GK Questions and Answers
1. In 1893,who revived Ganesh Chaturthi annual festival in the form of a public festival and gave it a distinct political face ?
Ans. Bal Gangadhar Tilak
2. Which ruler of ancient India embraced Jainism and spent his last days at Shravanabelagola in Karnataka ?
Ans. Chandragupta Maurya
3. White bud of maize is caused due to deficiency of:
4. An atom bomb is based on the principle of:
Ans. nuclear fission
5. The term ‘Siamese Twins’ is used for:
Ans. twins physically attached to each other
6. Vitamin which promotes wound healing is:
Ans. Vitamin A
7. Bauxite is an ore of:
8. Electron-volt is the unit for:
9. Who invented the term ‘Sprung rhythm’ ?
10. Titan is the largest moon or satellite of:
11. Which Indian freedom fighter and educationist founded the Bharatiya Vidhya Bhavan,an educational trust,in Mumbai on 7 November 1938 ?
Ans. K.M. Munshi
12. In ancient times,which city was known as `Pragjyotishpur` ?
Ans. Guwahati (Assam)
13. Who won the prestigious 2010 Corporate Hotelier of the year award?
Ans. P.R.S. Oberoi (East India Hotels)
14. Who is the President of Janata Party?
Ans. Dr Subramanian Swamy
15. Kavaratti is the capital of:
16. Who won the Lata Mangeshkar award for 2009-10? (given by Madhya Pradesh Government)
Ans. Anuradha Paudwal