GK Questions for IBPS Exam
1. Nowadays many times we heard about CPI. What is the full form of CPI in the economic terminology?
a)Commercial profit Index
b)Consumer’s Price Index
c)Consumer’s profit Incentive
d)None of these
Answer: b)Consumer’s Price Index
2. Benghazi is a city situated in the country ……………….
3. World Health Day is being observed on ………………
Answer: b)April 7
4. Who was selected as the First Runner Up in the Miss Universe beauty contest?
Answer: d)Yendi Philipps
5. Recently Russian parliament ratified an agreement with which of the following country on air transit of military cargoes to Afganistan?
6. Vallipuram Parvathi died recently. What was the importance of her?
a)A famous karnatic singer
b)A well known political leader
c)Was the mother of Late Veerappan
d)Was the mother of LITTLE leader Late Velupillai prabhakaran
Answer: d)Was the mother of LITTLE leader Late Velupillai prabhakaran
7. Who was named as the Time Magazine’s 2010 person of the year on December 15, 2010?
Answer: c)Mark Zuckerberg
8. United nations climate change conference was held at:
9. Wipro Chairman Azim Premji made a pledge to give ………… to improve school education in India.
a)1 billion dollar
b)2 billion dollar
c)3 billion dollar
d)4 billion dollar
Answer: b)2 billion dollar
10. 7th summit of G-20 will be held in …………. in the year 2012.
11. When a country devalues its currency, its effect would be……………..
a)Imports and exports will become cheap
b)Imports and exports will become costly
c)Imports become cheap and exports become costly
d)Imports become costly and exports become cheap
Answer: d)Imports become costly and exports become cheap
12. Natailie Portman was got the Oscar Award 2011 for her outstanding performance in the film………………
a)The King’s speech
b)The social network
Answer: d)Black Swan
13. ‘Decision points’ was written by:
c)George W. Bush
Answer: c)George W. Bush
14. Of the following which country was ‘exempted’ from the list of hosts later for the ICC Cricket World Cup on the security point of view?
15. 34th National Game 2011 was held in ……………
16. Of the following which film was chosen as the best film by the Oscar Academy Award Committee in 2011?
c)Alice in wonderland
d)The King’s speech
Answer: d)The King’s speech
17. Of the following who is the winner of Allan Border Medal?
Answer: c)Shane Watson
18. Akira Suzuki who won the Nobel Prize 2010 in Chemistry is a nationality of ……….
19. Tarun Gogoi is the chief minister of ………….
20. The full form of SEZ is special economic Zone. Then what is ESZ?
a)Economic Social Zone
b)Eco sensitive zone
c)Environment Special Zone
d)Economic status zone
Answer: b)Eco sensitive zone
21. Recently huge deposits of natural uranium found in ………….
Answer: d)Andhra Pradesh
22. Recently Central Govt. has decided to extend visa on arrival facility to ……… ASEAN countries from Jan 1, 2011.
23. Of the following one pair is wrong. Find it.
a)Ven jiabao- Chinese Prime Minister
b)Ashok Gehlot - chief minister of Rajastan
c)K. Radhakrishnan- ISRO chairman
d)Jain commission- Godhra train burning issue
Answer: d)Jain commission- Godhra train burning issue
24. Of the following who wrote the book ‘In Defense of Globalization’.
Answer: a)J. Bhagwati
25. ‘ADHAR’ is a program of Central Govt to ……………..
a)Develop basic facilities
b)Help ladies and children
c)Provide identity to all Indian residents
d)Provide nutritional support to children
Answer: c)Provide identity to all Indian residents