General English Model Questions and Answers for LDC Examination preparation.
1. I will write a letter to you ………. the dates of the programme
2. A group of bacteria is called:
3. The antonym of ‘abide’ is:
4. You may wait here ………….. I return.
5. The meaning of ‘Dutch Act’ is:
(d)Continue in action
6. Everyone needs help………….?
Answer: (a)don’t they?
7. The phrase ‘vis-a-vis’ means:
(d)That is all
8. We will not go out unless it ……….raining
9. A government ruled by a few person is called:
10. The passive form of ‘Someone gave me a pen’ is:
(a)I am given a pen
(b)I was given a pen
(c)I have given a pen
(d)I give a pen
Answer: (b)I was given a pen
11. She refused ………….. the work entrusted.
(a)to be done
Answer: (c)to do
12. Excessive fear towards everything.
13. She is as fair as a:
14. Spare the road and ………… the child.
15. Ask her ………….
(a)whether she realizes
(b)whether she realize
(c)whether she to realize
(d)whether she should realize
Answer: (a)whether she realizes
16. Which is the correctly spelt word:
17. ‘Do you like coffee’ she asked. The indirect speech form of this sentence is:
(a)She said I liked coffee
(b)She asks I like coffee
(c)She asked whether I liked coffee
(d)She asked whether I like coffee
Answer: (c)She asked whether I liked coffee
18. The filing of the records…………… over.