Current Affairs May 2015 PDF: Current Affairs May 2015 Questions and Answers, Current Affairs May 2015 Questions and Answers in PDF file for preparing PSC, SSC, UPSC, Civil Services, Bank, RRB and all Other Competitive Examinations in India.
1. Which Indian contemporary srtist was awarded ‘Chevalier des Arts et Lettres’ (Knight of the Order of Arts and Letters), the highest cultural award of France?
Answer: Bharti Kher
2. Name the navigation satellite recently launched by the ISRO?
Answer: IRNSS 1D
3. On which day was Earth Hour observed in 2015?
Answer: March 28 (8.30 pm- 9.30 pm)
4. Which central government agency has been selected for the 2014 Gandhi Peace Prize?
5. Who is the first Indian to become World No.1 in the Badminton World Federation (BWF) ranking in the women’s singles category?
Answer: Saina Nehwal
6. The Supreme Court has struck down which section of the IT Act 2000, finding it unconstitutional and untenable?
Answer: Section 66 A
7. Which neighboring country has won the Women in Parliaments (WIP) Award in the South and South East Asia Category?
8. Which filmmaker was awarded the Bhupen Hazarika International Solidarity Award?
Answer: Adoor Gopalakrishnan
9. Who won the 2015 Miss India World Title?
Answer: Aditii Arya
10. Which Indian American’s book , ‘Family Life’ has won the 2015 Folio Prize?
Answer: Akhil Sharma
11. Which was adjusted the best feature film in the 2014 National Film Awards?
Answer: Court, The film has been directed by Chaitanya Tamhane
12. Who was awarded Major Dhyan Chand Lifetime Achievement Award by Hockey India?
Answer: Balbir Singh Senior
13. Who heads the newly formed committee to review the existing Public Private Partnership (PPP) Cell in the Railway Board?
Answer: Ajay Shankar
14. Who was appointed Chief Financial Officer of Google?
Answer: Ruth Porat
15. Name the first state in the country to launch e-ration card service?
16. Saudi Arabia, along with which regional organization of nations, is engaged in military operations against Houthi rebels in Yemen?
Answer: Gulf Co-operation Council (GCC)
17. Who are the winners of the ICC Cricket World Cup?
18. Name the new web portal, launched by the Government of India for redressal of grievances of people, replacing the old portal “PMO CPGRAMS”?
Answer: Pro-Active Governance and Timely Implementation (PRAGATI)
19. Which Indian American Scientist was selected for the US Presidential Award?
Answer: Murty Kambhampati
20. Which renowned Hindi poet was awarded the inaugural Rashtriya kavi Pradeep Samman?
Answer: Gopaldas Neeraj
21. What was the main theme of 2015 Republic Day Parade that was attended by US President Barack Obama as the Chief Guest?
Answer: nari Shakti
22. What is the name of the heaviest next generation rocket launched by ISRO recently that marked first step towards Indi’s manned missions?
Answer: GSLV Mark-III
23. The Government on 12th January 2015, linked which district of Kerala to the National Optic FIbre Network, making the first district of India to have complete rural broadband coverage?
24. Which state government in January 2015, announced setting up of the International Institute of Music, the first international institute in India that is dedicated to music?
25. In a historic development America and which country agreed to restore diplomatic ties that Washington served more than 50 years ago?
26. Which state of India became the first in the country to make voting in local bodies elections compulsory, empowering the election commission to declare a non-voter as defaulter and liable to punishment?
27. The Union Ministry of Urban Development on 21 January 2015 launched which scheme to preserve and rejuvenate the rich cultural heritage of the country?
Answer: HRIDAY Scheme
28. Who is the Author of “India Shastra: Reflections on the Nation in Our Time” that was released on 15 January 2015?
Answer: Shashi Tharoor
29. Prime Minister Narendra Modi in January 2015 launched which small deposit scheme for girl child under the Beti Bachao Beti Padhao campaign?
Answer: Sukanya Samridhi Yojana
30. Which village in Varanasi was adopted by Prime Minister Narendra Modi as a part of Sansad Adarsh Gram Yojana?
31. Which Australian city was the venue of 9th G-20 summit from 15 to 16 November 2014, with Tony Abbot (PM of Australia) being the host leader?
32. Which mission of ISRO in January 2015 Space Pioneer Award in the Science and Engineering category?
Answer: Mars Orbitor Mission
33. Who took over as the new Director General of the Indo-Tibetan Border Police in January 2015?
Answer: Krishna Chaudhary
34. Maithripala Sirisena took over as the new President of Sri Lanka in January 2015. What is the name of his political party?
Answer: New Democratic Front
35. Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched which Digital Life Certificate for Pensioners?
Answer: Jeevan Praman
36. Who is the US Ambassador to India, became the first Indian-American to hold this post?
Answer: Richard Rahul Verma
37. “Born Again on the Mountain” released by Prime Minister Narendra Modi, is a book on the life struggle of which personality?
Answer: Arunima Sinha
38. Who was appointed as the new Director of Research and Analysis Wing (RAW), India’s external intelligence agency?
Answer: Rajinder Khanna
39. Which eminent Marathi writer was chosen for the Jnanpith Award 2014, becoming the 50th recipient of the Award?
Answer: Bhalachandra Nemade
40. Name the first National Tribal Festival held in New Delhi, organized by the Ministry of tribal Affairs?
41. Who was sworn in as the 11th Chief Minister of Goa After the resignation of Manohar Parrikar?
Answer: Laxmikanth parsekar
42. India and which country successfully test fired Barak Long Surface to Air Missile?
43. The new chairman of Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO) is?
Answer: A.S Kiran Kumar
44. Name the bank, recently launched by the Government of India, to serve the financial needs of small entrepreneurs?
Answer: MUDRA Bank
45. Who has been appointed as the new Chairman of NASSCOM (National Association of Software and Service Companies)?
Answer: BVR Mohan Reddy
46. Sumit Mazumdar has been elected president of which organization?
Answer: Confederation of Indian Industry
47. Which Indian shooter won bronze in the International Shooting Sports Federation (ISSF) Rifle and Pistol World Cup?
Answer: Apurvi CHandela
48. Name the first Indian to become World No.1 in Women’s Doubles?
Answer: Sania Mirza
49. Who won Chinese Formula One Grand Prix 2015?
Answer: Lewis Hamilton
50. Name the new Chief Election Commissioner of India?
Answer: Nasim Zaidi
51. Who became the first woman to climb the Everest summit twice in a week?
Answer: Chhurim Sherpa
52. Where in Kerala is the country’s fourth lighthouse museum set up?
53. Which Indian bank won the 2015 Asian Banker Achievement Award for Technology implementation in the category of Best Outsourcing Project?
Answer: Bharatiya Mahila Bank
54. The Government of India has renamed the Tourist Visa on Arrival Electronic Travel Authorization Scheme (TVoAETA) to:
Answer: ETourist Visa
55. Who has been appointed India’s next ambassador to France?
Answer: Dr. Mohan kumar
56. Which Indian American was honored with the ‘Champion of Change’ award by the United States?
Answer: Satya Nadella
57. Which Indian won the Asian Junior Tennis girls singles title?
Answer: Y Pranjala
58. Name the project launched by the Government of Kerala to end liquor and drug abuse?
59. Name the newly launched stealth destroyer of Indian Navy?
Answer: INS Visakhapatnam