Questions and Answers Related to Plants
Titles of Plants and Fruits
1. Which fruit is called wonder nut?
Ans. Cashew nut
2. Which plant is called golden shower tree?
Ans. Kanikkonna (Cassia fistula)
3. Which is the costliest spice in the world?
4. Which plant is called India’s golden thread?
5. Which spice is called black gold?
6. Which spice is called ‘queen of spices’?
7. Which is the king of spices?
8. What pigment gives carrot its orange color?
Ans. Beta Carotene
9. Which plant is called mother of herbs?
Ans. Coleus aromaticus
10. Which is called king of herbs?
Ans. Ganoderma (a fungus)
11. What is vegetable gold?
12. Which plant grows the fastest?
13. Which is the slowest growing plant?
Ans. Saguaro (a Cactus plant)
14. Which is called princess of spices?
15. Which fruit is called king of fruits?
16. Which fruit is called love apple?
17. Which is the largest fruit in the world?
18. Which plant reproduces the fastest?
Ans. Wolffia microscopica
19. Which vegetable has the lowest calorific value?
20. What is the source of turpentine?
21. From which plant litmus is prepared?
22. Which plant is called a living fossil?
23. Which plant is called Bodhi tree?
Ans. Banyan tree
24. Which fruit has the highest calorific value?
25. What is the Japanese art of growing dwarf plants called?