100 Multiple choice questions and answers for Kerala PSC Company/ Corporation, Secretariat Assistant Examinations.
1. Jantar Mandir at Delhi is a:
2. The communal representation was introduced in India by:
a)Indian Counsil Act of 1861
b)Govt. of India Act of 1919
c)Minto-Morley Reforms of 1909
d)Govt. of India Act of 1935
Ans. Minto-Morley Reforms of 1909
3. The salary and perquisites of the Prime Minister of India is decided by:
4. The first opposition leader in Indian parliament was:
d)Ram Manohar Lohya
Ans. A.K Gopalan
5. The chairman of the UPSC is appointed by the:
a)Union Labour Minister
6. The author of the book “India Wins Freedom” is:
a)A.P.J Abdul kalam
b)Abdul Kalam Azad
Ans. Abdul Kalam Azad
7. The city known as the Manchester of India:
8. The day celebrated as Women’s day:
Ans. March 8
9. The founder of Shantiniketan:
a)Raja Ram Mohan Roy
Ans. Rabindranath Tagore
10. According to the preamble to the constitution, India is a:
a)Sovereign Democratic Republic
b)Sovereign Socialist Democratic Republic
c)Sovereign Socialist Secular Democratic Republic
d)Sovereign Secular Democratic Republic
Ans. Sovereign Socialist Secular Democratic Republic
11. Grand-Slam is related to:
12. The first President of Indian National Congress:
a)Dr. Rajendra Prasad
Ans. W.C Banerjee
13. Who was the first women chief Minister of India?
c)Vijay Laxmi Pandit
Ans. Sashikala Kodokar
14. Which of the following is not a leap year?
d) None of these
15. ‘By gaining independence we have lost our power to blame the British. If anything, goes wrong, we are responsible now’. These are the words of:
a)Dr. Rajendra Prasad
d)Subhash Chandra Bose
Ans. Dr. Rajendra Prasad
16. Ajanta and Ellora caves are in:
17. In which year were the first General elections held in India:
18. The strait that separates India from Sri Lanka:
19. ‘Velakali’ is a spectacular ritual and martial folk art of Kerala. Where did this art form take shape in kerala?
20. The first keralite who become a member of the Central Cabinet and served twice as Finance Minister:
c)S. Krishna Kumar
d)Dr. John Mathai
Ans. Dr. John Mathai
21. When greenwich time is 10 am, the corresponding Indian Standard Time will be:
Ans. 3.30 p.m
22. The maximum period for which a proclamation of emergency issued by the President can remain in force without approval by a resolution of the parliament is:
a)Two months from the date of issue
b)Six months from the date of issue
c)Four months from the date of issue
d)One year from the date of issue
Ans. Six months from the date of issue
23. James Bond is a character created by:
d)P.G Wode House
Ans. Ian Fleming
24. The famous book of Leo Tolstoy is:
b)Merchand of Venice
d)War and Peace
Ans. War and Peace
25. Name the state in which Hirakud is located:
26. When was the Magna Carta signed by King John of England?
27. The study about cancer is:
28. Which is not a food crop?
29. A radio isotope has a half life of 75 years. The fraction of the atoms of the element that would decay in 150 years will be:
30. Which of the following is an exception of cell theory?
31. The washing soda is:
Ans. Sodium Carbonate
32. The most abundant metal in the earth’s crust:
33. A light year measures:
a)A unit of velocity
b)A unit of distance
c)Unit of pressure
d)Unit of time
Ans. A unit of distance
34. H1N1 means:
a)Haemoglobin 1 Neuraminidase 1
b)Haemagglutinin 1 Neuraminidase 1
c)Haemagglutinin 1 Neurasthenia 1
d)None of the above
Ans. Haemagglutinin 1 Neuraminidase 1
35. “Lisbon Treaty” is the treaty accepted/adopted by the members of which of the following organizations recently?
Ans. European Union
36. Which one of the following is the classical dance of Kerala?
37. Which European country is known as the ‘Land of a thousand lakes’?
38. When there is one buyer and many sellers in a market-what is this situation called?
39. What does ICANN stand for?
a)International Centre for Agro Nutrients and Nourishment
b)Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers
c)Indian Counsil for Algorithm, Numbers and Notions
d)International Counsil for Approved Names and Numbers
Ans. Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers
40. The age of a tree can be determined by:
a)Measuring its height
b)Measuring its diameter
c)Analyzing its sap
d)Counting the annual growth rings of its stem
Ans. Counting the annual growth rings of its stem
41. What do the letters XP stand for in the product Microsoft XP?
d)Entry level Product
42. What is the name of the instrument used to measure blood pressure?
43. Who is called the “Grand Old Man of India”?
Ans. Dadabhai Naoroji
44. Who became the first Indian to present a Golden Globe Award?
a)A. R Rahman
Ans. Shahrukh Khan
45. Who is the author of the Book, The Man Who Divided India?
Ans. Rafiq Zakaria
46. J.D Power is a name associated with:
a)An independent power producing company in New Delhi
b)A power plant equipped manufacturing company
c)An automotive battery manufacturing company
d)An automobile customer survey organization
Ans. An automobile customer survey organization
47. The largest continent in the world is:
48. In Hindu myth, who is considered to be the physician of the Gods?
49. The planning commission of India is:
a)a statutory body
b)an advisory body
d)an autonomous body
Ans. a statutory body
50. Where did Buddha die ?
51. Kalidasa the great Sanskrit poet was a member of the court of an Indian King. The name of the king:
c)Kumara Gupta I
Ans. Samudhra gupta
52. Who is known as Kerala Gandhi?
a)Sree Narayana Guru
c)Ghan Abdul Ghafarghan
Ans. K. Kelappan
53. What does a Philluminest collect?
b)Flags of various nations
c)Match box labels
d)Empty cigarette boxes
Ans. Match box labels
54. Who was the first opposition leader of Kerala legislative assembly?
d)A. K Gopalan
Ans. P.T Chacko
55. “The World’s local bank” is the tag line of which bank?
b)Standard Chartered Bank
c)Hong Kong and Shangai Banking Corporation
Hong Kong and Shangai Banking Corporation
56. Mahatma Gandhi had to call off the Non-Cooperation Movement because a Congress procession of 3000 peasants burnt a police station in which 22 policemen died. The incident occurred in the place:
Ans. Chauri Chaura
57. Where is the Headquarters of International Labour Organisation located?
58. Human Rights Day is celebrated on:
Ans. December 10
59. The Oscar winning film ‘Sulmdog Millionaire’ was written by:
c)Anthony Dod Mantle
Ans. Simon Beaufoy
60. Who is the author who created the character ‘Sherlock Holmes’ ?
a)Dr. Joseph Bell
d)Sir Arthur conan Doyle
Ans. Sir Arthur conan Doyle
61. ELFA, GLHA, ILJA, ……….., MLNA
62. There are three friends, A, B and C. Each of them have a Hat and a Cycle. Each of them is wearing another person’s hat and riding the cycle of the third person. (i.e., none of them is using their own hat and cycle). If A is wearing B’s hat and riding C’s cycle, who is riding A’s cycle?
d)Can’t be determined
63. A student multiplied a number by 3/5 instead of 5/3 . What is the percentage error?
64. The number of marble slabs of size 20 cm x 20 cm required to pave the floor of a square room of side 3 metres is:
65. Complete the given series with proper one from the following:
VIOLIN, VEENA, GUITAR, .........
66. The speed of a car is 64 km/hr. Find the time required to travel a distance of 256 km.
Ans. 4 hr
67. A and B can do a work in 12 days. B and C together can do it in 15 days and C and A together in 20 days. If A,B,C work together, they will complete the work in:
Ans. 10 days
68. The prices of a scooter and TV are in a ratio 7: 5. If a scooter costs Rs. 8000 more than TV set, then price of TV set is:
Ans. Rs. 20000
69. At what rate percent of simple interest will sum of money double itself in 12 years?
Ans. 25/3 %
70. A 1 km long train passes through a tunnel of 1 km length at a speed of 1 km per minute. How much time will it take to pass through it completely?
Ans. 2 min
71. P, Q, R and S are a playing a game of carom. P, R and S,Q are partners. S is to the right of R. If R is facing west, then Q is facing?
72. In a family, Reshma is elder sister of Ragini. Soni is Reshma’s daughter and Saloni is Soni’s cousin. Ragini’s mother is Rajini. Ramani is the sister in law of Reshma. Who is Soni’s grand mother?
73. What is the angle between the minute hand and hour hand of a clock at half past two?
Ans. 105 degree
74. 75% of a number is added to 75, then the result is the number itself. What is the nmber?
75. Pick out the correct alternative from the following.
If HINDI : MALAYALAM, then TIGER : .........
76. ‘A’ is the mother of ‘B’, ‘B’ is the grandson of ‘C’. ‘D’ is the grandson of ‘C’. ‘D’ is also the son of ‘E’. Then how ‘E’ is related to A?
77. A is two years older than B, who is twice as old as C. If total ages of A, B and C be 27, how old is B?
78. A vendor bought 3 chocolates for 1 Rupee. For how much per chocolate should be sell, to gain a profit of 50%?
Ans. 50 ps
79. If a/3=b/4=c/7, then (a+b+c)/c=:
80. Which is the least number, when it is divided by 7, 13 and 28, the reminder becomes 6?
81. I had just finished lunch when the phone .........
82. If my brother had not grabbed my arm I .........
a)Might have slipped
b)May have slipped
c)Will have slipped
d)Shall have slipped
Ans. Might have slipped
83. We …………. a trip to Delhi last summer.
84. I ......... home since last Christmas.
Ans. Haven’t gone
85. We usually ......... Early and go for a walk.
c)Had got up
Ans. Get up
86. Last Saturday we ......... to visit our ancestral home.
87. Even though it was hard at first, I came ......... the work in the factory.
Ans. To enjoy
88. ......... one of us should tell them the sad news?
89. The novel on ......... the film is based was written by an Indian.
90. Agriculture has ......... most prominent place in Indian economy.
91. Compliment means .........
Ans. What completes
92. Ingenious means .........
93. Diffident is the antonym of .........
94. Exotic is the antonym of .........
95. The synonym of avaricious is .........
96. Which of the following words is spelt correctly ?
97. We thought ......... the matter.
98. The train is always .........
99. If you go to the doctor, he ......... you some medicine.
d)Would have given
Ans. Will give
100. The story of this book is based ......... truth.