Current affairs 2012 for All Competitive Exams | Current affairs quiz August 2012 | PSC | SSC | UPSC | current affairs for civil services | Kerala MCA Entrance Exam | Current affairs for IBPS | SBI | Bank PO | RRB Exams | Current affairs in pdf file
1. Who became the first male swimmer to win the same event (men’s 200 metres) at 3 successive Olympics?
Ans. Michael Phelps
2. Who became the first Badminton player to win a Olympic Medal for India?
Ans. Saina Nehwal , she won the bronze medal for India in the London Olympics 2012.
3. Who became the 1st tennis players to win 4 Olympic gold medals?
Ans. Venus Williams and Serena Williams
4. Who took over as leader of the house in Lok sabha in India?
Ans. Sushilkumr Shinde
5. Who is elected as Vice-President of India for 2nd term in 2012?
Ans. Hamid Ansari
6. Name the women boxer who won Bronze medal for India at the London Olympics 2012.
Ans. Mary Kom
7. Name the Indian who won silver medal in Men’s 25 m rapid fire pistol shooting at London Olympics 2012?
Ans. Vijay kumar
8. India won ........ medals at London Olympics?
Ans. India won six medals at the London Olympics 2012 including two silvers, four bronze and no gold.
9. Which bird was declared as state bird by the Delhi Government?
Ans. House Sparrow
10. Name the Indian cricketer who retired from international cricket recently.
11. Name the Ethiopian Prime Minister who died recently.
Ans. Meles Zenawi
12. Who was elected as deputy chairperson of the Rajya Sabha in India?
13. Name the virus which is being spread mostly by mosquito bites that has hit USA recently.
Ans. West Nile virus
14. Name the US astronaut who was the first to land on moon passed away recently.
Ans. Neil Armstrong
15. Who won the under-19 cricket world cup 2012?
16. Name the American tennis player who retired after US Open 2012 tournament.
Ans. Andy Roddick
17. What is the name given by Brazilians for 2014 World cup ball?
18. Which country won the Nehru Cup International Football Tournament 2012?
19. Who won silver in the men’s high jump event for India at the Paralympic Games 2012 in London?
Ans. Girisha Hosanagara Nagarajegowda
20. Nasscom recently renamed BPO sector as?
Ans. BPM (Business Process Management)
21. Name the newest server edition of operating system unveiled by Microsoft.
Ans. Windows Server 2012
22. Name the father of White Revolution who died recently.
Ans. Verghese Kurien
23. Which Indian state will get its first railway station?
24. Who is elected as Prime Minister of Libya?
Ans. Mustafa Abu-Shakour