Current affairs 2012 for All Competitive exams | Current affairs quiz July 2012 | PSC | SSC | UPSC | current affairs for civil services | Current affairs for IBPS | SBI | Bank PO | RRB Exams | Current affairs in pdf file
1. Who will become the first Indian woman and 5th sportsperson to be conferred with Lt.Colonel rank?
Ans. MC Mary Kom
2. India’s which forest area has been added to list of world heritage sites by the United Nations Organisation?
Ans. 1,600km long Western Ghats
3. RBI is planning to introduce which currency on pilot basis?
Ans. Plastic currency
4. Who became Yahoo’s 3rd CEO in a year?
Ans. Marissa Mayer
5. Name the deputy minister who will take charge as Prime Minister in Italy.
Ans. Vittorio Grilli
6. Which Indian state residents will have to pay property tax for the first time?
Ans. Jammu and Kashmir
7. Where in India International summit on space research will be held hosted by ISRO?
8. Which state plans for zero pollution technology for water treatment project?
9. Name the first South African female elected as African Union Commission head.
Ans. Nkosazana Dlamini-Zuma
10. Which application of Microsoft was unveiled with cloud option recently?
Ans. Microsoft Office 2013
11. Name the former South African President who celebrated 94th birthday recently.
Ans. Nelson Mandela
12. How many players represent India at the London Olympics 2012?
Ans. 81 players in 13 sports
13. RBI to issue Rs.5 coins bearing which institutes emblem as it mark’s its Centenary Year?
Ans. Indian Council Medical Research
14. Which company join hands with Google to introduce Google Web Academy in India?
15. Who is sworn in as 13th President of India ?
Ans. Pranab Mukherjee
16. Who is the present Chief Minister of Karnataka?
Ans. Shri Jagadish Shettar
17. Name the novel written by Kerala-born poet and writer Jeet Thayil which has found a place on the 2012 Booker prize list.
18. Which Indian state has banned usage of air conditioners and changed office timings in all the Government offices, Boards and Corporations following power crisis?
19. Which Indian state bagged best heritage tourism award at the 3 day India Tourism Mart held at Bangalore recently?
20. Name the Padma Bhushan, Kalidas Puraskar and Kalaimamani award recipient, and Kuchipudi dancer who passed away recently?
Ans. Vempati Chinna Satyam
21. Who is the present Finance Minister of India?
Ans. P Chidambaram
22. Who is the present Home Minister of India?
Ans. Sushilkumar Shinde
23. Name the Indian scientist who is one among nine winners of the 1st Yuri Milner Fundamental Physics Prize worth Rs.16.7 crore ?
Ans. Ashoke Sen
24. Who will become the first Australian to compete at 7 Summer Olympics Games?
Ans. Andrew Hoy
25. Why the Malayalam film actor Mohanlal’s movie ‘Spirit’ exempted from tax?
Ans. Film creates awareness on social issues faced by the society due to increase in liquor consumption
26. Who was named player of Euro 2012?
Ans. Magisterial Iniesta
27. Which Indian state will setup 200 hi-tech mini-dairy units to boost milk production?
28. What is the length of world’s longest cable stayed bridge built by Russia?
Ans. 1,104 meter link Valdivostok and Russk y Island
29. Who is the Indian business person among 27 global leaders appointed b y the United Nations to eliminate malnutrition?
Ans. Vinita Bali
30. Who won the Mexico presidency elections?
Ans. Enrique Pena Nieto
31. Who won the Euro 2012 Golden Boot?
Ans. Fernando Torres
32. What is the significance of Montreal Protocol?
Ans. An International treaty designed to protect the ozone layer by phasing out the production of numerous substances believed to be responsible for ozone depletion.
Download Current Affairs July 2012 in pdf file