Selected Questions from PSC Previous Agricultural Assistant Exam held on 2005.
1) The Bekal Fort was built by:
Ans. Tippu Sultan
2) ‘Rajya Samacharam’ was published from Tellicherry by:
Ans. Herman Gundert
3) ‘Vimochana Samaram’ was launched under the leadership of:
Ans. Mannath Padmanabhan
4) Gautama Buddha was born in:
5) The language in which Sangam literature was written in:
6) Dayananda Saraswathy was the founder of:
Ans. Arya Samaj
7) The last Viceroy of British India was:
Ans. Lord Mountbatten
8) Which famous port of South India gives evidence of Indo-Roman trade?
9) Home Rule Movement was started by:
Ans. Balagangadhar Tilak
10) Who was the Prime Minister of Britain when India achieved independence?
Ans. Clement Atlee
11) ‘Mamankam Festival’ or “Mamangam Festival” of Medieval Kerala was conducted at:
12) The Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry (FICCI) was founded by:
Ans. Birla and Thakurdas
13) Which state’s tourism department’s motto ‘God’s Own Country’?
14) Swami Anand Thirth was involved in:
Ans. Upliftment of Harijans
15) Who levied the tax known as ‘Chauth’?
Ans. The Marathas
16) Which Buddhist Council was held during the reign of Asoka?
Ans. Third (326 B.C)
17) What is Cytology?
Ans. The study of cells
18) The system of subsidiary alliance was introduced by:
19) The Quit India Movement was adopted by the Indian National Congress at:
20) The Mehrauli Pillar inscription belongs to the period of the:
21) The Sun’s energy is produced by:
Ans. Nuclear fusion
22) The freedom fighter who died in jail while on hunger strike was:
Ans. Jatin Das
23) Numismatics is the study of: