left the organisation led by Keshav Chandra Sen and formed new organisation named Sadharan Brahma Samaj. Who was the leader of it?
Ans. Anand Mohan Bose
30. The author of ‘Unhappy India’?
Ans. Lala Lajpath Rai
31. Which place was a factor of conflict during the tripatile struggle:
32. Who founded the Tatvabodhini Sabha in 1839?
Ans. Debendranath Tagore
33. The place of worship of Sikhs:
34. The Five fundamental things (5 K’s) of the Sikh are Kesh, Kangha, Kachcha, Kara and …………….
35. The eldest son of Shah Jahan who was killed by Aurangazeb:
36. Who were the Bose brothers in the national movement?
Ans. Sarath Chandra Bose and Subash Chandra Bose
37. Who was the regent of Akbar?
Ans. Bairam Khan
38. The author of Hind Swaraj?
Ans. Mahathma Gandhi
39. Purusha Sukta which contains mention about Chaturvarnya is a part of 10th mandala of ............
Ans. Rig Veda
40. The first Indian ruler to prove that India is a single nation and it had same culture?
Ans. Chandragupta Maurya
41. Elara who conquered Sri lanka was ............ king:
42. Who is the first to understand the real identify of ‘Sandrokottus’?
Ans. William Jones
43. In which state Porbander, the birth place of Gandhiji is situated?
44. Which Vedanga is related to Etymology?
45. Who represented Hindu community in the Second Round Table Conference?
Ans. Madan Mohan Malavya
46. Who founded the famous Hindu college in Calcutta?
Ans. David Hare
47. Which city was renamed Daulatabad?
48. Which powerful fort in Medieval India was called ‘Gateway of Eastern India’?
49. The leader who ended Satyagraha at Guruvayur as directed by Gandhiji?
Ans. K. Kelappan
50. Who authored ‘Sidhardha’ based on the life of Buddha?
Ans. Hermen Hesse