Computer Objective Type Questions and Answers for all psc and other examinations.
1. It is anything in a form suitable for use with a computer. What is it?
2. Computer uses a numeral system which represents numeric values using two symbols, 0 and 1. What is this numeral system known as.
Answer: Binary numeral system
3. On almost all modern computers, a byte is equal to.
Answer: 8 bits
4. The term used for identifying data storage chips or devices.
5. What does EEPROM stands for?
Answer: Electrically Erasable Programmable Read-Only Memory
6. A type of programming language easily understood by computers, but almost impossible for humans.
Answer: Machine language
7. Methodical process of finding and reducing the number of bugs or defects in a computer program.
8. A program that translates source code into object code.
9. FORTRAN was designed by
Answer: John Backus
10. Pascal, the high-level programming language was developed by.
Answer: Niklaus Wirth
11. The process which uses of two or more central processing units (CPUs) within a single computer system.
12. The process of copying file from an online service or bulletin board service to one’s own computer.
13. A design for a set of characters which is the combination of typeface and other qualities, such as size, pitch and spacing.
14. Small, lightweight and inexpensive laptop computers suited for general computing and accessing web-based applications typically with long battery life.
15. Microsoft released its operating system Windows 7 in:
16. In the computer history, James Gosling is known for
Answer: Developing Java
17. Who founded Free Software Foundation?
Answer: Richard Stallman
18. A type of printer that works by spraying ionized ink at a sheet of paper.
Answer: Ink-jet Printer
19. A unit used to measure spatial printing or video dot density.
20. If an image has higher resolution, it means
Answer: It has more image detail
21. Which of the following is a raster-based image editor?
Answer: Adobe Photoshop
22. What is common with JPEG, TIFF, PNG, BMP and SVG?
Answer: Image file formats
23. A Multipurpose national Identity Card (MNIC) project initiated by Government of India.
24. A category of disk drives that employ two or more drives in combination for fault tolerance and performance.
25. A technique in which data is written to two duplicate disks simultaneously
26. A scripting language developed by Netscape to enable Web authors to design interactive sites.
27. What does USB stands for
Answer: Universal Serial Bus
28. How many devices can be connected to a computer via USB
29. Ability of a computer system to automatically configure expansion boards and other devices.
30. In computing half of a Byte is known as
31. A Petabyte is equal to
Answer: 1000 TB
32. One of the parts of the computer is sometimes shortened to mobo. What is it?
33. Intel corporation was founded by
Answer: Gordon E. Moore and Robert Noyce
34. A very large and expensive computer capable of supporting hundreds or even thousands of users, simultaneously.
Answer: Mainframe computer
35. Highest distinction in computer Science and often dubbed as “Nobel Prize of computing?
Answer: Turing Award
36. A short-range radio technology aimed at simplifying communications among Internet devices and between devices and the Internet.
37. What does EBPP stands for?
Answer: Electronic Bill Presentment & payment.
38. Electronic delivery of invoices or bills and related information by a company to its customers is known as
Answer: Electronic Billing
39. What does ERP stands for.
Answer: Enterprise resource Planning
40. Computer software designed to help the user to perform singular or multiple related specific tasks is known as
Answer: Application Software
41. In computing terminology,…………….refers to the execution of a series of programs or jobs on a computer without manual intervention.
Answer: Batch Processing
42. Hotmail, a free web-based email service operated by Microsoft, was co-founded by an Indian Engineer. Who was he?
Answer: Sabeer Bhatia