Examination December 2011
Previous Question paper of C- Dit DCA Examination.
I. Fill in the blanks. Answer ALL questions.
1. In the hierarchial model data is stored in the form of ..........
2. An .......... is a property of an entity that differentiates it from other entities and provides information about the entity.
3. The data base models can be broadly classified into record based model and .......... object based model.
4. .......... is the process of efficiently organizing data in a database.
5. A .......... is a constraint between two sets of attributes in a relation form a database.
6. A .......... is a procedural code that is automatically executed in response to certain events on a particular table or view in a database.
7. The .......... is a distributed application architecture that partitions tasks or work loads between service providers and service requesters, called cliets.
8. PGA stands for ..........
9. RDBMS stands for ..........
10. The ascending order of a data hierarchy is ..........
II. Explain briefly. Answer any TEN questions.
1. Briefly describres the three levels of data abstraction?
2. Explain indexed file organization?
3. Explain hierarchical model?
4. Explain Relational database structure and terminology?
5. What is meant by DBMS? What are the advantages of DBMS?
6. What is database trigger? Explain the need and the usage of trigger?
7. Explain client server systems?
8. What are the Database system Architectures?
9. Describe briefly about DDL, DML and DCL?
10. What is Cross join? Give an example?
11. Write a short note on Shadow Paging?
12. What are the features and benefits of SQL?
13. Explain the three sections of PL/SQL Block?
III. Answer any FIVE questions. Explain in detail.
1. Explain the types of record based models?
2. Explain the types of file organization?
3. What is meant by normalization? Explain 1st, 2nd and 3rd normal forms?
4. What is deadlock? What are the FOUR necessary conditions for a deadlock occurrence? How deadlock can be prevented?
5. Explain the Database system Architectures?
6. Explain data modification in SQL with proper example.
7. Briefly explain what are the three levels of data abstraction? Discuss about the two types of Data Independence?