Chemistry General Knowledge Questions and Answers for all exam preparation.
1. Who discovered Hydrogen?
Answer: Hendry Cavendish
2. Who gave Hydrogen that name?
3. Which gas was discovered by Daniel Rutherford?
4. Who discovered Oxygen?
Answer: Joseph Priestly
5. Fluorine was extracted for the first time by:
Answer: Henri Moissan
6. Which is the oldest anaesthetic in the world:
7. The chemical that imparts yellow color to glass:
Answer: Cadmium sulphide
8. Lead Chromate imparts …………….. color to rubber products:
9. The chemical used in photographic films:
Answer: Silver Bromide
10. The poisonous gas formed when plastic is burned:
11. Which metal is used to make the covering of nuclear reactors?
12. Which is added to petrol to reduce knocking:
Answer: Tetra Ethyl Lead
13. The first organic compound prepared in laboratory:
14. Which is known as ‘Artificial Silk’?
15. Which one of the following is an isotope of Hydrogen?
Answer: All of these
16. The formula of Hard Water:
17. Chemical used by USA in Vietnam War:
Answer: Agent orange
18. Heaviest gas:
Answer: Uranium Hexaflouride
19. The chemical that turns silver ornaments into black:
Answer: Hydrogen sulphide
20. The Nitrogen compound used as both fertilizer and explosive:
Answer: Ammonium Nitrate
21. The bubbles in Champagne are:
Answer: Carbon dioxide
22. When you chop onions, your eyes can burn because a chemical reaction produces:
Answer: Sulphuric acid
23. Humans excrete most nitrogen based wastes in urine using which molecule?
24. What pigment is most directly responsible for the brown color of faces?
25. The chemical known as thimerosol has been used to preserve saline solutions and vaccines. Thimerosol contains which metal?