Questions from Current affairs February 2012
1. Name the renowned Urdu poet who passed away after battling lung cancer recently.
Ans. Akhlaq Mohammed Khan
2. Name the Karnataka Higher Education Minister who passed away in Bangalore recently.
3. Who was honoured with Serbia’s highest honour, the Karadjordje Star medal?
Ans. Novak Djokovic
4. Name the cyclonic storm that has hit Madagascar recently.
Ans. Cyclone Giovanna
5. Name the actor who was presented with a National Medal of Arts for his contributions to American culture.
Ans. Al Pacino
6. Where has JSW Energy planned to setup 450-600MW coal-fired plant?
Ans. South Africa
7. Name the Maldives President who was appointed after Mohamed Nasheed quit.
Ans. Mohammad Waheed Hassan
8. Which country released world’s highest resolution lunar images taken by its second moon orbiter, Chang’e-2?
9. Name the commission setup in accordance with Section 74 of the Meghalaya Police Act.
Ans. Police Accountability Commission
10. When is Windows 8 set to be released by Microsoft ?
Ans. February 29th 2012
11. Who was honoured with Lata Mangehkar award by the Madhya Pradesh government recently?
Ans. Rajesh Roshan
12. Name the site launched by an Italian computer science professor who hopes it will be a challenge to the US technology giant Google.
Ans. Volunia, www.volunia.com, a latest search engine launched in February 2012
13. Name the former secretary general of Basketball Federation of India who passed away recently.
Ans. Harish Sharma
14. Who is the first Indian defence minister to visit Saudi Arabia?
15. Name the 100 year old who set cycling record by riding 24.25km in an hour.
Ans. Robert Marchand, a French cyclist
16. Name the Supercomputer developed by C DAC recently for Biology research.
Download Current Affairs February 2012 in pdf file.