Higher Secondary School Teacher | Non Vocational Teacher- History
Exam Held on: 01/03/2012
Question Booklet Code : A
1. ......... is known as the father of History.
2. Livy wrote .........
a)History of France
b)History of Greece
c)History of Germany
d)History of Rome
3. St. Augustine belongs to:
4. The decline and fall of Roman Empire was written by:
5. Who inaugurated the writing of history in a scientific way?
6. The year in which julius Caesar was murdered
7. On which day fall of Bastille took place
a)15th December 1790
b)10th September 1791
c)5th October 1792
d)14th July 1789
8. By what name the Bubonic plague that hit Europe in 14th century was known?
a)The Red Death
d)The Great Terror
9. What is known as fief in feudalism?
a)Piece of land
10. Medieval period in European history was known as:
a)The bright age
b)The white age
d)The dark age
11. Who was the father of Alexander the great ?
12. Who was the first among the rulers of Rome who embraced Christianity ?
13. Which ruler signed Magna Carta ?
a)Philip II of France
b)Queen Elizabeth of England
c)Louis XIV of France
d)King John of England
14. In which year was the capture of the Constantinople by the Turks?
15. In which country renaissance originated ?
16. Who is called the father of renaissance by Will Durant ?
17. In which country Reformation began?
18. Where the industrial revolution first started?
19. Who discovered the circulation of Blood?
20. Who authored devine comedy?
d)Shelly21. Who authored Iliad ?
22. What was the name of French Parliament until 189 revolution?
23. Who started the modernization of Russia?
b)Peter the great
24. Who prepared the American Declaration of independence ?
25. Who was the first President of USA?
26. Under whose leadership the petition of right was drawn up?
27. After the end of Common wealththe restoration of British monarchy took place in the year .........
28. The international organization that was formed after the first world war
b)League of Nations
29. One among the following nations is not a member of the Group called G-7.
30. One among the folllowing nations was added to G-7 to form G-8
31. The earliest Indo Aryan Folk Assembly:
32. Who was the exponent of the theory of the Central Asian Origin of Aryans?
33. Who discovered Indus Valley Civilization?
34. Parswanatha was a saint of ......... religion
35. The great physician who was associated with Sri Buddha was:
36. In which language the Buddhist scriptures were mainly written ?
37. Buddhacharitam was written by whome?
38. What does the word Veda mean?
39. What is known as fifth Veda?
40. Which is the biggest Upanishad?
41. The well known work which was written by Panini is:
42. In which part of the Rig Veda Purusha Sooktham appears?
43. Which is the most important rhetorical figure for which Kalidasa is well known ?
44. Which among the following is not included in the group of 16 Janapathas?
45. What was the turning point in the life of Asoka?
a)Death of Chandraguptha Maurya
b)Nirvana of Buddha
d)Conversion to Jainism
46. Which philosophy influenced Dharma of Asoka ?
47. Who was the chief Architect of Mauryan Administration?
48. On which branch of Knowledge Arthasasthra belongs?
49. Who assassinated the last Mauryan Ruler ?
50. Name of the Mauryan capital was?
51. Mudra Rakshasam is a Drama. What is its theme ?
a)The establiishment of Gupta rule
b)The exploits of Ravana
c)The victory of Meghanatha against Indra
d)Circumstances leading to the establishment of Mauryan Empire
52. ......... is a work on surgery. Which is it?
53. Who authored the work Brihat Samhita ?
54. Who is regarded as the first National Monarch of India?
55. What was the duty of Dharmamahamtras appointed by Asoka?
a)To look after the welfare of the people
b)To preach the ethical ideals of his religion among the people
c)To collect military information
d)To collect secret information for the police
56. To which castes the Sungas belonged
57. Which is called the golden age in Ancient Indian History?
b)The Nanda period
58. Who was the founder of the Gupta dynasty?
c)Chandra Gupta Vikramaditya
59. In which year Chandragupta I became the king?
60. Who was the last important ruler of Gupta dynasty?
61. Among the other things whose invasion also contributed to the decline of Gupta Empire?
62. The court poet of Harsha was:
63. The name of Harsh’s capital ?
64. In which battle Muhammed ghori was defeated by Prithvi Raj?
a)First battle of Tarrain
b)First battle of Panipat
c)Battle of Lahore
d)Second Battle of Tarrain
65. The title of the first dynasty which ruled north India during the period of Delhi Sulthanate ?
b) Tughluq Dynasty
66. The first Muslim ruler who invaded South India ?
a)Muhammed bin Tughluq
67. The capital of Sulthanate was shifted from Delhi to somewhere. Which was that place?
68. Who was defeated by Baber in the first battle of Panipat ?
b)Mubarak Shah Kalji
69. The first great enemy which Baber had to face after the battle of Panipat ?
70. Who was the chief Architect of Akbar’s revenue policy ?
71. What has been described by V.A Smith as the monument of Akbar’s folly ?
a)His revenue policy
b)His marriage relations
c)His Rajput policy
72. One of the following systems was introduced by Akbar. What is it?
73. Which kingdom prevented the onward march of Islam into South India during the middle ages ?
74. Who introduced subsidiary alliance ?
75. Who was the last Governor general of India under English East India Company ?
76. By which act the Government of India was taken over by the British crown from the English East India Company ?
a)Act of 1857
b)Act of 1861
c)Act of 1892
d)Act of 1858
77. Which act introduced in India the system of dyarchy?
a)The act of 1909
b)The act of 1919
c)The act of 1813
d)The charter act of 1853
78. When was the Simon commission appointed?
79. When Gandhiji was arrested in connection with Quit India Movement ?
a)August 8, 1942
b)August 9, 1942
c)August 10, 1943
d)August 15, 1943
80. What was the period of First Five year plan ?
a)April 1951 to March 1956
b)June 1951 to May 1956
c)August 1952 to July 1957
d)August 1953 to July 1958
81. One among the following is not a Sangam poet , who is that ?
a)Thiru Mangai Alwar
82. The geographical divisions of Thamizhakam during the Sangam period were called?
83. Who issued Therissa Palli inscription ?
c)Veera raghava Chakravarthi
84. In favour of whom the jewish copper plate inscription was issued?
85. Famous Astronomer who lived in the second chera capital Mahodyapuram ?
86. Who is among the following associated with Vaishnavism ?
87. Which country had the name Odanadu ?
88. Who among the following is said to have crowned at Kancheepuram ?
c)Bhoothalaveera Sree Veera Udaya Marthandavarma
89. What is the original name of Kolathiri kingdom ?
90. What does the word Swaroopam mean ?
a)The capital city of the country
b)The original seat of the royal family
c)The temple of the family diety of the dynasty
d)The name of the founder of the dynasty
91. Who was known as Darma Raja ?
a)Anizham Thirunal Marthanda Varma
b)Karthika Thirunal rama Varma
d)Sri Chithira Thirunal
92. Of which country Vikramaditya Varaguna was the ruler?
93. Who is associated with Kathakali ?
94. Which rulers were known as Deva Narayanan ?
d)Vettathu Nadu rulers
95. Who introduced tobacco in Kerala ?
96. One among the following is a Muslim ruling family in Kerala ?
97. Who was the Prime Minister of independent Travancore ?
a)Chenganacherry Parameswaram Pillai
b)Pattam Thanu Pillai
c)Attingal Gopala Pillai
d)Vaikkam Padmanabha Pillai
98. Date on which temple entry proclamation was issued?
a)12th November 1936
b)12th November 1937
c)12th November 1935
d)12th November 1934
99. Say what are the two revolutionary measures of the first communist ministry in Kerala ?
a)Health care policy and police reforms
b)Education bill and land reforms
c)Devaswam bill and forest conservation act
d)Construction of roads and canals
100. One of the visits of Gandhiji to Treavancore has been described by him as a pilgrimage to Travancore. Which was that visit?
a)Visit after Vaikkam Sathyagraha
b)Visit after the proclamation of independence of Travancore
c)Visit after the temple entry proclamtion
d)Visit after the accession of Sri Chithira Thirunal to the thrown of Travancore
1. b 2. d 3. a 4. b 5. b
6. a 7. d 8. c 9. a 10. d
11. d 12. d 13. d 14. d 15. d
16. d 17. c 18. c 19. a 20. c
21. a 22. c 23. b 24. b 25. b
26. b 27. b 28. b 29. a 30. d
31. c 32. c 33. b 34. b 35. d
36. d 37. c 38. d 39. d 40. d
41. c 42. d 43. c 44. d 45. c
46. c 47. c 48. d 49. c 50. d
51. d 52. d 53. b 54. c 55. b
56. d 57. c 58. d 59. a 60. b
61. a 62. c 63. d 64. a 65. c
66. c 67. d 68. c 69. b 70. d
71. d 72. c 73. d 74. c 75. b
76. d 77. b 78. a 79. b 80. a
81. N/A 82. d 83. b 84. c 85. b
86. b 87. d 88. N/A 89. d 90. b
91. b 92. c 93. d 94. a 95. c
96. b 97. b 98. a 99. b 100. c