Current affairs 2012 for All Competitive exams | Current affairs quiz June 2012 | Current affairs for IBPS | SBI | Bank PO | SSC | PSC | UPSC | MBA, MCA Entrance | RRB Exams | Current affairs in pdf file
1. Who has taken over as the 25th Chief of the Indian Army?
Ans. General Bikram Singh
2. Name the Indian director whose movies will be launched online as a part of film festival in Yahoo India ?
Ans. Vidhu Vinod Chopra
3. Who took over as Vice-Chief of Indian Air Force ?
Ans. Air Marshal D.C.Kumaria
4. Name the Indian cricketer who took oath as Rajya Sabha MP ?
Ans. Sachin Tendulkar
5. Which planet crossed the sun on 5th June 2012 making one complete orbiter rotation ?
6. Where in India talking ATM is launched by Union Bank of India?
7. Who won the mixed doubles title at the French Open 2012?
Ans. Mahesh Bhupathi and Sania Mirza
8. Which country is set to launch manned spacecraft in June 2012 ?
9. Where did Myanmar opposition leader Aung San Suu Kyi accept her 1991 Nobel Peace Prize ?
10. Who is declared as President of Egypt ?
Ans. Mohammed Mursi
11. Who is elected as the new President of Mexico ?
Ans. Entwick Pena Neto
12. Who has been elected as 25th Prime Minister of Pakistan?
Ans. Raja Pervez Ashraf
13. Who is elected as the new President of Jarmany ?
Ans. Jovakim Gauk
14. Who is elected as the new President of France ?
Ans. Franswa Olad
15. Name the first woman on Facebook board who joined as Chief Operating Officer ?
Ans. Sherly Sandberg
16. Which payment mode a must for public sector banks from July 1st 2012 ?
17. Who took over as Vice-Chief of Indian Air Force?
Ans. Air Marshal D.C. Kumaria
18. Which country celebrated Queen’s 60 year reign recently?
Ans. United Kingdom
19. Who won the 73rd PGA Tour Title 2012?
Ans. Tiger Woods
20. Who won the Catalunya MotoGP 2012?
21. Name the Pakistan Interior Minister who was suspended for dual nationality ?
Ans. Rehman Malik
22. Who won the 21st Sultan Azlan Shah Cup hockey tournament 2012?
Ans. New Zealand
23. Which medal did India bag at the 21st Sultan Azlan Shah Cup hockey tournament 2012?
24. What is the importance of June 5th?
Ans. World Environment Day
25. Name the author of ‘The Twilight Zone’ who passed away recently ?
Ans. Ray Bradbury
26. Who has been appointed as Chief Election Commissioner to take over S.Y.Quraishi from June 10th 2012?
27. Name the company which has developed a vaccine for dengue ?
Ans. Paris-based Sanofi
28. Who is named as Event Ambassador for 2012 World Twenty20?
29. Name the 250 MW unit thermal power project commissioned by BHEL recently?
Ans. Harduaganj thermal power project in Uttar Pradesh
30. What material is used by Israeli scientists to develop strong plastic to replace steel and other materials used in pipelines and machinery?
31. Where in the world forced marriage is set to become crime?
32. Which 2 disease has been identified as top killers around the world by UNICEF?
Ans. Pneumonia and Diarrhea
33. Who won the Dutch MotoGP?
Ans. Casey Stoner
34. How many medals did India bag at the Commonwealth Weightlifting Championships?
Ans. 45 medals, including 29 gold
35. Who won the Thailand Open 2012?
Ans. Saina Nehwal
36. Who won the French Open 2012 men’s title?
Ans. Rafael Nadal
37. Who was presented with Wisden India Outstanding Achievement award?
Ans. Sachin Tendulkar for completing a century of 100 international hundreds
38. Where have scientists discovered the largest ever under-ice bloom of phytoplankton?
Ans. Under the Arctic ice
39. Name the Operating system and mobile Operating system version that Apple announced at the 23rd annual developers conference WWDC (World Wide Developers Conference)?
Ans. Mountain Lion and iOS6
40. Which search engine has signed a deal with Encyclopedia Britannica to bring richer content to its search results?
Ans. Microsoft search engine Bing
41. What is the importance of June 14th?
Ans. World Blood Donor Day
42. Which application of Microsoft is available for educational institutes free of cost?
Ans. Microsoft Office 365
43. Who took over as the director of ISRO Satellite Centre?
Ans. S.K.Shivakumar replaces T.K.Alex
44. Which 2 country’s home ministers are set to meet on yearly basis?
Ans. India and Bangladesh
45. Name the feature that Facebook is set to launch which will allow advertisers to participate in real-time bidding to show ads on its website ?
Ans. Facebook Exchange
46. Which country is set to create world’s largest marine park network?
47. Name the China’s space mission whose crew included its first woman astronaut, Liu Yang ?
Ans. Shenzhou-9 spacecraft
48. Which state got India’s 4th Buddhist centre?
Ans. Arunachal Pradesh
49. Who becomes 4th Prime Minister of Greece in 8 months time?
Ans. Antonis Samaras
50. What is the importance of June 30th 2012?
Ans. The last minute of 30th June 2012 will be 1 second longer and will be known as ‘leap second’
Download Current Affairs June 2012 in pdf file