Model Questions and Answers for the preparation of upcoming Typist Grade Examination.
1. Whose birthday is celebrated as National Youth Day?
Answer: Swami Vivekanandan
2. ‘India wins freedom’ is a book written by:
Answer: Abdul Kalam Azad
3. Identify the constitutional amendment that included secularism and socialism in the preamble of our constitution:
4. Who is the exponent of ‘Drain theory’?
Answer: Dadabai Navroji
5. Name the Malayalee political leader whose statue is installed in Indian Parliament:
Answer: A.K Gopalan
6. In which city was U.N.O formed?
Answer: San Francisco
7. Where is ‘Sea of Tranquility’ found?
8. Which country situates in between Panama and Nicaragua?
9. Which organ in the human body is affected by Miopia?
10. Name the country which is the biggest consumer of gold?
11. The term ‘bulls eye’ is related to:
12. What is the PH value of pure water?
13. Which country, other than India has lotus as its national flag?
14. Who is known as the father of modern medicine?
15. The world cup foot ball tournament 2014 will be held at:
16. Which company was associated with the Bhopal gas tragedy?
Answer: Union carbide
17. Who won the Khel Ratna prize in 2010?
Answer: Saina Nehwal
18. Who was awarded the Adidas golden ball for the best football player of the 2010 World Cup Foot Ball tournament?
Answer: Diego Forlan
19. Who wrote the book ‘A survey of Kerala History?
Answer: A. Sreedhara Menon
20. Name the Chief Election Commissioner of India:
Answer: S.Y Quraishi
21. ‘Balasore’ where the intercept missile was experimented is in …………… state.
22. The honorary rank conferred with Sachin Tendulkar by Indian Air Force is a:
Answer: Group captain
23. Which day is observed as ‘Mandela Day’ as per U.N appeal?
Answer: July 18
24. Indian Institute of Science is located in:
25. Name the book which helped to develop the social outlook of Gandhiji:
Answer: Unto the last
26. The Greek philosopher who was never written a book is:
27. What is the color of ozone gas?
28. “One who opens a school closes a hundred prisons” Who made this comment?
Answer: Victor Hugo
29. …………….. Files are used as data containers to store one or several files in the compressed form.
30. IRC was developed by:
Answer: Jarkko Oikarinen
31. In SLIP/PPP, the connection is called:
32. A proxy server is used to transform ………….. protocol to …………. Format.
Answer: TCP/IP, HTTP
33. When you start MS Word, it automatically creates document and names it:
Answer: DOCUMENT 1
34. Which of the following short cut key is used to check spelling?
35. What is the minimum number of rows and columns that a word table can have?
Answer: 1 row and 1 column
36. While selecting text with the keyboard, it is necessary to keep the ………. Key pressed.
37. Triple-clicking the mouse selects a:
38. To merge selected records, specify the condition (s) in the ………… dialog box.
Answer: Query options
39. A ………….. can store pre-defined text, page set-up, auto text entries, styles etc.
40. The most useful function of a spread sheet are:
Answer: Formulas and graphs
41. The $ sign before the row and column number indicates that the cell address is:
42. In Microsoft power point two kind of sound effects that can be added to the presentation are:
Answer: .wav files and .mid files
43. What is a motion path?
Answer: A method of moving items on a slide
44. The select one hyperlink after another during a slide presentation, what do you press?
45. The window which shows icons for things like the mouse, sound and display is:
Answer: Control panel