Welfare Officer Grade 2
Solved questions of Kerala psc Welfare Officer Grade II Exam conducted on August 2012.
Exam Held On: 08/08/2012 Question Paper Code: A
1. It is a primary setting of social work.
(b)Child guidance clinic
2. It is not an element of relationship.
(a)Concern for others
3. Not honoring the commitments made to the social worker by the client as part of the helping proces is a sign of:
4. Primacy of the client is:
(a)Principle of social work
(b)Principle of individualization
(c)Part of code of ethics
5. ......... is the continuous context in which the problem solving takes place:
6. Individualization in Social Work means understanding the:
(a)Personality of the client
(b)Uniqueness of the client
(c)Self respect of the client
(d)None of the above
7. The most important motive of the practice of Social Work:
8. Social security as a practice originated in:
9. Controlled emotional involvement is expressed through:
10. Interview is a ......... In case work
11. Which is the indirect method for case work treatment:
12. Functional approach in casework is founded on:
(c)will theory of Otto Rank
(d)Behavioural modification theory
13. The proces of providing immediate assistance to individuals who experiece disequilibrium in their psycho functioning.
14. In casework, treatment starts with:
15. Rapport refers to:
(d)Client worker relationship
16. ......... Is not included in Social Diagnosis.
(d)Administration of practical services
17. Main inspiration for the field of social work comes from:
18. Arya Samaj was established by:
(a)Raja Ram Mohan Roy
(d)Gopal Krishna Gokhale
19. London Charity Organisation Society was established in:
20. Which of the following aims at changes in the age old customs and practices of a society?
21. Number of chromosomes that a normal human cell contains:
22. What is infancy?
(a)Period from birth to the end of the second week
(b)Period from birth till cutting of umbilical cord
(c)Period from birth to two months
(d)Period from birth to three months
23. Psychic structure known as reality principle:
24. States of Bereavement was put forward by:
25. Physical changes that occur from conception to maturity is:
26. Reaction formation refers to:
(a)Emotional well being
27. Normal prenatal period is:
(a)10 lunar months
(b)9 lunar months
(c)10.5 lunar months
(d)9.5 lunar months
28. The term “senescence” refers to:
(b)Physiological changes associated to Puberty
(d)Physiological aspects of growing old
29. The kind of birth in which the foetus is positioned crosswise in mother’s uterus is:
30. An example of preventive counseling is:
(d)Family life education
31. Who authored the book “Games People Play”?
32. Proxemics refers to:
(a)Arrangement of physical space
33. Questioning the client for not keeping up his/her word is .........
34. “Affect in counselling refers to”:
35. “Conscious use of self” in social work practice is a:
36. Author of the pedagogy of the Oppressed:
37. Autocratic leaders:
38. Barriers based on attitudinal bias that prevent qualified women from achieving leadership positions in organizations:
39. Spirituality and purity of ends and means belong to the ……. model of social work.
40. Primary focus of the group workers is on:
(b)Individual and his/her needs
(c)Objectives of the agency
(d)Development of the group
41. The author of the book “Social Group Work: A Helping Process” :
42. The method of measuring the relatedness among people in a group is:
43. Subgroups consisting of three members are known as:
44. Groups are mainly controlled by:
45. It is not a type of conflict resolution in a group:
46. Which is not an objective of Community Organisation:
47. ......... is a model of community organisation.
48. Social action is mass betterment through propaganda and .........
49. Which of the following elements makes a group into a community ?
50. Pick out a principle of Social Action:
51. Establishing and maintaining many relationships with different types of people is know ……… skills.
52. Choose one advantage of people’s participation:
53. Networking works only when:
(a)There is large number of organization
(b)All the agencies have equal budget
(c)There is a set of common values and interests
(d)There is a controlling authority
54. Community development programme was launched in India in:
55. Who among the following is a social activist?
(c)Sree Narayana Guru
(d)Raja Ram Mohan Roy
56. Which among the following is a feature of rural communities?
57. Networking involves:
(a)Linkages with leaders
(b)Linkages with Panchayati Raj Institutions
(c)Linkages with Associations with similar objectives
(d)Linkages with members of social work agencies
58. Social Action is:
(a)Primary method of social work
(b)Not a method of social work
(c)Method of community organisation
(d)Seconadry method of social work
59.Self Help group involves:
(a)Self Help and mutual Help
(b)Power of participants
(c)Health of the members
60. Power structure means:
(b)Centre where power is vested
(c)Hierarchy and distribution of influence and authority
61. Which is not an essential function of the family:
(c)Provision of affection and care
(d)Provision of a home
62. Type of longitudinal research design that looks into the dynamics of a particular characteristics of the population over time?
63. The level of measurement in which the attributes can be rank-ordered:
64. The extent to which differences found with a measuring instrument reflect true different among those being tested.
65. It is not an example of probability sampling:
(a)Simple random sampling
66. A question in which the working is likely to incline the respondent to give a particular respondent is called:
(a)Open ended questions
(d)None of these
67. Research studies intended to develop hypothesis for advanced research studies in the study ares:
68. A sampling technique in which a few respondents lead the researcher to main respondents:
69. Most frequently occurring value in a data set:
70. Most commonly used measure of central tendency:
(d)None of these
71. When there is perfect correlation between two variables, the value of the correlation coeffic is:
(c)+1 or -1
72. The ‘right to give orders and the power to exact obedience’ is known as:
73. It only implies the transfer of functions and not of authority. The reference is to:
(d)None of the above
74. The most logical criterion to distinguish a line function from staff is:
(a)The functional relationship
(b)The authority relationship
75. ......... is a situation produced by larger delegation of authority down the levels of organisation.
76. Harry Fayol is famous fo:
(d)Principles of psychology
77. ......... are the general statements that guide administration’s thinking in the decision making process.
78. Theory X and Theory Y is given by:
79. It is a desire to maximise one’s potential and to become what one is capable of becoming. The reference is to :
80. Central Social Welfare Board was set up in the year:
81. Organised provision of resources and services for the society to deal with social problems is known as:
82. Which of the following is not a ground for divorce under Hindu Marriage Act?
83. ......... is law suit filed for a common cause by someone not directly a party to the issue.
(c)Public interest litigation
84. Right to property is a:
85. Prohibition of discrimination on the grounds of religion is fundamental right classified under:
(a)Right to equality
(b)Right to constitutional remedies
(c)Right to freedom
(d)Right against exploitation
86. Which is not a Child Right according to the International Convention on the Rights of the Child:
(a)Right to Participation
(b)Right to Protection
(c)Right to Work
(d)Right to Development
87. The term ‘relevant factor’ comes under:
(b)Workmen’s Compensation Act
(d)All the above
88. Which of the following is not a measure of poverty given by UNDP?
(a)Human Development Index
(b)Human Poverty Index
(c)Multi dimentional poverty Index
(d)Human quality of Life Index
89. Which is the largest programme of Governement of India to ensure 100 days of work to rural poor?
90. The most precious and difficult resource to manage:
91. The argument that “leaders are born and not made” is supported by:
(c)Leadership cintingency model
92. Informal communication is also known as:
93. The process of attracting sufficient number of applicants for a job is:
94. The idea of Sarvodaya means:
(a)Rise of all
(b)Rise of the last person
(c)Rise of one’s country men
95. First Stage in Project Planning Cycle:
96. Selection and training of personal is part of:
97. It is not a feature of underdevelopment:
(a)Low per capita income
(b)High level technology
(c)High level of unemployment
98. New economic policy was initiates during:
99. Which is not a feature of a primary group?
100. The process whereby an individual learns the ways of life of his/her society:
1. B 2. D 3. C 4. A 5. A
6. B 7. C 8. A 9. A 10. B
11. C 12. B 13. B 14. C 15. D
16. D 17. A 18. B 19. B 20. C
21. B 22. A 23. B 24. D 25. C
26. B 27. A 28. D 29. C 30. D
31. D 32. A 33. C 34. A 35. D
36. C 37. A 38. C 39. D 40. A
41. C 42. D 43. B 44. B 45. D
46. D 47. A 48. C 49. D 50. A
51. B 52. B 53. C 54. C 55. B
56. C 57. C 58. D 59. A 60.C
61. A 62. C 63. B 64. A 65. B
66. B 67. C 68. D 69. A 70. A
71. C 72. C 73. B 74. B 75. C
76. A 77. A 78. D 79. B 80. C
81. B 82. B 83. C 84. C 85. A
86. C 87. B 88. D 89. D 90. D
91. A 92. D 93. C 94. A 95. C
96. B 97. B 98. D 99. D 100. B