Computer Basic General Knowledge Questions and Answers.
1. Data going into the computer is called
2. How many values can be represented by a single byte?
3. Microsoft Office is:
Answer: An application suite
4. Information travels between components on the motherboard through:
5. One megabyte equals approximately
Answer: 1 million bytes
6. When you are working on a document on PC, where is the document temporarily stored?
7. How are data organized in a spreadsheet?
Answer: Rows and columns
8. Magnetic tape is not practical for applications where data must be quickly recalled because tape is:
Answer: An expensive storage medium
9. When cutting and pasting, item cut is temporarily stored in:
10. One advantage of dial-up internet access is:
Answer: It utilizes existing telephone service
11. Network components are connected to the same cable in the ………… topology
12. Two or more computers connected to each other for sharing information form a:
13. What is the term for unsolicited e-mail?
14. What type of program controls the various computer parts and allows the user to interact with the computer?
Answer: Operating system
15. Office LANs that are spread geographically apart on a large scale can be connected using a corporate
16. What is the process of copying software programs from secondary storage media to the hard disk called?
17. The code for a Web page is written using …………….
18. In a relational database, this is a data structure that organizes the information about a single topic into rows and columns.
19. The first computers were programmed using:
Answer: Machine language
20. When the pointer is positioned on a …………., it is shaped like a hand.