Model Questions for Higher Secondary School Teacher (HSST) in Computer Science/Computer Application
1. The size of an ATM cell is .......... bytes.
Ans. 53 bytes
2. “Stored program concept is attributed to:
Ans. John von Neumann
3. The cache which is on the same chip as the processor is called:
4. Which level of RAID uses mirroring to achieve redundancy?
Ans. RAID level 1
5. A MAC address is .......... bytes long:
Ans. 6 Bytes
6. What is RARP means:
Ans. RARP - Reverse address resolution protocol (RARP) is used to allow a computer without a local permanent data storage media to determine its IP address from its ethernet address.
7. A compiler which runs on one machine and produces target code for another is called a:
(a) Bootstrapping compiler
(b) Just-in-time compiler
(c) Cross compiler
(d) Optimizing compiler
Ans. Cross compiler
8. The maximum length (in bytes) of an IP packet:
9. What is returned by a fork() call to the child process?
(b) Process-id-pf parent
(c) Process-id of child
10. The degree of multiprogramming is controlled primarily by?
(a) Short-term scheduler
(b) Medium-term scheduler
(c) Long-term scheduler
(d) Disk scheduler
11. The BSD version of UNIX was developed by:
(a) Bell Labs
(c) University of Berkeley
(d) Sun Microsystems
Ans. Bell Labs
12. Apple Computer’s version of the high performance serial bus used to connect devices to the personal computer is:
(a) Fire Wire
(b) High-Performance Parallel Interface
(c) Parallel sysplex
Ans. Fire Wire
13. The microchip that controls a computer’s interface to its attached serialdevices is:
(a) Virtual Device driver
(b) Universal Asynchronous Receiver/Transmitter
(c) Serial presence detect
(d) Bus master
Ans. Universal Asynchronous Receiver/Transmitter
14. In which cache mapping method is it possible to load each main memory block to any line of the cache?
(a) Direct Mapping
(b) Associative mapping
(c) Set-associative mapping
(d) None of the above
Ans. Direct Mapping
15. Which was the first processor to be shipped with a 1 gigahertz clock speed?
16. The data path and physical interface between the processor and the L1 and L2 memory is called:
(b) Backside bus
(d) Virtual memory
Ans. Backside bus
17. A group of microchips designed to work as a unit to perform one or more related functions is called:
18. Who developed the concept of semaphores?