PSC Model Questions and Answers Related to Geography And Astronomy
1. The outermost and thinnest layer of the Earth’s surface is known as Crust.
2. Shape of the earth is generally referred to as Oblate Spheroid.
3. Coriolis force is zero at the equator and increases progressively towards either poles.
4. Igneous rocks are formed by the solidification of molten magma. Eg: Granite, Basalt.
5. The pacific belt is known as the Ring of Fire because of the large number of active volcanoes.
6. Skylab is the first Earth orbiting space station of America and the Russian couter part for Skylab was Salyut 7.
7. Venus is the hottest planet in the solar system.
8. Mercury, Venus, Earth and Mars are inner planets and others are outer planets.
9. Exobiology is the study of life in outer space.
10. Apple was the first communication satellite of India.