General English Questions and Answers for preparing Lower Divisional Clerk Examinations.
1. My mother went to ……….. Hospital to visit a sick Grandfather yesterday.
2. No one was injured , …………….?
Answer: c)Were they
3. He used to play well,…………..?
c)used to he
Answer: a)didn’t he
4. The committee …………. Divided on the issue.
5. If I had a car, I ………. You myself
d)would have picked
Answer: b)would pick
6. Which of the following is correct:
a)gold is a precious substance
b)a gold is a precious substance
c)The gold is a precise substance
d)gold are precious substance
Answer: a)gold is a precious substance
7. I …………… here for the past three years
c)have been living
Answer: c)have been living
8. Hundred miles ……….. not a great distance
9. Passive voice of ‘Are you expect first rank?’
a)you are being expected by first rank
b)are you expected by first rank
c)is first rank being expected by you
d)Were first rank being expected by you
Answer: c)is first rank being expected by you
10. By this time next Sunday I ……. London
c)will have reached
d)will be reaching
Answer: c)will have reached
11. This house ………….. to my grand father
12. Children afraid …………. The dark.
13. When I ………….. his house, he was reading a novel.
14. Choose the correct form of the word from the alternatives given below.
15. It is a high time he …………… type writing
16. Find out the relevant single term form the alternatives given below to mean ‘identification of disease by means of its symptom’
17. Give the meaning of the word ‘ambiguous’ from the choice given below:
18. which of the following is opposite in meaning to the word ‘likely to happen’
Answer: d) improbable