Model Questions for Police Constable | Confidential Assistant Grade II | Junior Clerk | Lower Division Clerk Exams
1. The term ‘light year’ is a unit employed in measuring:
2. Which type of mirror is used as a ‘rear-view’ mirror in vehicles?
3. Polio is caused by:
4. The main controlling centre of the cell is:
5. Genetics is the study of:
Ans. Mechanisms of inheritance
6. What is the main componenet of bones and teeth?
Ans. Calcium Phosphate
7. At the equator the duration of a day is:
Ans. 12 hrs
8. Two of the planets of our Solar System have no satellites. Which are those planets?
Ans. Mercury and Venus
9. The polar radius of our earth is nearly ......... km?
Ans. 6357 km
10. Which type of soil is favoured for extensive cultivation of cotton?
Ans. Black soil
11. Dialysis is the treatment given to a patient suffering from:
Ans. Kidney problem
12. The particular date on which the sun remains at the shortest distance from the earth
Ans. 21st March
13. Ponds look shallower because of:
14. Psephology is a:
Ans. Statistical study of elections, voting etc.
15. The gland of the body responsible for secreting insulin
16. Ornithology means that branch of science that deals with the study of:
17. The instrument used to measure atmospheric pressure:
18. Seismograph is used to measure:
19. Maximum wheat producing state in India is:
Ans. Uttar pradesh
20. The quantity of water content in human body is:
21. The only vein in human body which carries pure blood is:
Ans. Pulmonary vein
22. The functional unit of the kidney is:
23. Which bird sanctuary in Kerala was formerly known as Baker’s Estate?
24. To make rubber strong and bounceable, we add:
25. The seat of memory in the human brain is located in the:
26. The recently established peacock sanctuary in Kerala:
27. Which organism is called the ‘slipper animalcule’ ?
28. Bending of stem towards light is due to:
29. Plants that grow in saline soil are called:
30. Preen gland is found in:
31. Saurology is the study of:
32. The technique of DNA finger printing was invented by:
Ans. Alec Jeffreys
33. Blood pressure controlled by:
Ans. Adrenal gland
34. In bees, dance is meant for:
35. The primary producers in nature:
1. Olympic Games are organised after a gap of every ......... years.
2. Merdeka Cup is associated with ?
3. Indian Sports Research Institute is located at :
4. How many squares are there in a Chess Board ?
5. The Olympic Games 2012 will held in:
6. With which game is the Libero associated ?
Ans. Volley Ball
7. In cricket the length of pitch between the two wickets is ......... Yards ?
8. Who is the first Indian to score a triple century in Tests?
Ans, Virender Sehwag
9. National Cricket Academy is located at:
10. Who is the first cricketer to score a century in all test playing nations?
Ans. Rahul Dravid
1. What is the compound interest on Rs. 6000 at 5% p.a for 2 years ?
2. (x-a) (x-b) (x-c) ......... (x-z) = ?
Soln. (x-a) (x-b) (x-c) ....... (x-z)
= (x-a) (x-b) (x-c) ....... (x-x)....... (x-z)
= (x-a) (x-b) (x-c) ....... (0)....... (x-z) = 0
3. If the side of a square is decreased by 50% its area is decreased by:
4. When a number is divided by 7, the quotient is 19. What is the number?
Soln. Given that A/7 = 19
Then A = 19x7 = 133
5. The number of boys and girls in a school are 470 and 564. What is the ratio of the number of boys to girls ?
Soln. Eliminating the Common Factors of 470 and 564
470:564 = 2x(235:282) = 2x47x(5:6)
So the ratio is 5:6
6. A man running at a speed of 15 km/hr, crosses a bridge in 3 minutes. What is the length of the bridge?
Ans. 750 metres
7. The side of a cube is increased by 100%. Its volume is increased by:
8. 314 cm long wire is used to make a circular ring. What will be the radius of the circular ring ?
Ans. 50 cm
Soln. The wire is 314 cm in length, that means the perimeter of the resultant circular ring is 314 cm.
2 x pi x r= 314
2 x 3.14 x r =314
r= 314/ (2x3.14) = 100/2 =50
9. 25 men can do a piece of work in 20 days. How many men will be required to finish the same work in 5 days ?
Soln. Let one man finishes a unit of work in one day, So 25 men finish 25 units of work in one day, 25 men finish 25x20 units of work in 20 dyas to finish the same work in 5 days the required number of men
= (25x20) / 5 = 5x20 = 100
10. A sum of money doubles itself in 5 years. The number of years, it would trebles itself is:
Ans. 10 years