These questions are useful for PSC Last Grade, Assistant Salesman, Lab Assistant, KSEB Mazdoor, Reserve conductor exam preparations.
1. When did India join United Nations?
2. On imprisonment in 1908 by the British, Bal Gangadhar Tilak was sent to:
Ans. Mandalay (Burma)
3. Alexander Fleming was born in:
4. Silent valley is situated in:
5. The weight of an average human brain is about:
Ans. 1.46 Kg
6. Which one of the following cities has the maximum number of registered vehicles on the road:
7. The Bhilai Steel Plant has been established with the assistance of:
8. Indian desert is called:
9. Find out the mismatched pair
(b)Sugarcane – Uttar Pradesh
(c)Ginger – Kerala
(d)Tea – Assam
Ans. Groundnut – Bihar
10. Chocolates can be bad for health because of a high content of:
11. Water that does not make foam quickly with soap is:
Ans. Hard water
12. Capital of San Marino?
Ans. San Marino
13. According to which Article of the Indian Constitution, Jammu & Kashmir has been accorded special status?
14. Dudhwa National Park is located in:
Ans. Uttar Pradesh
15. Thein Dam has been constructed on the river:
16. ISRO stands for:
Ans. Indian Space Research Organisation
17. Diabetes is a disease affecting:
18. Lightning conductor was discovered by:
Ans. Benjamin Franklin
19. Width of Broad Gauge Track in the Indian Railway is:
Ans. 1676 mm
20. Pongal festival is celebrated in the month of:
21. Manometer is the instrument used to measure:
Ans. Pressure of gases
22. A person presses the earth least when he is:
Ans. Lying on the ground
23. The hardest substance known is:
24. The World’s smallest republic:
25. Who was the founder of the Divine Life Society?
Ans. Swami Sivananda saraswati
26. The acid used in car battery is:
Ans. Sulphuric acid
27. The term Bishop in sports is related to:
28. Yakshagan is the famous dance form of the state:
29. Bull fighting is the national game of:
30. The capital of Pallava kings was:
31. First Railway line in India was laid in:
32. Who was the Viceroy of India when the Rowlatt Act was passed?
Ans. Lord Chelmsford
33. Who translated the Autobiography of Madam Curie in Hindi?
Ans. Lal Bahadur Shastri
34. Prince of Wales Cup is associated with the game of:
35. Who was the first Governor General of Bengal?
Ans. Warren Hastings
36. In which state was the Nalanda University located in India?
37. Karl Marx’s book ‘Das Kapital’ was published in:
38. Cooking gas is a mixture of:
Ans. Butane and propane
39. Which type of glass is used for making glass reinforced plastic?
Ans. Fibre glass
40. The period of revelation of a geo stationary satellite is:
Ans. 24 hours
41. A rocket works on the principle of conservation of:
Ans. Linear momentum
42. Which country has won the Hopman Cup 2011?
43. The Rediscovery of India is written by:
Ans. Meghnad Desai
44. What is click jacking?
Ans. Malicious technique of tricking Web users into revealing confidential information.
45. The cells which are responsible for the production of antibodies are:
46. Expansion of the term http in internet address is:
Ans. Hyper text transfer protocol
47. A light year is equivalent to about:
Ans. Six trillion miles.
48. The device used for locating submerged objects under sea is: